See Also: 2001 Saturn SC1

27 city / 38 hwy

Overall

SC-2

by clone52 from | December 13, 2011

Pretty good vehicle for what it was. I drove it a few years. It probably had 60-70K mi on it when purchased from a friend and 121K mi when I was done. 1.9L w/ 5spd Man. What I liked: ~ 38 mpg. Very functional 1/2 door access to the back seat from the driver's side. Loved that. Back seats folded down so I could carry a lot of stuff. Fairly sporty looking and the cockpit was not bad. Sunroof. What I didn't like: Not at all peppy (that's the trade-off for great mpg) Visibility not great, poor at night. Had to replace starter & ignition lock. Sunroof developed leak. Would not pass inspection due to something weird with the computer and temp not getting high enough. Previous vehicle was a Saab so there was really no comparison regarding performance. Now driving a BMW X3 - again, quite a change for me.

Keeps on ticking

by Judge Fudge from Vacaville, CA | August 18, 2011

I've owned my SC1 for almost 7 years. I bought it used in '04 for $4900 with 67,000 miles on it. The only major work I had was a gasket ($1400) at around 140,000. That was the only major work I have ever had done on it. It gets decent mileage and runs just fine.

love my Saturn

by Becky from Cherryville,pa | July 15, 2011

Have not had my car long,but am really enjoying it o far. It has enough power to pull out and get moving when you need to but real easy on gas. Would not want to be stck in the back seat for a long trip,but the front seating area is surprisingly roomy. Like the idea of a plastic body too. Keeps the car nicer looking longer.

1 Year and 40K miles in a 01 SC1

by Saturn Owner from Georgia | December 22, 2009

I needed an american car for work with good gas mileage and this is what I purchased. I average about 34MPG on the highway (mine is the automatic) and high 20's in town. I have driven 40K miles this year and the car has held up quite well. I purchased the car for 3500 with 72,000 miles on the clock, it now has 110,000 miles 13 months later and i've probably spent 1500 on maintenance including oil changes and tires. Good car and much more reliable than my old Ford Ranger but the lack of ABS alone would keep me from purchasing this vehicle again.

keeps on running

by Saturn Owner from Oakland, CA | January 6, 2009

I had a lot of problems with the sun roof, and the front license plate falls off if you sneeze at it, but with 235,000 miles all I've needed was a new manual transmission(~$400)with minimal regular maintenance.

Great little coupe

by Scott from Los Angelas | February 12, 2008

I bought my 2001 sc2 in 2006, with 73,000 miles on it, it runs great, very reliable, great on gas, great power features. Great value for your money. The only problem i've had with it, is occasionally it will rev higher than normal upon starting, but that's a minor problem. I've put over 20,000 miles on it since i bought it, i've made numerous long trips and i've never had a problem. Road noise is more than i care for but that's expected in a small coupe, also some of the plastic interior is starting to rattle, but other than that it's a great car.

great little car

by me from south dakota | July 26, 2007

My Saturn has 93K miles on it. I love the 5-speed, it helps to move around in traffic. The only problem I've seen is what is apparently typical of small cars - when the A/C runs, it doesn't have the power it does otherwise (which is great for 4 cyls). Mileage has been approx 30 in town and 34-36 on hwy running at 80-85 mph. The third door is an awesome touch.

Great Car

by J Car from Port Orchard, WA | July 9, 2006

Handles well has 100hp style is sleek and very sporty. Reliable and gets great gas milage. Has many features AC, Power locks, Power windows, Power steering and remote car and trunk opener is very nice to have. Great car for a first car owner and adults like it too (sporty)coupe. Very safe car to drive. Lower car insurance.

Featured Services for this Saturn SC2