2007 Scion tC

23 city / 30 hwy

Overall

Great commuter car!

by Gregory from Everett, Wa | June 7, 2014

I bought this car new, and it is quite reliable. The only problem with it was the hatch back latch on the outside of the car breaking due a defective design. When it broke, I went to the Toyota dealership and they fixed it. I have also had to buy new tires once. The car is at 77k miles now, but other than oil changes every 3-5k miles, I have done nothing else. The paint job is probably average, it does develop chips in it over time. It is not the fastest car- nor is it the most comfortable car, but as a non luxury commuter car, it is a wise buy in my opinion. It has proven to be quite reliable and I am confident that I can get at least another 5 or 6 years of reliable driving out of it.

From a Celica to a Scion Tc

by Hoongoon13 from Smyrna | October 6, 2013

I love my Scion! It is a fantastic car. The only reason why I did not give it five stars in all categories, is because my Celica did handle better and I liked the looks of it more. Unfortunately, I had to sell my 2002 Celica bc I was no longer able to operate at manual transmission. That being said, the Tc is a great replacement overall! I am fully satisfied and happy that I have her now!

Great little car

by Toyota lover from NW PA | August 1, 2013

Got car Oct. of 2006. To date 98K. First off, I lived in Erie PA for 3 of the years Ive had the car and it did great in the snow. Never had a handling or any other issue in snow. Had a issue with car the first year I had car with the master break cylinder going bad. It was replaced under warranty. I drive 45 mins HW to work and get 29MPG. Road nosie is a bit loud. The comfort in seats is not the greatest, but this is not a $30K car. I still get people looking at the car. Car is showing its age alittle but I still think I should be able to get another 4-5 years out of it. Rust is going to be the downfall of the car. Driving in NW PA and E Ohio there is alot of salt.

Good Car if you don't expect BMW Quality

by tcGuy from New Haven, CT | July 25, 2013

I bought the 07 tc in Summer 2006 brand new, the only thing i remember having to replace is the water pump at 60k mi, and recently, the ac drain was clogged and that is honestly it! The car is amazing for the $19,200 I paid for it 7 years ago. I have 95k on it now and it still rides like new. My advice is keep it clean, give it it's regular maintenance, and take care of it. As far as performance, it's "quick" like a mouse (I have the Manual Transmission), but it does not keep up with an FRS uphill either. If I wanna go fast it's fun to do so but don't expect BMW feel from it. Overall, a great car!

Fun to drive

by year round sporty car from Olathe, KS | May 4, 2013

This is the first sporty car I have ever owned. I was looking for something that I could drive year round and that had front wheel drive. This car manuevers easily and is very fun to manuvere in and out of traffic, but still practical enough that it can be driven year round and and is very comfortable. The backseat is usable and not too hard to get in and out of. It is a sporty coupe that is fun drive!

LOVE MY TC!!!

by Emit from | February 28, 2013

I have a 2007 tc special edition with the kenstyle body kit. My mom bought this car brand new in 07 and gave it to me in 2012. The car for being a sport coupe also has alot of room, i'm 6'2 and I have plenty of leg room and head in this car. We've had this car for about seven years and the only thing that we have had to replace is the water pump last year. It has 72,000 miles on it and the clutch has yet to be replaced. The sound system and just the look of the car is awesome. I would recommend this car to any college student or anyone look for a cheap fun reliable car that looks good too. You defiantly get your moneys worth and then some with the tc!! And its amazing on gas!!!

Excellent commuter car

by Alex from Santa Paula, CA | December 12, 2012

I bought my scion last year with 53k miles, 14 months later I'm at 103k miles and all I have to say its wow. I've replaced the tires twice, brake pads once, oil changes every 3k miles and the engine its still running like when I bought it. Not one single mechanical issue with the car, I droved it from L.A. to San Francisco, from L.A. to AZ and pretty much all over the place, (50k miles in one year) and I love it. I get a combined 26/27 mpg and around 330 miles per tank. Cabin its a little bit loud but it never bothered me. I love the fact that they have hundreds of upgrades to modify the car to your own style. Overall, this is the most reliable car I've ever owned, sadly I will be trading it in next week for a Mercedes c350, but it really its an amazing car, after all its has a toyota engine in it.

Great car - a little exp for upkeep though

by RaeSo from Cleveland, OH | May 7, 2012

This was a fantastic car but a little too expensive for repairs. Tires alone cost $800 each time I had to replace them which was 3 times in the 5 years I had the car. There is a silly compartment in the center consul too that most people use for change - DON'T - the change falls back behind the little door and it is forever stuck unless you want to pay the dealer $60+ to take apart the dash and retrieve the $2 worth of change you lose when the door will not open again.

Great Ride!

by Dunit from Yorba Linda, California | September 4, 2011

I picked up my brand new 07 Tc in July of 2006, and i have over 110k miles after just five years... the car is still running great, i have had no problems at all, NOT ONE, and i drive the car hard. I have two friends with the same car, and they have not had any problems either. it's a wonderful peace of recruitment. seating in the front is very comfortable, but in the back seat, not so much.

Great CAR

by Casey80 from Georgia | March 25, 2011

I bought an 07 TC brand new. Now it has 57k miles. I love this car. No problems, rides great and fun to drive. This car is very reliable and is very sporty.