2003 Saturn VUE

Available in 4 styles:  2003 Saturn VUE AWD shown

Overall

Problematic at best

by Pete from GLENSIDE | May 27, 2014

2003 AWD VUE 6 CYLINDER. BOUGHT THIS VEHICLE OFF THE LOT. WE HAD PROBLEMS WITH IT IN THE FIRST 3 YEARS. ELECTRICAL WIRING FROM THE FIRE WALL INTO THE ENGINE WAS CONNECTED WITH A 16 PRONG CONNECTOR THAT CORRODED AND SENT THE CAR INTO LIMP MODE. THREE TIMES WE HAD IT WORKED ON AND THEY FINALLY RIPPED THE WIRING HARNESS OUT. WE ONLY HAVE 61000 MILES ON IT AND THERE IS A SUBSTANTIAL VALVE TAP, THE FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS WERE REPLACED AND NEED TO BE REPLACE AGAIN. GRANT IT IT IS AN 11 YEAR OLD CAR, BUT THE MILES DON'T WARRANT THE PROBLEMS WE HAVE DEALT WITH. OVERALL EVALUATION WOULD BE TO NOT TO BUY THIS CAR, IF I WERE YOU.

Excellent Vehicle

by Will from Georgia | December 5, 2013

This car was purchased because I needed a nice SUV that handled well and was reliable. We love this car, and it has been a great asset to the family. Would recommend this to anyone. Buy the 6 cylinder version, it's has much better performance.

Excellent Deal

by I love cars.com from Cheyenne, wy | October 7, 2013

I recently purchased a 2003 Saturn Vue that I found on cars.com. This website is very reliable and accurate. It married my search by price, and I found what I was looking for. I traveled 70 miles. I met my vehicle in excellent condition. It was under 70,000 miles, which is excellent for the year. Prior owned had all of the records. I am very satisfied!

Car's transmission died 2 weeks after I bought

by BurnedBySaturn from Staunton, VA | August 18, 2013

I recently bought a 2003 Saturn Vue (3.0 liter AWD model) and the transmission completely crapped out in just under 2 weeks. Car ran beautifully until and then BAM suddenly the car stopped wanting to shift gears and was revving bad. Repair cost is around $4000!! I only paid $4800 for the frickin car!!! Avoid the Vue's like the plague. Research, research, research is all I can say. Apparently the vue's are notorious for transmission problems even at low mileage. Oh, and if you're wondering mine only had 97500 on it.

GREAT gas mileage for an SUV!!!

by phatcatt77 from Bismarck, ND | April 4, 2013

I bought my Saturn Vue because we know we want to "add to our family" some day... Well I pictured myself trying to haul diapers, wipes, diaper bags, portable cribs or take-along baby swings in a little 4 door car with a closed in trunk.... Aaaaaannnnnd that didn't work so well for me. So I started researching the Saturn Vue and learned that the ones with a 2.2 engine get almost 25 mpg in town and almost 30 MPG on the highway! WOW! And it really does! Why settle for a little car that is going to leave us cramped for space when this SUV has it all and more??? It is very fun to drive and I got lucky and found one in "burnt orange" color --- looks awesome! I have only owned my Saturn for about a month and it was about 128,000 miles on it, manual transmission. I have not had any problems with the transmission and it shifts very nicely. The stereo system isn't exactly one you would crank up and roll down the windows.... But I am a mom, I don't need a concert stereo system in my car. Mine is a base model, so I don't have the heated leather seats and what not, but the nice thing about having cloth seats is -- they're not cold when you get in the car anyway! My only complaint that I really have, is that it is kind of a pain in the butt to unlock it. Almost every time I put the key into the door to open it, I have to wiggle the key back and forth and it doesn't want to open. So I bought a $36 unlock remote to get installed in it. Can't wait. And even though Saturn is no longer making cars, we can still get car parts from GM. If you don't want to drive a small car and be cramped for space, but can't afford an SUV that barely gets 8 mpg, then this is a great car! I am very happy with it.

VERY GOOD CAR

by LORDMAX from MONTCLAIR, NJ | March 7, 2013

IT IS A WONDERFUL CAR TO DRIVE. THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH THE CAR. THERE ARE WHEEL LOCKS I CAN NOT GET OFF.

Not happy

by sad mother of from Oregon | February 5, 2013

A year and 2 months ago. I bought this vehicle, 6 months later. The transmission stopped working in the middle of traffic. After $5k replaced transmission car started same issues less the 8 months later. Ran the car facts on the vehicle and transmission replace just 2 years before i purchased the suv. :( not easy for single mom of 3!

Paid for itself 3X over.

by Retired weather dude from Winchester, Virginia | December 17, 2012

On Saint Patrick's day in 2003 my wife and I purchased a new Saturn Vue. It was the sport (cheap) version with a 4-banger and a manual transmission but seemed like a good value versus it's competitors so we took a chance. It is definitely a bit Spartan as far as creature comforts and accelerates at the speed of smell but I love this car! Now, nearly 10 years and 209,457 miles later, I still drive my Vue regularly--even on long trips and I never worry about being stranded because in all those years, it has never failed me! I must confess that one time after I "treated" her to premium fuel, she had a bad reaction (and my check engine light has been on ever since) but that was 9K miles ago and it still runs great and gets a very respectable 27 MPG in mixed driving conditions. I think I shall have her detailed on Saint Paddy's day--I plan to break the quarter million mile mark in late 2014 or early 2015!

Happy and Driving

by On the road again from Melbourne, FL | May 23, 2012

I bought a car today, and I have to say that the service was spectacular. They really worked with me and aided me throughout the process. The car seems in very good condition and is running great so far. I give both the car and the service an A+!

HIGH PRICED TRANSMISSION!!!

by ish from indianapolis | March 26, 2012

I purchased my Saturn Vue used. It ran fine until the month I finally paid it off and the transmission CVT belt went out... I searched months on ebay and other various shops and websites to find out that these specific transmissions run about $2000 plus. I am beyond pi**ed!! The transmission would have cost more than the car is worth. Besides the transmission trouble the interior is poorly made. Money down the drain and Saturn sadly still in the driveway.

Featured Services for this Saturn VUE