2002 Saturn S-Series

2002 Saturn S-Series
Available in 5 styles:  2002 Saturn S-Series 3dr Coupe shown

Overall

Great combination of fun, practicality and economy

by camerakid92 from Philadelphia | March 1, 2014

I've owned my 2002 SC2 almost 2 years now, and it's been a great experience! Bought it with 70k miles, and just hit 90k recently. No major problems. Great on gas (I average 24-30 with around the town driving, and up to 40 on the highway), but the motor still has plenty of pep for highway driving and passing slow pokes. It's no Porsche but I have fun driving it around curvy roads, she handles really well!! It's a great looking car too, very sporty looking and also practical with the 3rd suicide door so you have the coupe look, but you can easily access the back seat if you need to. Interior comfort is adequate for front passengers. I'm 6 foot and have no problem with space. The rear seat is a bit small, but it's expected for a small coupe. I get a kick out of the number of cupholders: 6 in total, so you'll always have a place for you and your friends' beverages. Definitely a great combination of fun, practicality and good fuel economy! These cars run forever as long as you take care of them.

Love my Little Blue

by Barb from Finger Lakes NY | August 19, 2011

I bought mine over 2 years ago with only 32,000 miles on it. It gets good mileage and more than enough get up and go without worrying about getting tickets all the time. Not rusting is also a good point seeing as I am in the northeast. It has been a nice little car for me but I am thankful I do not have to carry passengers in back seat often as they are very small. I still love the looks of the car and have been satisfied. Main drawback is finding some parts that have to be Saturn parts as some cannot be just generic parts.

Ford Lover Loves her Saturn

by lv2drvmystang from Southeastern Ohio | March 4, 2011

I have a Saturn SC2, purchased for my daughter 3 years ago (With 143,000 miles on it!). I have been driving it, as she is in college and not allowed to have a car her freshman year. I absolutely love it!! It is comfortable to drive, gets incredible gas mileage, and it is really cute. I get 40 mpg on the highway! I am currently looking for another one for me, as she'll be needing hers soon. I have four Mustangs, but this little Saturn is my daily driver! (Currently 175K on the SC2 - and still runing strong.

Vehicle purchased for Grand Daughter

by GWW from Fort Lawn, SC | November 17, 2010

The vehicle works great for her and what works for her works for me.. Thanks.. The vehicle was a one owner car, maintained by vehicle owner father and had never been in an accident. Paint and tires were excellent. Had no floor mats and seller knocked off one hundred for floor mats and an oil change. Engine sounds great with little valve noise. Was driven by a non-smoker to school each day.

It's like being part of a club

by Love my Saturn! from San Diego, CA | December 15, 2009

I bought my SC2 new back in '02 while I was in college, granted it's not a flashy car, BUT in the seven years I've owned it it hasn't broken down a single time. It's a small car, I'm 5'9 and it's ok for me in the front seat but I hate sitting in the back. This car was victim to a pretty major highway traffic accident a few years back and the HP officer told me that had I not been in a Saturn (with it's plastic body), the force of impact would have broken all the windows and been much worse for me than it was. Knowing that my little blue car will always start when I need it to is a big relief for a single gal living alone on the west coast... I'm VERY sad to be seeing the Saturn brand closed down.

Waste of Money

by Britt from | March 16, 2009

This car has been so much trouble. Everything has gone out. It's made cheaply and it shows! I would not reccommend Saturn to anyone.

Great little car, I owned 2

by Loved my little red Saturn from Mentor, Ohio | February 12, 2009

My first was a 1996 white SC2.. Loved it so much that when it got totaled in an accident I purchased another. A 2002 red one. I am a fan of the stick shift (they both are) The stick made it fun to drive and felt sporty. I was very happy with the reliability of this car, started every time, never had any problems with them. The ONLY reason I traded it in was because being at the age of 50+ I found it difficult to get in and out of. I purchased a larger car, but I will miss my little Saturn!

Amazing Car

by anonymous saturn lover from orlando, fl | August 23, 2008

I bought this car a week ago and i have been totally amazed by it. The gas mileage is perfect for work since i live about twenty minutes out and my kids have a lot of sport activities so they need to be driven to school 40+ mpg i would buy this car if only for the great gas mileage but its also cute and sporty. my friend has had there 1998 sc for 10 years and has not had a problem yet highly reccomended.

Super car!

by alamo1978 from Indianapolis, IN | February 23, 2007

I've actually owned two of these cars (a 2001 and 2002). I've used one as a regular car, just going to school and work. The gas mileage is incredible. I average about 35-37mpg, even though it says 29/36. The other I have been very rough with, carrying heavy loads, filling up the backseat/trunk with machinery, liquids, etc. I've not had a single problem out of either. Mechanically, they are super little cars. The third door is a nice feature for someone who plans to haul people or things a lot.

I beat up the repo man to keep this car

by Saturn Lover from Kansas | November 10, 2006

This car is my baby. I have a sun roof on my car so in the summer, thats used more than my windows. The gas mileage is very helpful because I like to travel.

Featured Services for this Saturn S-Series