2006 Scion tC

22 city / 29 hwy

Overall

Not meant for snow!

by TC Owner from New Hampshire | November 3, 2014

I love this car. I really really love this car. But unless you have the money to fork out for a new set of rims and snow tires, it isn't for you. Rain, sure. Sunshine, absolutely. Snow....well I could walk faster in it. Just terrible in the snow. Overall, it is really fun to drive, and after three years of ownership, I haven't had to replace anything except tires and brakes.

Scion tC

by Mar from Philadelphia, PA | February 21, 2014

This car is not good on gas. Everything else is wonderful except that. Well, everything is expensive to fix too as if it is an expensive car. However, I had one mechanic tell me that this car has an excellent engine. It has its pros and cons. Overall, it is a reliable car and fun to drive. It has great pick up and speed.

Very Pleased

by stxlaxman24 from Allentown, PA | January 28, 2014

I drove a Honda my whole life and never thought I would find a car as reliable as one ever. The tC surprised me a lot and is one of the best cars I've driven.

100%

by Nathan from Seattle, wa | July 1, 2013

I'm 23, part time father of 2, and I absolutely love this car. It's overall ability was what sold me on the test drive. Handles and moves and begs to be pushed harder. The inside interior is sleek and comfortable, having two boys that walk make it easy to train them to be careful with daddy's car, and the roomy back seat makes it enjoyable for them as well. The stock sound isn't bad and the visibility when backing up isn't perfect, but some of the reviews I read sound like a bunch of premenstral girls. Yes, I'll agree, it's not amazing, but its no more difficult backing up in it than most other cars. All and all, the 2006 scion tc w/ a 2.4 L 4 cyl 5 SPD manual transmission is spectacular, and the fact that it has a timing chain makes me love it that much more.

Great car, will be excellent as a used vehicle

by Love4TC from Boston, MA | January 31, 2013

I really, really like my 2006 tC. Can't beat the looks, reliability and features. The car is just plain cool, good-looking, nice features, has held up amazingly well over 7 years, and the liftback is fantastic for transporting large cargo loads. I fit a 5x7' table in it one time. Over the life of the car, maintenance has been well under average for an under-$20K car when it was new. Gas mileage is so-so but acceptable, probably because the driving experience is excellent for a small 4-cylinder car. Getting off a stop is quick and it's really zippy and fun to drive. The look of it is still up to date too, so check one out if you want a nice used car that's reliable and versatile.

Perfect Young Person Car

by College Girl from Greenville, SC | October 20, 2011

I loved my scion tC. I actually totaled my first one and had to have another one. I never had a problem with either of them. They were excellent on gas, but still had pep to them. I drove them while I was in college. (an hour and a half to and from every weekend) They have a lot of features that don't come on most base cars which is really nice. They handle very well, they are technically a subcompact car but they drive more on the sporty side. To me the scion was the best of both worlds efficient on gas, reliable, good price but sporty, stylish, and had nice features. (reclining backside, flip down back seat, moonroof, sunroof, pop up windguard on sunroof, signals on mirrors, the list goes on) Because it's a hatchback and has the flip down backseats, the back can turn into alittle truck like bed. I moved myself to and from college multiple years. I still miss my scion.

Above Decent

by bahrain2chicago from Chicago, IL | July 6, 2011

Scion tc 2006. I bought this car back when I was 17 years old. It is a really nice car overall. But after a year of driving it, I thought back and was like, should gone with a used volvo t5. I test drove a 2005 volvo t5, and I fell in love with it. Problem was that it was 1K more than the scion. Overall I like the scion but the volvo t5 is better.

Best car I've owned

by Scion owner from Chicago | April 11, 2011

For a four cylinder the power is great and the handling is unbelievable. It's lights, fast and still good on fuel. I have the stick shift and it gives an even better kick to it and a very easy clutch to drive. The basic options include power everything and the high profile alloy wheels and double moon roof standard are a nice touch. I bought mine new in 2006 and have never had any mechanical problems with it.

Great Car

by Jess13ku from Overland Park | March 31, 2011

The vehical advertised above actually was my car. I traded it in last week but I have to say I will miss this car. Great car, no maintenance issues, and it actually have tons of space in the back seat for passangers and hauling if you fold the seats down. It's a fun little car and I have no complaints about driving it. It's not as convenient for hauling as an SUV is but that is not its purpose. Will make someone very happy for a long time!

I test drove this

by ryder4lyfe313 from Rockland County NY | September 13, 2010

I test drove this vehicle today and i have to say i give more respect to the TC's. They are alot quicker than i thought and has alot of pull to it. The dislikes that i have for this vehicle is the space overall. It feels like your in a small 2 seat car when driving this vehicle and trying to back this car up is difficult due to limited sight in the back side windows. Overall i enjoyed test driving this vehicle and i would purchase it because i am a young adult, but for anyone who is looking to start a family or needs space in the trunk i sugest something else.

Featured Services for this Scion tC