2013 Scion FR-S

Starting MSRP

22 city / 30 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

If you understand, this is the car.

by thehouseofkraus from Doylestown, PA | March 30, 2014

Having registered and driven 70 plus sports oriented vehicles in my life from muscle to the meek, I will say I have been waiting for a street appropriate vehicle of this driving level to return for many years. They got it 99% right. If you love the track, and want to stay safe on the street, buy it. it's bullet proof, and almost infallible. If you buy cars to drive your friends around, and say look at me and how cool I am, this is not for you. :)

lemon

by bobsmith from toronto, canada | February 6, 2014

Bitter experience with service. Great car though for the money, if you don't mind occasional smell of burned rubber (no fix for that yet) and smell of burned oil, a common relatively easy fix for that. Hints for manufacturer: give at least 250 HP and 250 pounds of torque... that will make this car awesome and of course please use the proven 2.5L boxer instead of the dinky 2.0L. Final words. Economy for everyday driving is not as advertised, but that is an underpowered sports car, hwy mileage not as great either. BUT = > Fun to drive, handling of the car overshadowed the negatives, brakes are excellent, responsive right on. Just don't expect magic on take off.

most fun car I've ever drive

by love frs (gt86) from blackwood,nj | December 27, 2013

fun to drive,affordable sportscar,nice body style,(power?)i don't really mine at all 200hp is enough for this awesome sportscar...

Love at First Sight

by Drifting Enthusiast from Murfreesboro, TN | November 21, 2013

NOTE: This is a 2014 model, the newest listed was for a 2013. Love everything about the car, looks, handling, performance.

Wow

by Spralwers from Metrowest, MA | November 21, 2013

Driven this car for 1200 miles or so. One of the first things I did was replace the tires, since the stock tires that the car came with are the same, economy, cost cutting, all-season tires that they put on corollas, camrys and civics. I live in MA, so Scion put all-seasons this time of year to prepare for the winter. The car rides smooth and yet at the same time you feel the road. The car doesn't get fatiguing but you feel engaged a the same time. It's a great balance. If you have no music on, you can hear the clutch engaging and the gearbox shifting. And they sound great. You won't experience these raw sensations in any other car. The car has such little body roll. You can hug turns at high speeds so easily. Even though it's "underpowered," there is more than enough power to swing the tail, especially if you turn off the traction control. This car is at its most fun when you take the back roads. But it's still quite a comfortable cruiser on the highway. 6th gear has plenty of passing power, even if you're going up a hill. I've been getting 32 mpg, which I calculated through the old school way of dividing miles driven on a tank by gallons filled. The computer said 34, so there is a tendency for the computer to overestimate. Because I'm a short guy, 5'5, I bring the seat pretty far forward. Surprisingly, there becomes enough space in the back to carry passengers, and it's as comfortable as other 4 door cars with cramped back seats. I do really like the interior. Feels like a race car, which is the feeling I was looking for. It looks great, fairly lightweight, usable back seats if you're short or comfortable with pulling the seat forward a bit, decent gas mileage, and a raw feeling that you won't get in any other car. I was thinking of getting some of the more luxury sports cars down the road, but they just don't have the same raw feeling as this car.

comfortable sports car

by Lil Red from Missouri | October 11, 2013

I was looking at this car for over a year before I got one. Once I was able to sit in one, I knew it was for me. The way it looked, handled, felt and drove was perfect. I got the manual transmission even though my left ankle is has some arthritis in it. So far my ankle doesn't bother me one bit and surprisingly the clutch isn't stiff. On turns this car Hugs the road and it feels like there is next to no body roll at all. Granted the car only had 200 hp stock is kind of under powered but you don't notice it since the car weighs so little (less than 2700lbs shipping weight). I've had my FR-S for just over 3 weeks now and evened I get in it, it's like falling in love with it all over again. If someone wants an affordable sports car that has very high potential, I highly recommend this car. I got one from the dealership with the Five Ad kit on it including 19" wheels and I haven't seen another like it yet.

SCION FR-S 10

by Agusdaz from Phoenix | September 29, 2013

It's everything said about it in the reviews and more needs more power going to install a turbo to boost to 400HP

Best Car I've Ever Had

by Sports Car Enthusiast from Richmond, CA | September 18, 2013

Firestorm Red looks awesome. The exterior all around sexy style look. Inside the cabin is plain simple driver focus. Not a lot of buttons. Front seats are very comfortable, hug you nice and comfty. Rear seats are very compact, kids barely fit well. Gear shifter feels smooth. The car's low so you feel the road a lot, makes you feel like you're driving on a track every time. Throttle response is pretty good. Very easy to drift. Engine sounds really good. Fun car to drive. All around it is freakin really sweet.

Scion FR-S -- IMO... most fun car out there

by Pete from Burlington, NJ | September 17, 2013

This car is really, really a lot of fun to drive. If having a fun, exciting car isn't your top priority when buying, there's probably a better, more practical choice out there for you. But if you're looking for true, sports-car excitement for a less than average price, this is your best bet. Nothing out there on the market compares. I could go on, but a simple test drive will do more to make the point than I ever could in words. Some other "pros": - great fuel mileage - more trunk space than you'd expect - looks great - Bluetooth capability - "sport mode" - doesn't understeer like the Subaru BRZ "Cons": - not much backseat room - takes some effort getting in and out - really not much backseat room (Can't comment on reliability b/c I've only had it 2 weeks)

Most fun car for the buck

by Les in Florida from Coral Springs, Florida | August 17, 2013

I have driven the FR-S now for 600 miles, and I can't help but smile every time I start the engine and put it in Drive. The ride is stiff, but boy, it goes where you point it. Even without putting it in Sports mode, the car feels like a real sports car. Acceleration is outstanding. I have an Automatic, and I love the paddle shifters. Although I am not pleased that it uses premium gas, the fuel consumption is far better than I had expected. I am getting 28 MPG. I do have a few issues with the car. The FR-S is not a four-seater. There is no leg room even for children in the back seats, and the trunk is really small. I am unable to sync my phone's directory with the blue tooth. The manual is totally useless! I know they were trying to make the car as light as possible, but when you open the trunk or hood, it looks cheap with bare metal, and I would have preferred to have the option of leather seat covers. Overall, the FR-S is a driver's car, and I am very happy with it so far.