2008 Scion tC

2008 Scion tC

Available in 1 styles:  2008 Scion tC 2dr Coupe shown

20 city / 27 hwy

Overall

Scion: make less, seem like more

by Highway Driver from Salt Lake City, UT | September 6, 2014

I am an everyday commuter (about 52 miles a day) so I spend a great deal of time in my car. PROS: looks great, incredibly reliable, and easy to change oil. CONS: The car handles along the lines of a boat with wheels, you cannot take any turn without the car tilting significantly along with it. The brakes are terrible, I have to nearly slam mine tight at every red light I come to. The seats are INCREDIBLY uncomfortable after 5-10 minutes, and there is NO HEADROOM. My biggest concern with the car was the fact that this is an 08 model with a 4 SPEED TRANSMISSION. This limits its already tiny engine to do nothing spectacular. You do not get a quick car, and you DO NOT GET GOOD GAS MILEAGE FOR AN ENGINE/CAR THIS SIZE. The interior feels flimsy, with a lot of my plastic parts coming undone in several places. The cabin is incredibly noisy at highway speeds (I have found myself nearly shouting just to talk to the passenger on road trips). And lastly, the suspension is a constant reminder that you are driving something far from smooth and quite. BOTTOM LINE: While I like the idea that the car comes standard with 'cool' additional features, I feel like scion used that as an excuse to remove standard features that are crucial for any car to have.

Great First Car

by First Car TC from | May 27, 2014

Well, hello there! Looking for a first car? On a budget? Want great features, some nice style, and bang for your buck? Are your parents giving you trouble over power and safety? Well, if you answered yes to any of these questions, the TC is for you. I've owned the TC for about 5 years now. The 2005-2009 TC is an excellent choice for a first car. In fact, I would downright say its one of the best choices available. Scion really nailed it on this one. They packed features usually reserved for more upscale cars, like a sunroof, and put it in a very attractive entry level car with decent acceleration. Driving the TC isnt "exciting" but its certainly FUN and handles very well.Though the TC lacks in muscle, it does have good acceleration in the lower RPM's. The TC also has a 5 star safety rating. There are a few cons, but nothing to really put a dent in the purchase; - Poor gas mileage. You would think for a 4 cylinder it would save more on gas, but its pretty bad for the lack of power. - The TC's engine is rather weak, especially when you realize its actually coming from your Grandmother's Camry. But, these downsides really dont detract from the TC. Sure, there are probably some newer cars made that have better gas mileage for the same power, but its still a solid choice for a first car. I really dont see any need to trade in my TC anytime soon. I've only had 2 issues out of my 5 years of ownership (one of them was the defective rear door handle). Its a go. :)

more then just your average hatchback

by College student from NJ from Edison, NJ | November 10, 2013

it looks like a coupe, but its actually a hatchback with so much room that it acts like a sedan. I love this car, I've actually convinced 2 friends to purchase one because after they rode in mine they fell in love haha, i like that the back seats can lean back, so on long trips your passengers have more room to lay back and get comfortable. people always say my car has more room in the back seats then they thought it mite have had, the seats fold flat down too so if u need more trunk space to haul things around, no problem! MPG is ok, thats the only thing i can really complain about, not as good as a civic, but its not so bad for how the car performs. mines an automatic, can't complain it does the job. I didnt like how the stock suspension handled, so i had tein s tech coils installed. it takes turns so much better, and isn't that low that i can't make it in my drive way or over a speed bump. I also put in a Injen intake i read it helps a bit with mpg, and sounds so much better under heavy acceleration. i have 112,000 miles on mine, so far no problems, water pump seems to be a problem on alot of tc's, my power steering makes a weird noise when i turn it all the way, but thats about it. Make sure you check you oil on these cars, they tend to burn quickly. oh yeah these cars don't have traction control either but thats not a big deal i guess , Overall i love this car, if your looking to just get around in something functional then your looking at the right car :)

LOOOVE!

by GIGI from Dallas TX | September 8, 2012

I purchased my TC 4 years ago, brand new.. paid 20k with some extras, which is a great value! Im a single irresponsible 26 year old and whom couldnt picked a better car! My TC now has almost 50k miles and my only expenses have been a set of tires, break pads and oil changes.. such low maintenance and good gas mileage.. It has all the technology I need (ipod dock most importantly without all the weird cables) great speakers and lots of little compartments! I can fit all my ikea stuff in the back and my dogs crate! This is the perfect girls car, but dont get me wrong it can also speed! Now my only little complaint is that the moontoof tends to make a little bit of noise but I cannot really even hear it with my loud music ;)

good car for the money

by mike5514 from 06610 | September 1, 2012

Reliable, good looks, no problems with it. Bought a few months ago with 39000 miles.....................

The Car for me

by lerchka from Pittsburgh, PA | May 2, 2012

This is the second scion tC which I have purchased, being that the first time I sat in this vehicle I felt as if it was tailored to me. The scion has a the feel of a sports car but the reliability and comfort of a sedan. It has great gas mileage as well as can satisfy the need for speed. It is very safe in all weather conditions if driven appropriately. One of my favorite features is the trunk which can become HUGE if the back seats are put down. Also, although it is a two door, there is good leg room in the back and it is mostly comfortable.

Best car I have owned

by tuner from | April 30, 2012

I love how the Scion handles and the great gas mileage it gets. The hatchback is something that I have been searching for, and that is a plus with this car. I Love this Car. It is the best car that I have owned.

Never another Scion

by Never another Scion from Tampa, FL | November 21, 2011

I bought this car the day after Thanksgiving in 2008. I put 74000 miles on it within 2 years so I spent a fair deal of time in it. The major gripes I had with it were the brakes and the seating. Time after time the brakes would act up while applying them over any sort of bumps. So much so the ABS had to kick in. That was not acceptable. Additionally, the seating is terrible! There is no lumbar support. The first 10-15 minutes of the drive is ok, but after that you feel every bump. Although it was a reliable car, I would not recommend this to anyone. It is over-priced for what you get and the actual materials used are less than desirable.

I LOVE MY SCION TC

by yupp in my TC from white marsh, MD | July 13, 2011

The scion tc is my first car, and i have had mine for a month now! I dont regret my decision at all. It has a lot of space for it to be a coupe. I also love the panoramic roof. My step dad loves all the safety features!! This is a great car! the only issue i have ever had was with blindspots. Other than that i think this car is perfect!!

performs as great as it looks!

by YOOO from new york, NY | May 3, 2011

great car, great on gas and highly capable of many mods. definitely saved me a lot of money on gas since i commute long distances for school. LOVE IT.

Featured Services for this Scion tC