See Also: 1999 Saturn SC1

27 city / 38 hwy

Overall

Perfect First Car

by Katie from | June 19, 2014

My SC2 was my first car...and after having it, I wouldn't have wanted anything else. As a teenager, I wanted something that didn't look like Granny's old Buick. It's a nice looking car and it sounds and feels like a car. I hate these new cars that sound like little electric golf carts and you don't feel that you're moving (which is a great way to get a ticket). I never had a problem finding parts, and it was really easy to work on (especially for a 17 yr old girl). It was so much fun to drive and I could depend on it to get me to school, work, and on vacations across the state. Love the fold down seats, and for a coupe, there is SO much room for storage...more than my mom's 05 Accord sedan. I love this car so much and I really wish Saturn was still in business.

Sad to see it go.

by GM Jim from Waterloo, Iowa | March 2, 2013

I just totaled my Saturn and was very sad to see it go... I got it as a gift from my then girlfriend and now wife. I only had to fix the brakes and the muffler in 3+ years of having this vechile. I will miss the great gas mileage and the way I knew everytime I went out there it would start no matter how cold it is. Air conditioner and heater were outstanding... I would totally recommend anyone who wants to get one to get it.

Saturs SC1 three doors 1999

by George from Cranbury | December 13, 2011

Extraordinary car, the better car I ever had. Manintenance inexpensive, most of the work I do myself, easy to fix. Small engine, economic, reliable. Can't believe this car is not longer available. Great !! Saturn ... my car uis 265K miles and run like a charm.

Possibly the most reliable American car ever built

by SPS Still Lives On from Stamford, CT | July 24, 2011

I've owned my SC1 coupe for 12 years and I couldn't have asked for a better value or more reliable car in all of that time. With some slight modifications, it's one of the sharpest looking cars I've seen and the styling of Saturn's late 90's SC series may be one of the best when you add a few touches here and there like alloy wheels and low profile tires. Before GM absorbed Saturn into their parts umbrella in 2003, these cars were reliable and built to compete with Honda and Toyota - hence the outstanding quality and reliability. Look no further than the fact that they were designed with a timing chain instead of a belt. The cars are also fun to drive too. When Saturn Performance Systems in Dayton, OH was still in business, they offered great performance upgrades for these cars, and when adding them, the car turned into a little beast like mine. In 12 years, the only thing that had to be fixed or replaced were: Radiator, PCV valve, crankshaft position sensor, EGR valve, serpentine belt, pulley tensioner, and a few hoses... All minor and cheap fixes. I couldn't recommend a better value if I tried.

Best car ever

by Vince the car guy from IL | April 6, 2011

Second time I have owned a Saturn and love them. They are reliable and drive very well. Starts all the time and get great mileage, GM had it right with the Saturn, this turned out to be a great car.

just bought this exact car

by jay from ny, ny | November 15, 2010

I just purchased this car, i'm very excited and i hope things work out really well with it. =) SO far, so good.

Outstanding experience with this car.

by Tech29er from NE Wisconsin | December 3, 2009

Bought the car used 6 years ago and now have about 111,000 miles of our own on it so far. Car has never let us down and we could not be happier with it. Just a touch of the key and it fires every time never fail. The 3rd door is very cool not to mention handy. People usually give it a double take as they didn't even know it was there until we open it. Great little car!!

Worst Car

by v.v. from Allentown, PA | March 25, 2008

This car has given me nothing but trouble. I put more money into the car then what it is actually worth. It is very noisy, doesn't have nearly enough power.

Very good car for the money!

by akasnacker from Ca. | August 4, 2007

Handles good with P3000 Pirelli tires! Track control is a great option to have, you feel alot safer in the rain. The third door rules you can fit so much in the back seat with out the problem of fighting the front driver's seat I love that about this car! For the money to be saved at the gas pump & for as cheap as the price of the car is to buy it used its a Win Win go buy one today I did!

ONE OF THE GREATEST STARTER CARS

by britt from n/a | May 23, 2007

I would highlly recommend this to anyone who is just starting off and would like a reliab.e car that is GREAT on gas 40mpg on highways ( i got to 43mpg) and about 30 to 35mpg on city roads

Featured Services for this Saturn SC2