1994 Saturn SL
Available in 1 styles:  SL 4dr Sedan shown
$8–$4,380

28 city / 37 hwy

Overall

How Long Will This Car Last?

by JemezMan from New Mexico | May 14, 2014

Bought it used in 2000. Never had any major mechanical problems with it. Sits a little too low for my preference, but handles great in heavy winds. Gas tank needle does not work accurately anymore and the odometer broke years ago. Interior has heavy wear. Still, mechanically, it just keeps on going and no oil leaks. Have original transmission and most original parts. Drove it loaded down in a cross-country move in 2009. Stopped at a gas station on Route 66 in Oklahoma and a newspaper reporter saw the car piled with my household goods and decided there had to be a story there somewhere and published it. Will this car ever quit?

I could never express enough my love for this car

by Saturn Lover from Cupertino, California | January 8, 2014

This car has been by far the most reliable car I have ever owned. I even bought another Saturn in 2005. This car get GREAT gas mileage and runs so well even after all these years. I would recommend this car and I have to everyone I know. I plan on keeping this car forever. It has never given me any problems. I maintain this car as you should all cars. This one is my baby. I would part with my 2005 before I would consider parting with this car. What else can I say about this car. I feel it is the best car Saturn ever put out. I love the way it handles and how it looks. I wish they would have continued producing cars as good as this one. I have never regretted purchasing this car . I have owned many cars in my 30+ years of driving but this car is my most favorite ever to date.

2nd best accident GM ever had.

by Green Jerry from Spokane, WA | September 12, 2010

Aside from the EV-1, I think Saturn is the best product line GM ever had. I'm sure they sold Saturn for the same reason they scrapped the EV-1. It was too good. My '94 SL-2 was sitting in a thrift store parking lot for months before I convinced my wife to test drive it. We talked them down to $1,650 and drove it home. I was astounded to find that it got 33 mpg. It has a 4cyl. DOHC engine, a 5-speed transmission and low-profile tires. All that and the light frame make it super economical to drive. When it needed a minor repair three years later, the parts were cheap and easy to install. I've been a Toyota fan for years now, but the Saturn compares very favorably.

The Best working car

by STUDENT MOM from CA | June 18, 2010

I just loved the Saturn I used to have. I bought a 94 Saturn as second hand and I Loved it. Never broke or needed to spend money on. I had it for 5 years, nothing never went wrong. I live in Southern California and we don't have snow in our roads to evaluate the car in snowee condition, but this is a very good car in our climate. We bought a Ford that was 6 years younger than this one, and we always had problem with that one, so this saturn was the main car of the family. A very good car for a student or any one who wants a ride for cheap.

Worst car I ever owned, ever!

by Celica GT from Marcellus, MI | June 2, 2009

I bought a '94 Saturn SL2 used in 2003, had nothing but problems with it for the next 5 years. It spun out at will, dry pavement, wet pavement, snow, didn't matter. Living in MI I needed a car that would get me around well, yeah it got me around, spun around. Hope you never have to fix anything on this car, parts are outrageously high. Speedometer quit working because liquid got spilled on the computer that is conveniently placed under the cupholder(ie. that's what that little cut out is by the emergency brake!) Don't hit anything or have anyone hit you, that will cost you. Burned oil like crazy, there is so much more I could say but I don't think there is enough room or time. I will stick with my Toyota's.

My First Car in College

by First Time For Everything... from menasha,WI | December 22, 2008

i had bought this car at the start of school. i loved it so much!! it was great with gas and it had pretty good handling fo rthe snow in wisconsin. i had no problems with it untill i went into a ditch with it in michigan. the car looked fine on the outside after it got out of the ditch but it actually had about $4,000 worth of damage done to it. none of the people in the car got hurt. i wish i still had it< it was like my baby.

Good enough to impress a Volvo owner!

by Albie from Laredo, Texas | August 13, 2007

I purchased my Saturn last year as a replacement for my trusty 1987 Volvo 740 GLE when gas prices were over $3 per gallon. Adjusting to the smaller size took some time but this lovely car has just grown on me. I love the styling (a cross between the GM EV-1 and Oldsmobile Aurora) and the overall comfort. The dual cam engine is willing and easy on the gas. Aside from minor servicing, this car has been an absolute jewel! The interior is nicely appointed (with the glaring exception of badly needed cup holders), and has worn well for a car of it's age. I would not hesitate to purchase another Saturn based on the experience I've had with this gem. In fact, I would not hesitate to purchase another 1994 SL2! I surely recommend it as a used car purchase.

Mine is 13 years old !

by SL1Lady from CA | July 13, 2007

I bought my SL1 brand new in 1994. I still have it. It has been the best car I could ever hope to own! It's showing no signs of leaving this world!

Great Car

by Collin from Saint Joseph, MO | April 10, 2007

I've had this car for almost a year, and its awesome. No problems so far. Interior is a little boxy, but its great. Only thing i dont like about it is that it has no cupholders built in and that the seat belts are automatic.

Best 1st car

by Saturn lover from Saint Joseph, MO | January 1, 2007

I got this as a 1st car on my 16th birthday, and its awesome. I am the second owner. I didnt want anything other than a saturn. I got it with 95k MI. I've never had any problems with it at all, still runs great. Its been very reliable, I've only done regular maintainance for it. I like to drive in it because it looks sporty and just looks cool.

Featured Services for this Saturn SL