2009 Saturn OUTLOOK

2009 Saturn OUTLOOK

Available in 4 styles:  2009 Saturn OUTLOOK FWD shown

Overall

Too many things going wrong

by RC from California | July 15, 2014

I have a Saturn 2009 outlook bought about a year ago with just under 20,000 miles. its been a headache. headlights are always going off, engine trouble...water pump...do i need to say more. sometimes i wish i could have purchased a different car.

Issues with the engine.

by Disappointed from | February 13, 2013

I have had the Saturn Outlook 2009 for 3 years, we bought it brand new. The comfort and drive has always been nice. The problem is in the engine....now being a woman I do not understand everything about the motor,but the dealer has replaced the "TIMING CHAIN" in the engine TWICE, and there have also been other things they have replaced that I am not familiar with, it has taken multiple trips to the dealer for them to figure out the issues, they have had our vehicle for weeks at a time. Everytime they send it back, the engine light goes on again This vehicle has been in the shop at least 6 times for a week or more....it is just not reliable. The service manager told me "oh yes there are problems with this engine, it is the same engine as the GMC Acadia, and the Chevy Traverse....GM is going to stop putting this engine in autos....so beware if you buy any of these models from 2009 until now 2013. This has been a nightmare for us, and they fix it only to have it go back in the shop again every fe months.... We have had enough and are going to try and trade it in very soon.

Too Early to tell

by No Junk Welcome from San Antonio, TX | September 15, 2012

I've had my 2009 Saturn Outlook LS for about 2 months now. We've driven about 1500 miles in cities and on highways. It's been a very nice vehicle. For as large and capacious as it is, it gets pretty good mileage. Just about what they predicted 17/24. Interior is all leather and very comfy. Wifey loves the heated psgr seat option as she gets cold with my A/C settings, even though her temp is set higher than mine. My kids love the rear seating and the DVD player. The dual zone air really takes the edge off the TX summer heat. It handles well, drives like a dream. The only complaints I have are that I'm getting an occasional, sporadic Stabilitrak warning light. I understand that it can be due to many reasons, ie; under inflated tires to too much weight in the vehicle or even a true malfunction etc. Vehicle still seems to be functioning properly though. It downshifts kind of slowly in low gears at low speeds sometimes and especially going down hill. Other than that, it is a very nice vehicle with tons of extra features that I'm still discovering.

Outlook Vs Acadia

by Stevecat from Staten Island, NY | June 11, 2012

We were in the market for an SUV that seats 7 or 8. my wife fell in love with the GMC Acadia. We looked everywhere for a certified per own with less then 30,000 miles. One day was saw the Outlook and did a double take thinking it was an Acadia. I then began my serch for the Saturn Outlook and found one in PA. My wife at first was not into the outlook, her mind was set on the Acadia. I took her to PA to see the Outlook and she then fell in love with it. I have it for three weeks and love it. My Saturn is fully loaded with the Tri-coat paint.

Improving my Outlook

by New Saturn Owner from Sacramento, CA | February 14, 2012

I was looking for an all around vehicle for a family of 4 kids and a wife. The Saturn was my first choice and finally I found one that had nearly evcery thing I wanted. Everything except AWD and GPS. Great car with lot's of leg room and everything in it's place. It's easy to enter and exist the vehicle. Can only get 16.1 MPG so it may need a tune up. I purchased it with 79002 miles on it. The only problem I have with the Outlook is the cheap heater controls. They get stuck when you push them in and the tempature goes down to 60 because it's in a stuck position. Other than that I love everything about this car.

Love my Saturn

by Kentucky Wildcat from Shelbyville, KY | April 27, 2011

Our XR is the first brand new car we have ever bought. We bought this car on the very day they announced they would discontinue the Saturn line. This car is super comfortable for long rides and our chocolate exterior looks great, too. I would comment on service, but 2 years in we have not had it in the shop! I can squeeze out 25 or 26 mpgs on the highway if I slow down and drive conservatively, but 22 or 23 mpg is more realistic.

LOVE THIS SUV!!! It is very classy and IMPRESSIVE

by Ashley from Logan,WV | February 27, 2011

My husband and I just bought this suv! We love it! I have three children 5,4, and 2. I put the older ones in the back and the baby(2) rides in the middle. I am really impressed! This is the nicest, best, classiest SUV I have ever had! If you buy one, you WON"T REGRET it!!! We have an 2008 the cocoa exterior with the tan interior. I am just sorry Saturn stop making this car!!! For my family it is what I have always dreamed of and the Acadia is nice but the reviews aren't as good with a higher price tag. This is the BESt for the $. It is everything I could want and more!!!!

Great All Around Vehicle

by ginterjo from Waterford, MI | February 22, 2011

Bought a 2010 Saturn Outlook. Saturn made some in 2010 till about March. I love the interior and exterior styling. Very comfortable and smooth drive. I have the seven passenger vehilce with black leather seating. Very comfortable and rich looking. All of the GM Lambda vehicles (Acadia, Enclave, Traverse, Outlook) had an improvement in the engine acceleration that came out early 2009. Earlier engines had a slight lag when you hit the acceleration. This 2010 drives beautifully. Love the Cocoa color. Plan on keeping this vehicle for a long time. Best bang for your buck compared to the other lambda vehicles.

Good value for the price

by Dukephx4 from Greenville, NC | February 3, 2011

My only regret is in purchasing the XE instead of the XR. Only because we found such a good deal on a 2009 when we were looking at 2007's. I'm missing the creature comforts and luxury. The cloth interior is terrible, and in the light gray (like we have), it shows every little speck of dirt and water stains from drops from a water bottle. Other than that, we love it. The engine gives it enough pep to pass nearly anyone and getting on a freeway entrance ramp a breeze. The transmission is touchy and jerky and takes some getting used to, at first it feels like your shifting a standard. The back seat is roomy enough for my 6'6'' husband, and the space behind the 3rd row holds an impressive amount of groceries - although you will definitely need a cargo net unless you like all your belongings falling out on the driveway when you get home!

Great Car

by Fabio Canavaro from Ohio | June 9, 2010

Really nice car, very big, but does not feel like it. Plenty of room inside. Good visibility. Awesome interior!

Featured Services for this Saturn OUTLOOK