2008 Saturn VUE

Available in 6 styles:  2008 Saturn VUE FWD shown

Overall

Great SUV for the price

by 1SmartShopper from Richmond, VA | May 19, 2015

I never heard of a Saturn Vue until my dad recently brought it to my attention. A co-worker of his had purchased a 2006 Vue in the past and absolutely loved it. I did my research and stumbled upon the 2008 XR model, which I fell in love with. Within a week or two, I found the perfect one. The size and style of the vehicle was everything I wanted (the only thing it didn't have was a sunroof, but that's definitely forgivable). The major downfall of the vehicle itself is that the engine is loud, which can be a bit irritating, but it's nothing terrible. I suggest you test drive it prior to purchasing to see what I mean. Several SUV's have that same issue, not just those from Saturn, but it's nothing to dismiss the car about. Other than that, I am finding more and more things that I love about the vehicle. It's a safe and reliable car; even though Saturn is no longer in business, pretty much any GMC, etc. dealership will service it for you since the parts come from various makes/models of cars. I love the fact that the rear view mirror automatically dims at night so you don't get blinded from the headlights from other cars behind you. The gas mileage is pretty decent for an SUV--nothing to rant and rave about, but it's better than my previous sedan. Overall, it's an affordable, reliable, sleek looking vehicle with little perks here and there that are pretty impressive for an older SUV.

love/hate relationship

by second saturn owner from San diego | January 25, 2015

I absolutely cannot stand my saturn vue. To be dreadfully honest tho I did not do my due diligence when purchasing it. The saturn was the first car I test drove and it was fantastic, bought it on the spot without te6st driving others. Going from my 05 ford Mustang I really wanted to upgrade to a more comfortable and bigger car. After buying my vue I was really reaping the benefits of gassing up every 3 weeks to a month. however, after I changed careers, I now worked up this really step hill. From there the quality of my saturn diminished. The very first time I drove up the hill my hybrid system failed and the car would jerk when the gears changed. Fast forward 5 months, now everyone I have to press on the gas to get a little horsepower quickly, my hybrid system always shuts off and it's as if I'm not driving a hybrd, although the 4 cyl engine is very noticeable when driving up hills. The sensor for my tire pressure is constantly on even tho all my tires are perfectly fine. There's also 2 factory recalls on it right now that I have yet to get it fixed.

Car is OK, not reccomended for families

by cardude101 from denver | June 20, 2014

Have had this car for almost 1.5 years. We bought it because of the onboard navigation and the sleek exterior design. It really is an appealing car. My biggest gripe about this car is the effin seats! These seats are not comfortable at all for anything over a half hour. The other thing is it looks like it would be a roomy car, not so much the case when you have two kids after two car eats in the back, good luck getting anyone else in there. Not bad, but not great.

Saturn VUE Forever

by GEL85 from Metairie, La | April 10, 2014

I have owned Saturns since 2002. THe 2008 that I own was purchased new and continues to perform flawlessly. New tires and new battery is all i have changed other than normal maintainence. The 1 quirk is the cruise control. It is apparent the gearing is not up to snuff because when i climb the smallest hill it must downshift. Other than that it is a awesome vehicle 26 MPG combined.

good and not good

by ken from michigan | March 17, 2014

i got my Saturn VUE 3 years ago, and this is what i have captuerd on it: bads: door rattling and noise issues, suspension mounting is a problem in winter time. steering wheel need little higher effort to steer & the vehicle need correction all the time all the time to keep it in lane some electric issues. goods: engine & wind noise is very low interior style, features for its age considered highly equiped exterior style is great, with sharp aerodynamic body, headlights have very good performance ride is good, drivability is ok what it needs: heated steering wheel, heated seats, remote start rear Air vents

Reliable Saturns

by love Saturn from Oshkosh, Wi | June 5, 2013

This is the third Saturn I have owned. I was really disappointed when they decided not to make them any more. The one vehicle that lived up to it's name, No hassle sticker and a lot of them out there and they picked that vehicle to not make any more. Very sad. I was glad we still found one so we could trade up and still have a Saturn.

Great reliable SUV for the price

by Saturn Steve from California | March 4, 2013

Bought my XE 4 cylinder brand new, has 26,000 miles on it and have not had a problem yet. It has pretty good gas mileage, decent power, handles pretty good, and is very comfortalbe on long trips and great for the family. It looks good and is very reliable. The price was great for how nice it is and how well it still runs after almost 5 years of ownership. The interior is ok, but the center console in the front is a tad small with so-so cup holders. This is the most reliable car I've owned, its too bad Saturn went under.

Fun Car to Drive!

by Jules from Antioch, IL | April 30, 2012

This car is awesome. Purchased the Red Line Edition in orange. The interior is very sharp with black leather and suede. Feels very roomy. Handles like a sports car with lots of pep and great maneuverability. Visibility is very good, no blind spots to speak of. Very fun to drive. The navigation/sound system is top notch. All around a great car, and you can find them at a lower price than most of the comparable competition.

by DeMarius from | April 6, 2012

I Am Actually Going To Purchase This Nifty Little Truck. Its Really Amazing. I Absolutely Love The Style & Comfort Of It & Had A Blast Driving It. Can't Wait To Purchase Mine.

Please Read

by pamedic570 from Poconos, Pa | March 4, 2012

We bought this car used two years ago with 30k, still under the gm 100k mile warranty. I picked it out because the crash tests were excellent and we needed an awd for the pa winters. My wife thinks it looks nice and is extremely comfortable. Personally, I would like a higher arm rest and a more sensible dc jack (you cant use one of the cup holders with most cell phone chargers and gps's). After about a year of ownership and 52k mi total, the transmission failed. I have never had that happen in a gm vehicle especially with so few of miles. Luckily, onstar was quick to help my stranded wife, towing was free with the onstar, and the tranny was covered by the factory drivetrain warranty. They wound up swapping a new tranny from the factory for the old one, said it would be cheaper for them. Without the warranty, it would have been a $2,000 job. It works great now, but what happens when the warranty runs out and the tranny is at the same fail point as the original? Overall, we love the space, the handling, the safety, and the ride comfort. I dislike the 18 mpg and the fear of another tranny failure. It just seems like the 6 speed auto thinks and shifts too much. p.s., I read in another review about a hood latch issue. Ours sometimes won't secure the hood down and I have to spray some wd40 on the cable.

Featured Services for this Saturn VUE