2004 Saturn VUE

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Warning: High Transmission Failure Rate

by Disappointed Buyer from marysville, wa | November 29, 2013

I loved this suv! I bought a V-6 AWD. Has decent fuel economy. Great passenger and cargo space. Great power passing and coming home daily up a steep hill. HOWEVER I found numerous reports of torque converter / transmission problems. Even repeated transmission replacements with a high cost for replacement. My transmission is now failing at 94,000 miles and I only had the car for 6 months. Disappointed.

It has been there for me

by emptynester from chicago | May 2, 2013

This car has done everything I needed it for. I have moved a couple times and there was enough room for me. It has given me no trouble in the 2 years I've it except now the transmission is going. I didn't know that according to a mechanic friend of mine that this transmission will be between 4 to 5 thousand dollars to fix. I costs more than I have left on my loan. I hurts me to get rid of it. The transmission is a closed one. Built in Brazil. I got this used so I wasn't told about this problem. Please research if you are looking at this car

Love the Vue

by Car guy from Columbus, Ohio | October 2, 2012

This SUV rocks! The Honda engine works great and has never given me troubles. I'm approaching 100k miles and feel like it has another 100k to go. It rides perfect and has great pick-up on it. It has a very comfortable ride.

WHAT A TOTAL BLESSING!!!!!!!!

by believes from Logan, Utah car bought in Syracuse, NY | July 28, 2012

I have a royal blue 2004 model which is a 5speed with I think a 4cyl..purchased used in Jan. of 2011 with 56,000 miles on it, as far as I know only one owner. I now have almost 100,000 miles on it and I e have only had wear and tear issues.Shortly after I bought it the engine light came on. Being a female who knows not much about cars except remembering how my parents hit 50,000 miles on their cars and spoke of how it was time to get a new one way nack in the 70s! Engine light on within a week? Doom and gloom went thru my mind.Engine light, catalytic converter, exhaust system, BIG BUCK REPAIRS. Was getting ready to move from New York to Utah and was planning on driving Saturn. Disaster diverted! Did research and found out due to faulty gas cap. Readings by mechanic verified.Drove across country, drove to Grand Canyon, have put 45,000 m. or so on it in year and a half. I LOVE THIS CAR AND WHENEVER I SEE ONE ON THE ROAD THE OTHER DRIVER AND I JUST NOD AT EACH OTHER KNOWING WE ARE ON TO ONE OF THOSE BEST KEPT SECRETS!

Not the right choice

by NW Fisherman from Olympia, WA | June 8, 2012

Bought my 2004 Vue with the 6 cyl. new. Had to have the torque converter replaced at 40,000 mi. Now at 116,000 mi., my Vue is in the shop with same problem and now the transmission needs rebuilding. Over $5,000 in cost.

Still Going Strong with 243,000 mi.

by Midwest Road Warrior from Waukee, IA | March 1, 2012

Bought my 2004 AWD Vue new. Has the L66 6 cylinder from Honda. Love this car! Has 243,000 miles and is still driven everyday by son. Less than $1500 in total repair bills. Loves to run at 75 - 80 on Interstate, with 21 mpg. The seats need more support. Otherwise, no complaints!

Will Travel Bags

by JLDSquared from Omaha | September 20, 2011

I am a Mom on the go- and man do I have a lot of baggage :) This car is great if you have a one child family. Though if you throw a dog in there too, well then this car will prob. be to small. With a car seat and a Boxer, it has become quite cramped. The car runs great, it works well in winter-though I wish I would have opted for the 4 wheel drive version. I have had no problems with my Saturn besides the normal maintenance and upkeep. Great car, great price, do it!

BEST CAR EVER

by Lafooba from Ohio | June 15, 2011

My Dad's car and I love it, out of all the cars in the family this one is my favorite and the one I drive the best!

One of the best cars I've Owned

by Saturn Sold from Nashville, TN | May 21, 2011

Only one thing ever went bad was a cluth slave valve. With proper maintenance it is a great car. Good gas milage.

A Great Little Commuter

by RedOhio from Hamilton, Oh | March 4, 2011

I have the I4, 5-speed manual FWD Vue, a fairly bare bones model, and I really like it. I bought it for simplicity and reliability, and it's fitting the bill. It's versatile, reliable as a brick, and gets pretty good mileage. The Ecotec I4 will last forever. It's not the quietest or quickest car ever, but I knew that going in and if I wanted that I'd have bought a higher end model. All in all, I smile when I think of it, it's been a complete success doing what I ask of it, and it's designed, manufactured, and assembled in the USA.

Featured Services for this Saturn VUE