2002 Saturn L-Series

Available in 5 styles:  2002 Saturn L-Series 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

260,000 miles and going

by Joe b 1983 from Kingston PA | July 30, 2013

Reliable. handles like a sports car not a wagon. only major repair ignition switch shorted out and melted starter,260000 miles still runs like new. quick and fun to drive.most reliable car I've owned.

Saturn Lover

by Saturn Lover from St Louis, MO | July 25, 2012

I bought this car new in 2002 after deciding my 10 year old SL2 was a little smaller than I wanted. 150,000 plus miles on each of them and they both still ran like new. I can't say how sad I am that I can't buy another new Saturn. After 10 years you just want something new. I may have to look for a newer used Saturn.

Great Value

by Wagon Guy from Hopatcong, NJ | July 22, 2012

I did a lot of research before I bought my LW300 in Oct. 2011, and it was the best car I could find for the money. From what I understand, it was based on the Opel Vectra, which has to be a plus. It's very fast and a pleasure to drive. Shortly after I bought the car we had a brutal snowstorm, and I was able to drive my wife to work and back safely. The ABS and traction control are fantastic. I'm very satisfied with the car, and want to thank previous poster NJD for keeping the car in such great shape, as I'm 99% sure it was their car.

Surprisingly good

by North Jersey Driver from Morristown, NJ | September 5, 2011

Bought a fully-loaded LW300 wagon used in 2007 with 57,000 miles. The car has been a nice surprise. Extremely comfortable, handles sharply, and is quite fast with the V6. Outside of expected maintenance, have only had one reliability issue of any significance, at 87,000 miles. No trouble in snow, either. Interior construction can seem a little cheap. Never owned a Saturn before and I've been very happy with this one. Running well at 90,000 miles.

Japanese auto owner turned Saturn Lover

by New to Saturn from MILWAUKEE, WI | January 19, 2011

Too bad Saturn is no longer making vehicles! I always bought HONDA'S, TOYOTA'S, SUBARU'S AND MAZDA'S (before the Japanese made car-hype caught on). Prior to buying this vehicle, I owned a 2001 Subaru Legacy. At 200,000 miles, my Subaru began to self-destruct. I took meticulous care of my car but the engine was dying and I did not want to stick $3,000 into my Subaru to keep it going while something else fell apart. So, last year, I needed a cheap, reliable commuter car. I was extremely frustrated to find people wanting top buck for used Toyota's, Honda's and Subaru's with super high miles. I decided to try out Saturn. All I can say is I wish I would have done it years earlier. My 2002 LW200 has over 130,000 and I have had no mechanical problems.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by whatagreatcar from Denver | August 26, 2006

Since 3+ years the best and most reliable car I've ever owned. Saturn has great staff, friendly and helpful, and every yearly maintenance check is a pleasure to me. Even the oil change makes me feel like a really valued customer. I am totally satisfied with the car and the service.

Featured Services for this Saturn L-Series