2007 Saturn OUTLOOK

Available in 4 styles:  2007 Saturn OUTLOOK FWD shown

Overall

Utter garbage

by Family from Ohio | February 23, 2014

Transmission just went out at 107000 miles entire engine replaced while under warranty do not buy!!!

Lemon

by Brand new Memorial Weekend 2007 from Wisconsin | December 4, 2013

I bought this brand new in 2007 with the idea that it would get 26 hwy miles. At the time I worked for a company that I was putting on about 600 miles a week on a truck and needed something to pull my boat or trailer but get me better gas mileage . Since the day I bought it, mine has never gone over 18 mpg hwy. NEVER! It had many recalls and things just keep going wrong with it. Issues such as seat parts fall off, fabric came apart, transmission had recall from shifting, wiper has a tranny and motor that is not covered under a recall, tires are a special size $$$, the tranny makes a grinding sound, and a lot more. Fyi, the battery is under the passenger seat so they have to take apart the whole thing to get to it. The back door latch is finger touch so when it goes out and the door is shut... then you pay a lot to fix it. After a year, I switched jobs and got a company car so I gave my vehicle to my wife. She has hated it since day one. The only reason we keep it is of it's attractive look, the 3rd seat has come in handy too many times to tell, we paid it off early, GM has been great to try to get things covered for us before our warranty ran out and it's trade in value is so low that we could never trade it off. I have friends with the Acadia or Chevy models. They like their's but they both went with loaded models and have only owned them for a year or less (2012 or newer). Again neither of them have ever gotten close to the hwy miles and all of us have gone on long trips. After 6 years, I would not recommend this to any one except a person looking for a nice looking van labeled as a SUV. Fyi, I was getting better gas mileage with my 2004 f250 loaded crew cab 4x4 truck then this beauty.

Almost too early to tell

by Almost 60 from Holland, MI | November 21, 2013

This is a review after only 3 weeks. I had my 2000 Durango for 8 years, so I don't buy cars all that often. Initially I love the vehicle. The looks, out and in, the room, the options, are all great. Performance seems good but I don't have a lot to compare it against. The previous owner had the transmission replace not long before trading it in, and in less than 3 weeks, I've replaced the water pump. Unfortunately, I checked Consumer Reports after buying this and this is one of the cars on their "do not buy" list! Oh well. Time will tell if I like this as well as my old Durango. If that car wasn't falling apart with rust, I'd probably still have it. I'm pretty easy on cars, not a lot of miles, so I'm hoping I still love it several years from now like I love it now. Time will tell.

Most unreliable money pit I've ever owned.

by Disgusted Outlook Owner from Germantown, WI | December 19, 2012

I'm 45 years old and have owned at least 30 verhicles. The 2007 Saturn Outlook XR was the worst I've encountered. We purchased it used a year ago with 60K miles and a clean 1 owner Carfax. The vehicle was showroom condition and came from Florida. When we first got it, everytime we filled up at a gas station, the vehicle wouldnt start until your turned it over for a minute. Mechanic couldnt figure it out. We finally figured it out with some online help that it was essentially a gas evaporation valve that failed to the open postion and the fumes were flooding the engine. No big deal. Then the heated seats quit working, Mechanic found wire that was pinched and grounding from new and resoldered in a new wire. Vehicle was front wheel drive and never got over 16 MPG and we babied it. Then a month ago, (1) of the (3) timing chains (yes 3 timing chains on this stupid thing) slipped off and so the timing of the engine got off, the valves got destroyed and we lost the engine (at 67K miles!). Thank goodness GM stood behind it, replaced the engine and we immediately traded it for a new Toyota Highlander. My wife finally loves me again and will only accept Toyotas and Hondas moving forward.

Excellent Ride!

by Outlook Owner from Cookeville, TN | April 9, 2012

Awesome version of the GM Acadia..... better though. 3rd row and cargo is great replacement vehicle for the minivan without giving up fuel efficiency... get 23mpg most of the time.

Super smooth

by Biggee Jack from Grand Rapids, mi | March 28, 2012

Roomy interior for an SUV, quiet smooth shifting ride. Mid 20's MPG highway too! No complaints, GM has a winner in this SUV!!

Headroom galore!

by Aimes from Central FL | July 6, 2011

I just bought my new (to me) Outlook today. I was looking for a mid size SUV. I test drove others, but none compared to this one! I am 6' and my husband is 6'6'' and we fit with room to spare! With all of the features for the price I was amazed. I'm excited for all of the future roadtrips I'm going to have over the life of this one!

vibration in peddle

by outlook from terre hate,in | January 4, 2011

theres a vibration in the peddle when i go 35 to 40 mph.had it looked at by 2 different places one said trany and other said its fine..

Good Attractive family hauler

by Chicago family of Four from Chicago, IL | October 27, 2010

We wanted a 3-row vehicle that could seat multiple people, but didn't want the minivan look. There are other options like the Pilot or CX-9, but GM's family of crossovers was perfect for us. It offered the size we needed, great quality and styling, gets good fuel economy for its size, and the Saturn was a terrific price. We've had the Outlook for three months now with no issues, and we've used it for lots of purposes: everyday transport for the four of us, as a cargo vehicle with the two back rows down, all three rows up with six people, etc. We couldn't be happier.

Great car, but does not acheive the touted 18mpg

by Dana from Sacramento | August 26, 2010

I love everything about my new to me 2007 Outlook XR. Except, driving around town like a granny trying to get at least 16 mpg. Now, maybe the digital display is not accurate. We've filled the tank and taken the milage and will see how it comes out. It is listed at 18 city mpg. I don't think there's much one can do if not getting the expected mpg. The rest of the car is beautiful.

Featured Services for this Saturn OUTLOOK