We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2012 Scion iQ

2012 Scion iQ
Available in 1 styles:  2012 Scion iQ 2dr Hatchback shown

36 city / 37 hwy

Overall

Best Micro Car Available. It's a Toyota!

by Joseph from Oregon | August 27, 2016

My wife and I absolutely love the iQ. We are both 6 feet tall and find it a pleasure to enter and exit it. No more "dropping" into the seat or "climbing" out of it. And once inside, it is surprisingly open, spacious, and very comfortable. The iQ is an ingenious design and purposefully and built vehicle for getting around the city, as well as making shorter trips outside of the city (we know, because we do it quite often with no issues whatsoever). It is a high quality vehicle built by Toyota (quality and reliability). It is a very stable little car both in the city and on the highway. It is a joy to drive due to its' comfortable interior, high/upright seating position, great outward visibility, amazing agility and turning radius. Add to this the ability to park virtually anywhere and 40 mpg (we are averaging 42 mpg) and what more could one ask for in a micro car? Disregard the negative reviews from so-called "professional" automotive reviewers. They just don't "get it". They forget what the purpose of the iQ is all about. Rather . . . you should read all the great reviews by actual owners. This is the only way to get a true assessment of any vehicle--including the iQ. We purchased our 2015 iQ used, with approximately 6,000 miles on it. We love it so much that we purchased a Toyota Factory New Car Extended Warranty (eight years and 100,000 miles platinum warranty) because we intend on keeping it for many years.

Reliable and a gas miser

by Excellent Runaround from New Castle PA | June 3, 2016

It's a Toyota, need I say more? A quick get in and go car. Seats a total of 3 people. Basically no trunk, but it excellent for family of 2. Split rear seats, so if needed you can fold down one or both. A very comfortable ride overall . Blindspot only complaint on driver side, is hard to see. The dealership salesman Gregg promised me a spare key; I never got. Even though I argued with them. Promised me set car mats, never got them. Ashame I have only one Chip Key. Waited a week to get windshield put in. Due to fact had wait for one ordered. My stereo messed up. Display goes BLACK, sound Fades Treble then Bass. Mostly stays on treble then Display Loses Part of It instead of All , Off an On.

Happy Owner

by Minnesota Car Owner from Minnesota MN | October 30, 2015

No real negatives found after a couple months of use. For the low price and small size. You cant ask for the moon.

Great Things Come in Small Packages

by SoyBomb from Seattle, WA | August 10, 2014

I live in Seattle and parking can be an issue, but thanks to my iQ that's not a problem any more. I love great design and I think the iQ is a marvel of engineering. It has beautiful lines inside and out. It's definitely not the car for everyone, but it should be on the top of the list for anyone considering a Smart Car. This beats that vehicle, hands down. This drives like a REAL car.

Thumbelina

by Mimi from Sacramento CA area | March 15, 2014

Toyota told me I was the first person to purchase ths car in the U.S.! Quite a distinction! I had seen it was overseas some years ago and was interested in it then but didn't think it would ever make it to the U.S. It was rolled off the truck at the dealership one night and I was waiting there the next morning. All it had to do was pass 4 tests. Easy to get in and out, good visibility out the back, merge safely on the freeway and be in my price range. It passed all with flying colors. When merging I'm doing 70-75 mph before I know it and have to let off the gas. I have had 3 adults in the car but since that is rare for me I have removed the rear headrests, put the back seat down and keep it that way. I have had a spare tire made up and there is plenty of room for it in the back along with all the other stuff I need to haul around at times. It is roomy in the front seat cabin and I really do forget how small the car is until I see it parked somewhere. I like making those tight u turns and seeing other drivers astonished faces. I enjoy everything about it and if it was totaled tomorrow I have no doubt I would replace it with another iQ. The only thing difficult about that decision would be deciding on the color!

I Love my Little Car

by Nugget from Knoxville, TN | February 4, 2014

Everybody loves this car. People ask me about it everywhere i go. People of all sizes have fit in it with me; large and small. I love cruising around in it. I never put more than $23 to fill it up. Only thing i don't like is the gas gauge bars AND IT DOESN'T HAVE CRUSE CONTROL UGHHH! I drove all the way to canada(12 hours) and it would have been nice.

Unique Fun Ride

by Mark Shark from St. Louis area | August 23, 2013

This little car feels a lot bigger inside than it looks from the outside. Comfortable seating with more than enough head and shoulder room for tall people. Fairly rough ride on bumpy roads but smooth as silk on the highway. Top fuel economy from a non-hybrid and tiny size make this car a blast to drive and own.

Best car. EVER.

by Claud from Orange County, NY | July 15, 2013

I've put 2k miles on the car already and I got it at 4k miles certified pre-owned. This car is awesome. plain and simple. Either you love or hate it based on what it looks like from looking at it for the first time. but don't be so judgmental. It's WAY bigger on the inside than it looks, so don't judge it just yet when you first see it. Secondly, this car gives me 41 MPG on average when driven using the eco. I live in a very mountainous area and the car has the power to accelerate over a huge hill/mountain. I was pleasantly surprised to see how the engine actually has power to it. Now, its no mustang, but I used to own a Hyundai Accent and it accelerates better than my old car.... and it has way better fuel economy. I commute 140 miles a day. I really think this is the BEST option for a car if you want a one that comes very close to hybrid fuel economy, without the price and expensive maintenance. Note: the car fits 3 people kind of comfortably, but its really meant for two. My dog rides in the back very comfortably :]

Much better then Smart

by KennyDallas from Dallas, TX | June 7, 2013

I test drove both Smart and IQ. The Smart was very disappointing and SLOW. The IQ is no corvette however it has more power and stability then Smart. Take both for a test ride,te buy IQ if your looking for a cute SMALL car.

Love my Pacific Blue Scion iQ

by Craftsman from NE Pennsylvania | September 21, 2012

I want to address the bad reviews I have read - Not enough power (It's 1.3 L with CVT ... a Ferrari it ain't; but what it has works fine for me); No glove box (Has a tray under the passenger seat, and I bought a lockable box at the Dollar Store for between the front seats); No center arm rest (if your hands are at 10 & 2, unless you're build like an orangutan, there is no need); Doesn't seat 4 (no duh. What do you expect in a 10 ft long car? - it's a 2 seater on steriods to keep insurance costs low); No trunk room (fold down the rear seats and there's ample room - it's a 2-seater on steroids); Stopping distance is too long (Don't tailgate, fool). Seat headrest is not adjustable (you did not notice this when you bought it? Many cars have this feature, as it is stronger and safer than the adjustable headrests). Bumpy ride (it's a 78 in. wheelbase, only 18 in. longer than my 650cc Suzuki Burgman. What do you expect?) Now for MY complaints - I'm tall, need to sit back - visor is not long enough on the driver's door (I bought a plastic extender - issue fixed). Terrible blind spot on the driver's side (had to tweak my left and center mirrors, but I've got it covered ... look over your left shoulder before changing lanes). There is no cigarette lighter (power port yes, but it doesn't work with a lighter) 8-( Now for my Pro comments. Very comfortable (seating and ride - I have no issues with the acceration, but have not yet taken it out to an area where I can safely test the handling responsiveness), love the default Pioneer sound system (old guy, dropped 3.5 GB music on a $10 USB stick, and I have DAYS of tunes that I can put in my pocket, no need for Satillite radio, CD's etc.), amazing gas milage (with no hybrid battteries to replace, regular gas, unlike the Smart4Two which runs on Premium) combined highway and local getting 37 MPG. A head turning quotient of 9.5 on a 10 scale. I can park 2 of these in my garage, front to back! LOL I can do a 360 in my driveway! It is fun to drive, economical, and looks good.

Featured Services for this Scion iQ