2006 Saturn VUE

Available in 3 styles:  2006 Saturn VUE FWD shown

Overall

Early but like it

by Saturn Vue from Columbus | July 11, 2014

Great experience with Bob Boyd in Lancaster. Dennis worked with me to get a reasonable price for the car I was purchasing. I would recommend this dealership. The car is a wonderful sturdy car. Ive put over 300 miles on it in just under 24 hours. I would say I really broke this car in and have had no trouble thus far. I love saturn and will defend till the day I die

early yet but i like it

by noneedfornew from MN | July 15, 2013

Purchased 3 weeks ago. So far, so good. 112,000 mi. Appears to be good, basic transportation. 3.5L engine (Honda) has plenty of power. Transmission a bit rough (some say bad trans, some say bad torque convertor on these models) which I think is trans "searching" for 3rd or 4th gear at in-between speeds. Averaging 20 mpg combined. Did get 24.6 on a highway trip with 4 adults and loaded cargo area. Not fancy but not too plain either. Interior has a lot of plastic just like many other vehicles. Seating and leg/headroom good. Would rate overall higher if I had owned it for a year or more and no problems, but to early to tell. Waiting to see how AWD performs in MN winters.

Good cheap small SUV

by lunareclipse02 from Owensboro KY | July 5, 2013

I purchased this little 4cyl Vue used with 70k miles on it. While the Chevy Equinox used price tag was much higher I went with the Vue instead. I wanted a nice small suv to haul my gear with good gas mileage and thats what exactly I got. The vehicle gets 31mpg on highway and around 27 combined with 25 in city. I think thats pretty good. The 4 cyl is very slow and does not have much get up and go. Terrible wind noise in the doors and the poor design of the window gaskets the windows themselves tend to rattle. The exterior lacks in design compared to the pretty Equinox and the interior is average for the year model. So far I am glad I got it but still wish I had the looks of the Equinox with the fuel economy of this Vue.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

One of my best vehicles

by Diane from Laurel, DE | May 28, 2013

I've owned 14 vehicles in my lifetime. My 06 Saturn Vue is one of the best I've ever owned. My Vue (6cyl) has 102,000 miles on it and up until just recently all I've had to do is keep it serviced, with the exception of Saturn paying to replace the torque converter on the transmission when it was about 2 years old. Recently I've had to replace some lifters because I was getting a shimmy going down the highway. Mechanic found it had thrown over 600 codes. Have had to replace brake pads normally and just had to replace rotors and calipers, but what do you expect with this many miles. Replaced the timing belt at 90,000 miles too. Again, maintenance item. I love the side panels because I have NO dings in my doors! Has been good on tires too. Getting ready to purchase my second set. Definitly going Michelin this time, no more Bridgestones for me! The only other vehicle I've owned that I say would even come close to being better than this vehicle is my old 94 Toyota Camry. I've owned Chevy (never again), Buick (never again), Pontiac, Toyota, Honda, Oldsmobile and Saturn. Toyota and Saturn top the list when it comes to all of the rating categories for sure!

Worst car I have ever owned

by Not happy from Harrisburg, PA | October 8, 2012

Good looking car but that is about it. After driving off the lot felt as though I was driving over rumble strips. Dealer replaced transmission fluid. Still had some shimmy when I drive between 45 & 50 miles an hour. Was told this was normal, don't think so. Discovered the Saturn Vue has ongoing transmission problems. No wonder Saturn is no longer in business. This is a lemon.

LUV THE LOOK

by GG from NE WIS. | June 19, 2011

Great looking car, have AWD and performed great in winter ,interior layout and styling is excellent. Love the performance of the V-6, quiet running, love interior options, rear compartment space. The paint on this car is beautiful, Laser Blue. Only down fall so far is the pronounced road noise, which Saturns are known for and fuel economy could be better with this unit, but overall we love this vehicle, to bad GM discontinued the Saturn line.

Go for the V6 or don't go at all!

by Redline from Cheapeake | January 30, 2011

As a proud owner of a 2006 Saturn Redline Vue, I definitely recommend this vehicle. I chose the Vue V6 SPECIFICALLY for the Honda Drivetrain and the unique style of the Redline package, although all of the V6 Vues from 2004-2007 have the same Honda Drivetrain - stay away from the 2003 3.0 GM-built V6. With the exception of a few cheap GM interior panels, the 2006/2007 have a much more sophisticated and updated interior. This SUV HAULS! It is quick, responsive, and gets BETTER HIGHWAY MPG than the wimpy 2.2 four, hands-down no comparison - I'd honestly only give the 4 cylinder model 2-3 stars. Stick to the V6!

Love it

by The Scholar! from Northampton, MA | January 30, 2011

I purchased this car used a year ago. I was a bit reluctant at first because I new Saturn was going out of business and because the car was already nearly four years old with 48,000 miles. However, I could not be happier. Initially, I was thinking I would only keep the car for two years but now I am planning to keep it for much longer than that. I just had a remote starter put in and I could not love this car more. In addition, I recently went car shopping with a colleague who was looking at the CR-V, RAV4, and the Highlander and although I have a great deal of respect for all of those vehicles, at the end of the day, I would not trade my 2006 VUE in for any of them.

Honda Quality and Performance at a GM Price

by ossmanns from Appleton, WI | December 10, 2010

We purchased the 2006 V6 FWD Vue in Sept. of '06--it was a demonstrator that had just under 15K miles on it, so even though we were buying within the model year, we saved significant $$ going with the "slightly used" unit. Heading in, we knew that the '04 to '07 V6 Vues featured Honda-built engines and transmissions, but had no idea just exactly how powerful and reliable that powertrain would be over the life of the vehicle. Regarding power: the V6 has a 3.5-liter, 250 horsepower engine which is perfectly matched to the Honda transmission. Make no mistake: this car zips...and will continue zipping for a long, long time. No other "cute-ute" of the time period can come close to its power and performance. Currently we have 120K miles on ours and--no joke--it still drives like the day we brought it home. We've had absolutely no issues with the vehicle in the five years we've owned it and plan to push it to 200K with no expectations of problems. In sum: the '04-'07 V6 Vues are one of the best-kept secrets in the last decade's worth of domestic car production. You won't be disappointed.

06 vue

by nobody from cuyahoga falls, ohio | November 20, 2010

we've had the vue a couple months now and love it. we got the 4cy and have liked everything about it. It's not going to haul a trailer but it fits our small family needs exceptionaly

Featured Services for this Saturn VUE