See Also: 1998 Saturn SL2 | 1998 Saturn SL1

28 city / 39 hwy

Overall

My First Car

by Beautyfly from Clinton TWP MI | May 14, 2013

I bought my Saturn SL2 a year ago and i can say it is VERY dependable.. it one previous owner before me with about 98,000 it well pass that now and still runs... I've had to replace radiator because i didnt put any antifreeze and it bust..A/C compressor hose because it was very old but nothing major, a little noisy when driving fast and mine smoke when its time for an oil change, and the roof interior is falling ...but i love my little car it fits me!!!!!

Nothing to brag about...but great value!

by Saturn Fan from Alberdeen, NJ | May 8, 2013

Moved to Jersey 2 years ago and didn't even knew what a Saturn looked like. Read great things online and they're dirt cheap to buy and run. Bought my 99 SL with a couple of problems, but fixed myself. Great car so far, couple of mechanical problems but nothing big considering its 180,000 miles. Interior is not pretty and it feels like you're sitting on a bath tub. Exterior looks great and paint still shiny after 14 years, amazing!. Fuel economy is outstanding and with a manual is very fun to drive.

Saturn SL1

by texasmacuser from Arlington | January 3, 2013

bought our car used in '01 with 25k on it. Just passed 282k 12 years later and have only had to replace parts for wear so far... I do the work myself because my mechanic used to laugh at the car when I would take it to him. Wouldn't trade it for anything...

I Own 3 sl2's and love them all

by I<3Saturn from Pontiac, MI | December 4, 2012

I bought my first 98 sl2 in 2005 with 25k on it and it has been the best car i have ever owned, no major repairs nessisary unless you beat on it, but it has been such a great car i have now bought 2 more sl2's to add to my colection and they are both exclent cars aswell....

saturn sl1

by 98saturn from Colorado | June 6, 2012

I purchased my saturn from a saturn dealer in 2005. It was used and had two previous owners. Ive put 70000 miles on it and its on 120000 miles now. Its a great car never had to repair it.

my 98 saturn

by economy from Chicago, IL | April 18, 2012

Hello you guys, I got this saturn about 8 years ago. I bought it from an old guy and it had 75000 on it. I've been driving it everyday to work and back. I've put 120000 on it and had never had a problem with the car. The only time i had to take it to the shop was when I got into a car accident. It's a good car with a great gas millage. I highly recommend this car if you don't want to spend too much on gas and repair.

I love my SL1

by Saturn is a beast from colorado | March 29, 2012

this car is comfortable and for the price it's great. great gas mileage, enough power to pass most people on the highway.

Does what it was meant to do!

by Fred from Hernando Fl. | March 22, 2011

Purchased 5/01 with 19k on it. Since then other then maintaining the car the only unexpected repairs were a starter, a thermostat and a valve cover gasket. Not bad for a 13 yr. old car with 108k. It still gets 30 mpg and runs on regular fuel. Of course no rust or dings due to the unique polymer panels, just wash it occasionally and it looks great. Sure there are rattles from the interior plastic and the motor is a little rough at idle but once under way I wouldn't hesitate to drive anywhere in it. We gave it to our daughter 8/08 to take to college and told her it had to last until graduation 5/12. It's been so good were planning to take it back at that time and use it for local runs. Trade in value would be a joke and we hope it never gets in an accident because it would be considered a total for anything but a minor fender bender.

Good car for the money!!

by Jtament from Dallas, Texas | September 24, 2010

I bought my Saturn brand new back in May of 1998 and I am still driving it!! It's got just over 115,000 and all I have had are the typical wear and tear things that you get on any car over time. Still get oil change and maintenence on it when it's needed, and she runs just fine. The interior is worn, but that comes from the fact that the car was so inexpensive. I am just happy to have something that is so reliable.

Best Car

by SaturnIsMyChoice from Virginia | February 8, 2010

I've owned a 1998 Saturn SL2 since 2002. I bought it used with 28,000 miles on it. It was my best decision ever. I have not had a single problem that has been my fault. This car has paid for itself over and over. I've bought a Saturn Ion (2005) as a second car and love it. I had to get rid of it, but am now looking at a Vue. Saturn is the way to go!

Featured Services for this Saturn SL