2002 Saturn S-Series

See Photos & Videos

Overall

why i kept my saturn

by nudgey from levittown, pa | March 6, 2013

with the flood of flood cars being offered now i decided that rather than by a newer saturn throw a 1000 or so into my own because i knew what was wrong with it and the problems can be fixed, however going to STS aka somerset tire their cheapo oil filter blew off and caused my headgasket to leak ( seeking legal recourse presently ) other the little car while not much to look at isa solid performer, too bad opelaka saturn isn't here anymore.

OK. saturn sl2 2002

by Jen from | February 17, 2013

This is my 1st car, im 17 and take very good care of my cars and my dad is a mechanic. We bought this car used. replaced wheel bearing. then had transmission issues had to replace the valves on the trans. i feel like this is a money pit. we have replaced these valves 3 times i think. you know when they need to be replaced because you will drive it and it will shift hard and jerk bad. replaced alternator a month ago, these burn oil for some reason. vibrates really bad. I am going away to college next year, my mom and boyfriend both are very nervous about me going away to college and driving it to college. the only good thing is the gas mileage i will never own a saturn again.

Saturn 2002 from Daystarr Motors

by Jim from Minneapolis, Minnesota | December 26, 2012

I bought a Saturn 2002 from Daystarr Motors on Excelsior Blvd out in Minnetonka. I delt with Andy the owner. I was extremely impressed with his Professionalism wanting tio make sure the Car was in Great condition, he fixed a few things I had questions about but then went a head and fixed a service engine soon light that seemed to be more cold weather related. Check Andy out, I was impressed, and he would be the first person I would see when I need another car. I waould Strongly recommend Andy to someone looking for a used car. Good Luck-Jim

great little car

by owned for 6 years from florida | October 24, 2012

After 97k miles, replaced brakes, battery, battery cables, radiator fan motor, water pump, belts and coolant reservoir now shes ready to do another 97k. you do have to maintain any vechicle they are not forever trouble free but will reward you for a little time and money. this vechicle is great on gas easy to work on and there are still plenty of parts as it was mass produced.

2002 SATURN

by Ace from Chicago | August 11, 2012

What an awesome car...looks/drives like it rolled off the assembly line this morning. Unfortunately, the vehicle price is a misprint however, for the $4900.00 actual listing price, it's an excellent choice for a 2nd vehicle or a kid starting out to drive.

rack and pinion

by fruitcakee from michigan | June 27, 2012

I ahve a2002 l series and this is the second time I have had to replace the rack and pinion. It only has 76,000 miles. I do not drive crazy either also the air has sprun a leak twice. I will not buy another one.

jUST KEEPS GOING

by THE RAT from | March 8, 2012

What can I say. I bought my manual SL new. Had the same battery and tires for six years. Have the same clutch, alternator, ac, all I changed was belts, plugs and oil. I now have 278,000 trouble free miles, I get 45 plus mpg, even got 49 one time trying my hand at hypermiling. If I had know in 2002 what I know now I would have put one in storage. We had severe weather one year, I mean Cold, and she started eacha nd everytime. Very sad they don't make them anymore, very dependible.

Our Third Saturn

by Real Saturn Fan from Lake County, CA | February 12, 2012

We bought a new 1995 Saturn and drove it until it was stolen and totaled. Car was great. You have to be really diligent about changing the oil every 3000 miles with these small car engines. Then we bought a new 2002 Saturn SL 1 with manual transmission, cruise control and power locks. It now has 193,000 miles on it and no big problems yet. Again, gotta keep up the maintenance. We bought yet another 2002 Saturn used with really low mileage. It is still going great. I wish they would bring back the Saturns. I'd buy another new one.

not so good

by average joe from Fofrt Lauderdale, FL | September 2, 2011

This car has design flaws, it is a poorly designed transmission that tends to break down often, the engine runs pretty well atleast in between break downs. Engine gets poor gas mileage. Reliablity is an issue in 18 months i've owned this its broke down 3 times for a total of $3500 in repairs.

Barely any to no mechanical problems

by CarGuy from Maine | November 24, 2010

My 2002 Saturn SL1 has had no mechanical problems since the day I bought it. The Service Engine Soon light has been on since about a month after I bought it, but a lot of cars have that problem. This car has given me no trouble.

Featured Services for this Saturn S-Series