2004 Saturn VUE

Available in 4 styles:  2004 Saturn VUE AWD shown

Overall

2004 Saturn Vue 2.2L 5 speed

by True to Vue from Michigan | July 14, 2015

I bought my 2004 Saturn Vue with just over 100000 miles, and I expected to get a year or so out of it. 3 years and 70,000 more miles later, I hate to think of the day I sell it. I replaced the tires (once), replaced the serpentine belt, and did one set of brakes. Past that, oil and filter changes. This car is the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I would not own one with a variable ratio trans, but the 5 speed is great. These cars can be had for little money, and they are ultra-reliable. If you need a car and are short on cash, the Vue is an excellent choice. Good in the snow and decent on gas too.

Reliable & Simple

by Tyler from Windsor, ON | July 5, 2015

Have a 4-cylinder 2.2L vue, at 180,000km. The gas mileage isn't too bad considering the car's size and small engine, I get about 500-550 kms to a tank. The main things I love about my Vue is: 1) plenty of space, 2) simple set-up/easy to use, 3) gas mileage. The only things about this mid-size SUV is you do have to really give-er to get up to speed; and the passenger brake stuck at one point, which wasn't expensive to fix but was an inconvenience. The VUE's are known to last so if you want a reliable car go with this model, just keep up with oil changes every 5,000km. I do recommend this car.

dont buy this car

by sudsyb from New Hampshire | July 1, 2015

i bought this car 2 years ago with 138,000 miles on it. Chilli pepper red automatic FWD sunroof. The car has had nothing but issues since i got it now the car is having transmission isues and wont go over 35 on the city roads .. its like driving a bronco!

Great car

by Seth from Essex, ON | April 21, 2015

I've had this for about a year now, handed down from my father. Overall great car, gas mileage is excellent considering the size. Even the small engine pushes the vehicle pretty good...just have to be cautious with sharp turns. I've put about 30,000 kms on it so far; the brakes once stuck but nothing major just had it fixed. Overall great car 4.5/5

I'm Enjoying The Vue

by Just Me Tami from Sacramento, CA | March 19, 2015

My daughter had one first so i kind of knew i wanted a Vue. I love it! It sits up nice and high. I'm short ado i really like that. The gas mileage for the size is amazing. Now my ex hubby's girl friend has one! So basically all the women in our family have a Saturn Vue and love love love them!

Loved my Saturn Vue

by Saturn Vue Lover from Long Island, NY | March 11, 2015

Just as many of the other reviewers have stated, I LOVED MY SATURN VUE. The only reason that I no longer have it today is because the TRANSMISSION failed and it was too costly to replace. I had it from 2008 to 2012. In 2012 I had 125,000 miles and the transmission started to slip. A friend of ours who owns a transmission shop looked at it and told my husband to dump it because it was going to cost too much money to replace the tranny. With much sadness, I took his advice and replaced it. Very sad.

Warning: High Transmission Failure Rate

by Disappointed Buyer from marysville, wa | November 29, 2013

I loved this suv! I bought a V-6 AWD. Has decent fuel economy. Great passenger and cargo space. Great power passing and coming home daily up a steep hill. HOWEVER I found numerous reports of torque converter / transmission problems. Even repeated transmission replacements with a high cost for replacement. My transmission is now failing at 94,000 miles and I only had the car for 6 months. Disappointed.

It has been there for me

by emptynester from chicago | May 2, 2013

This car has done everything I needed it for. I have moved a couple times and there was enough room for me. It has given me no trouble in the 2 years I've it except now the transmission is going. I didn't know that according to a mechanic friend of mine that this transmission will be between 4 to 5 thousand dollars to fix. I costs more than I have left on my loan. I hurts me to get rid of it. The transmission is a closed one. Built in Brazil. I got this used so I wasn't told about this problem. Please research if you are looking at this car

Love the Vue

by Car guy from Columbus, Ohio | October 2, 2012

This SUV rocks! The Honda engine works great and has never given me troubles. I'm approaching 100k miles and feel like it has another 100k to go. It rides perfect and has great pick-up on it. It has a very comfortable ride.

WHAT A TOTAL BLESSING!!!!!!!!

by believes from Logan, Utah car bought in Syracuse, NY | July 28, 2012

I have a royal blue 2004 model which is a 5speed with I think a 4cyl..purchased used in Jan. of 2011 with 56,000 miles on it, as far as I know only one owner. I now have almost 100,000 miles on it and I e have only had wear and tear issues.Shortly after I bought it the engine light came on. Being a female who knows not much about cars except remembering how my parents hit 50,000 miles on their cars and spoke of how it was time to get a new one way nack in the 70s! Engine light on within a week? Doom and gloom went thru my mind.Engine light, catalytic converter, exhaust system, BIG BUCK REPAIRS. Was getting ready to move from New York to Utah and was planning on driving Saturn. Disaster diverted! Did research and found out due to faulty gas cap. Readings by mechanic verified.Drove across country, drove to Grand Canyon, have put 45,000 m. or so on it in year and a half. I LOVE THIS CAR AND WHENEVER I SEE ONE ON THE ROAD THE OTHER DRIVER AND I JUST NOD AT EACH OTHER KNOWING WE ARE ON TO ONE OF THOSE BEST KEPT SECRETS!

Featured Services for this Saturn VUE