See Also: 1993 Saturn SL2 | 1993 Saturn SL1

Available in 1 styles:  SL-1 4dr Sedan shown
$936–$2,732

28 city / 37 hwy

Overall

Our Family has owned 4 Saturns.

by George from Granada Hills, CA | November 25, 2013

This last one we have is a white1993 SL1 with less than 64k miles on the original engine. We have avoided adding miles to it so our insurance is quite low. It's such a beauty that we almost feel like car collectors but with only one car.

Its a good car...but mines is dying

by Nickname from Greenville, SC | June 16, 2012

This car is a good car for a high school or college student. I had got this car my senior year in high school back in 2007. Its had 3 engines and one radiator. Its not a reliable car anymore but back when i first got it I could count on it to get me from point A, B, C, and D. I wouldn't buy another one because I'm no longer just a college student but I would recommend it to a college student just starting school or a high school student just learning how to drive.

the best!!!1

by saturn sl2 ownerjd from tulsa oklahoma | April 17, 2012

great car bought it now it has 417.779miles on it almost half a million if i could go back in time and buy it again new i would

the car that refuses to die! (it's an SL1)

by LR from eastern Massachusetts | October 20, 2011

Get yourself a time machine and go back and get one of these. At least if you can use a cheap little car that won't die. Cost $4000 in '98 with 89k miles, now at 240k. Fairly reliable, though sore spots are brakes and the right rear rocker panel, under the right rear door (rust). Engine just goes and goes, many other things have been repaired, but 13 years is quite a while. Handling is ok, though I've been spoiled for life by another car, long deceased, with rack and pinion steering. Good for carrying stuff on top, since it's low and wide. But if you've got a flaky back you may find it less comfortable than some taller cars, when getting in and out. It's probably realistic to carry 4 adults, though I certainly wouldn't call the rear seats capacious. The anti skid brakes are a nice feature which I don't think was so common back in '93. It's not bad in the snow if you put good tires on it. Power without the fancy camshaft, but with a five speed, is adequate on the highway, at least for me, though downshifting to 4th is sometimes required. Pulls a small trailer ok, though you're not supposed to. Nor are you supposed to go off road, but once I drove it to the end of Old Pine Nook Road in Deerfield, MA. (If you call up a contour map that shows it, or if you go there, you won't believe me.) Try that with your poseur SUV.

Great Car

by Emmi from Fort Wayne, IN | September 25, 2011

My boyfriend and I got this car in 2007 and it has done so well. We've taken it on 1400 mile road trips and never broke down once. Its had its share of little issues but never anything bad and its never left us stranded. it is just now staring to get some rust even though were in an area that uses salt on roads for winter.

Dependable Car

by Krup from Saginaw, mi | October 4, 2009

Not much to look at, but gets the job done well. Owned many years and only had to replace the fuel pump after 100K miles. Great MPG.

It was a good car

by LaBelle1979 from Watson, LA | May 1, 2009

My Mom and I purchased one in about October of 2000. It was a fantastic little car that didn't disappoint. I would have preferred some cushier seats, but it still was very reliable. It had the 5 speed manual, and was your typical base model. The only extras it had was the Am/Fm radio and air conditioning. It was superb on the gas mileage. My Mom traded it in for a 2002 Saturn L Series L200 sedan. Boy that little Sl model was fun to drive.

Featured Services for this Saturn SL