2005 Saturn VUE

Available in 4 styles:  2005 Saturn VUE AWD shown

Overall

great reliable vehicle

by gus from ct | February 17, 2014

I have had this car since 2005 and have not had a single problem with it. The interior is leather and the seats are comfortable. The thing is powerful and therefore not the best on gas. Shame they did away with it as it is very reliable.

05 vue

by Bonnaroovian from Bethlehem, PA | June 2, 2013

I researched for 2 mos. and narrowed my search to 2 vehicles. The Nissan Pathfinder and the Saturn Vue V6. I was in search of a strong 6 cyl. tow vehicle for under $8000. The Vue won out because rust free pathfinders in that price range are hard to find. People just dont let them go. the Vues I found were all very well priced even by dealer standards and the "low resale value" was a plus in my book. As far as perfomance the Vue 6 cyl was suprising. I am towing a light weight pop up and with 4 passengers and the camper. im confident its capable. it can get out of its own way. It has the honda V6 and drivetrain. a huge selling point for me. The interior has painted plastic around the console controls that has begun to wear of . looks a little shabby . but hey I bought this as a tow vehicle not a limo. leather seats are way comfortable and seats 5 with ease. tons more seating room than our forester. so far I like our new/used road trip bugout buggy

Uses car for Towing

A Very Good Value

by west coast from San Jose Cal | December 31, 2012

I bought my 2005 with 100,000 miles on it two years ago. I drove the car across the country and it was a decent experience. In the two years I've owned, the car, the vehicle has been in the shop once to replace the shifter cable. Overall, I am pleased with the car - it's boring looks and cheap interior are tolerable given the reliability of the Saturn engine, the interior room, and the outstanding tire/wheel combo. Positive Attributes - decent mileage for its class (28/24), very low cost of maintenance, good for tranporting stuff, good front passenger cabin space. GM 4 cyl motor is world-class. Negative Attributes - The Saturn has a cheap interior, across the board. Saturn used plastic extensively. Not only does it look cheap, but the interior paneling isn't durable. Minor components are unreliable - front sway bars, shock life, etc. Overall, I'd recommend the car to a buyer given the low cost of ownership and utility. I have excellent Cooper tires that are all-weather.

Best car I have ever owned

by Sissy from Olympia, WA | July 6, 2012

This is the best car I have ever owned. My 2005 has 99,000 miles on it and I have never had any issues. Rotate the tires and regular every 3,000 miles oil change. Because of the larger engine and being a V6 and because of the rising gas prices, I will have to look for a better mileage car. No wonder Saturn is not in business anymore. They made such a great product, no one was trading it in! I will be sad to let this one go.

So Far So Good

by Drive 4 A Living from Cincinnati, Ohio | March 29, 2012

I have owned this car for a couple of months , and so far I haven't had any major issues. There is a slight vibration in the back right but only when driving 25mph to 30mph then it stops? I need to have the 50,000 mile scheduled maintenance done and check to see if there are any recalls that need to be addressed. I purchased the Vue for the style and AWD feature , the mileage was low , and my daughter owns one and has never had any issues with hers. The motor run quiet and the overall ride is smooth. I didn't get to test the AWD this year because we didn't get much snow here in Southwest Ohio, but there's always next winter.

Great VUE

by PUD from Chicago,IL | July 25, 2011

I've owned a lot of cars and trucks but the Vue is both. As far as mantenace very little change the oil and rotate the tires that takes care of it. I'm getting right at 21 miles a gallon in city thats with a lite foot. On the highway Keep it under 65 and I've got as much as 29 mpg. With alittle work I've got a 10 foot table in with the back door closed. The V6 is very peppy and and the all wheel drive is just great in the snow.

Overall, Good car and good deal

by ithanxu from indianapolis | July 2, 2011

I drive for a living so a comfortable, quiet car with good gas mileage is a must. Overall I enjoy the Saturn Vue 2005. I definetely could use more storage space in front for pens, notes etc..Minimal storage for maps, tools etc.. that most would want to keep handy. Horrible in rain, slick roads. Good window view(s) which I always look for, due to blind spots. Gas mileage is avg. 0f 20mpg, so I'm not impressed. Overall a good car at a good price. So far no mechanical problems........

Great Value and MPG

by ADV Vue Owner from Phoenix, AZ | June 6, 2011

I was looking for a 4 cylinder station wagon and not having any luck. Then I looked at the 4 cylinder Vue. While the Vue gets a little less mileage than most of the small wagons out there, it's not that bad. I am averaging 23-28mpg. And when you factor in all the extra room, I think the Vue is a very good value. I have the standard complaints, front end rattle, lousy steering radius, no ashtray. I think the ride is good for what this is. A 4 cylinder FWD oversized wagon. I love the fact that I have the same interior space as my old 6 cylinder SUV and get a 40% fuel economy boost. I looked into replacement costs of major parts and you can have a low mileage motor and transmission for $550 each delivered.

Wonderful SUV

by Saturn lover from Chicago, IL | April 15, 2010

Bought the vehicle with around 40k on it and it has been a nothing but good to us. Strong, powerful, fuel efficient engine, comfortable ride, nice features and extremely reliable. Have had no problems with it whatsoever. Change the oil, rotate the tires and you are good to go!

I took this vehicle to a mechanic in Arlington

by SouthernBell from | November 2, 2009

Mechanic said this vehicle has been in a front end collison. The hood, windshield, and whole front end have been replaced, and the compressor is making noise (meaning it will go out soon.) The paint job has been redone to match the colors. Also, the bottom of the car has rust (from salt they use on the roads up north). Just thought I'd let anyone interested in this car know..

Featured Services for this Saturn VUE