2003 Saturn L-Series

Available in 4 styles:  2003 Saturn L-Series 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Two L series

by 1966Custom from Central Florida | July 4, 2013

I bought my first L series in 211, It was a 2003 L200, It had 100,000 miles when I bought it. This car was great. Way better than I expected (I paid $2400) Car was solid, economical. What was GM thinking when they killed Saturn? I bought my second L series 2 months ago, a 2005 L-300 with 36K miles. (paid $7K) car is like new, and this one is a 6, powerful and still economical. Nicely equipped. Best of all I have a motorhome and Saturns at superb to tow behind a motorhome. Saturns were highly prized for this duty. Again what was Gm thinking?

Reliable

by Kat from Louisiana | November 19, 2012

I was given this car (2003 L200, purchased in 2002) from my parents at 36,000-ish miles in 2006. The car is now 10 years old has a little over 160,000. I've heard around that this car is known to get 200,000 - 300,000 miles. Very reliable. I've only had maintenance issues come up. Repairs are cheap. I've abused the heck out of this car and it still runs great! My mileage (mostly city) is between 17-21, highway gets about 29. The car does have a problem with things getting broken after a while - this year my glove box level snapped in two and a body molding (?) at the rear window came loose and fell off. The electrical for the background lights in the console has always been iffy - sometimes it dims itself. The biggest dislike about this car is how low to the ground it is. At 5'10", it is a pain to get in and out of the car. When I wear heels, I am over 6' and it is a huge irritant. I can also never see around all of the SUVs and even the cars.. because of the lowness. The color is "champagne" and most people do not see my car. I have to be extra attentive when driving because of this.

Good replacement for older, dead Saturn LS sedan.

by GESWho from Pittsburgh PA | April 23, 2012

The only issue we have had with the new (used) L-300 I just bought to replace my LS 1 (that has a dead engine), is the check engine light. It claims that the theromstat is not finding the engine getting up to temperature fast enough on colder days, but no other error codes or issues with heat or running have been found. Probably a bad thermostat, but I'm keeping an eye on it. It is not covered by the warranty the dealer gave, nor the extended power train warranty I bought to go with it. Probably should have been taken care of before it was sold, however.

Owership High

by rickruler from Kalamazoo | September 24, 2011

This car has a good look, and good for MI. Winters, The salt prof,dent prof body was a good thing and will look good for years to come. But Ownership was HIGH, cost of service was more than lexus, benz, for such a small motor. L200 60000 miles service was a 1000. lexus was 700. what up with that and I aways perform service on time. NO.more GM

saturn L200

by gm dependent from western michigan | April 15, 2011

pros: very stylish, very comfortable seats, very sports car oriented suspension, good mpg , roomy trunk area, cons: bcm probs.

great car

by Accountant Johnathan from Danville, Ca | October 14, 2010

I love my 2003 Saturn L200 'sport-leather edition. The 4 cyl engine gets me up to 33mph when driven with care, yet engine still has zip, that even surprises passengers. I have 150,000 miles on car now, and no trouble.. thought my drivers heated seat just stopped working. Great Stereo, safe, strong car (which i investigated first). While ride quality is not as good as my other cars0 thought it does handle wonderfully.. this car by far has been my most trusted and dependable car ever! I plan to drive to over 200k miles before even thinking about letting it go. Looking back, it was one of my best decisons ever!. Good work Saturn!

Great, Rare Sedan! Reliable "Dark Horse"

by MKR from Chicago IL | October 8, 2010

Nobody would expect this car. It is a Saturn you've never heard of until you test drive it. Shh.. What's that sound? It's the bold V6 growling through the turns! Intimidating! Mine was leather, power everything, CD changer, heated seats, extravagant for a great price. Loved every minute in this car. When I thought there was a serious problem developing, it turned out to be a little clamp under the car rubbing on a thin aluminum heat shield, just making a chirping noise when I engaged the transmission and turned a sharp corner. Got that fixed.. $8.39, labor included. We got rear ended by a White minivan whose driver was promptly arrested for DUI. The light was red. It had been red. We flew forward about 20 feet and clipped the car in front of us. Front and rear damage, but we are safe. Bent the frame, insurance company tells me it's totaled. Can't keep it. That's why I'm online today looking for a 2004 Saturn L300. I don't want a different car, I want that one back! The car retained its value over the two years I drove it. Even though I put 13,000 miles on it, it's still worth more than I paid for it. The kbb value stayed about the same over that time, as well. And I can NOT find another one like it! This car protected me and my wife from the mayhem of a drunk driver, and up until then I'd loved every minute with it! I'd probably still be driving it if the insurance company didn't forbid me to do so.

One of the Best Cars I have ever owned

by Saturn in Alamo from Alamo, Ca | October 5, 2010

We Purchased this Saturn L200 as a 2 year old lease return with only 18k miles on it. This car has won our respect! The style is very classy and looks euro-expensive, even to people in our up-scale snobbish area! After 5 years of ownership and another 100k on the speedo, the car has been one of our most trouble free vehicles ever! OUr more expensive makes we own give alot more trouble than this tried and true Saturn! This is our main daily driver, even thought we own Buicks and Jags. Only thing is that Saturn does have a harsher ride and more noise than the others,.. but truly this is our favorite, most dependable car that has never let us down... We plan to drive to200,000 miles!

Saturn L200

by Bobby from | July 8, 2009

I have owned the Saturn L200 (bought used with 30,000 miles) for 5 years now and racked up almost 200,000 miles on it. Only been in the shop a couple times for minor problems. All in all, the car has preformed great, 4 people have ran into it and now is a three door couple. The color red is not a good color car to have due to people liking to run into them. Bad experience with past red cars. But, even after all the accidents, the car runs, handles, and is still a reliable car.

Great Looking Car with all the options

by You used to be mine. from | May 20, 2009

I hated to give up THIS car, yes the one you are looking at, but we upgraded to an SUV. It is a very sharp looking car and is fully loaded. It has just about every option available (heated mirrors, heated seats, moon roof, advanced sound, alloy wheels, automatic climate...). The only major repair on this car was one to the A/C. Other than that, it drives great with great pickup and is quiet on the road. Definitely a reliable vehicle!

Featured Services for this Saturn L-Series