2013 Scion iQ

Starting MSRP
$15,495

36 city / 37 hwy

Overall

Great value for daily driving

by Pegasus2 from Palmyra, Pa. | January 11, 2014

I bought my 2013 Scion IQ new, in Jan. 13. I currently have about 9000 miles on the odometer and, I thought I'd share my experience so far. Since it's just me and my wife, we were looking at a non hybrid car with very good fuel economy ratings and the IQ has certainly fit the bill. We've been averaging around 36 mpg around town. We use the car on an almost daily basis for running errands, day trips etc. While we normally leave the rear seats folded down for more cargo capacity, we have had an adult passenger in the rear and she was quite pleased with the amount of room back there. Like any short wheelbase car, the IQ is choppy on rough surfaces but otherwise I find the ride and handling pretty good. The base sound system is terrific and only at higher speeds is road noise noticeable. While most efficient on urban streets, the IQ does OK on the interstates for short jaunts of say 100 miles or so. While it takes it's time getting up to freeway speeds, the car is stable at the 65-70 mph range. Above that, I'd recommend a bigger car. The car comes with all the standard features you would want in a car and as long as you consider what the IQ was designed for I think you will be pleased with it.

Much better then Smart by far

by KennyDallas from Dallas, TX | June 1, 2013

Hi everyone. If your looking or a micro car that has some power, this is it. I can easily get onto the highway and it feels tight. Very little sway when a car passes on freeway. It is a great choice. I love my 2013 IQ. I test drove te Smart before the IQ and wanted to love Smart, I am a Mercedes boy after all. Very disappointing. No power and when a Ford Focus pasted me on freeway, I thought it would through me off the road. Very very disappointed in Smart. Take them both for a test ride to pick what you like. :)

it is a so-so car

by liam312 from richmond, vancouver | May 18, 2013

I have owned the 2012 scion IQ since last Aug, 2012. It has given me so much headache on the gas miliage. Average 7.8 at winter so if you want to save gas then don't use heater and defrost. Also, this car is having problem it's vaberting when the car is running around low speed of 30 - 40 km/h.