2008 Scion tC

Est. MPG

20 city / 27 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

more then just your average hatchback

by College student from NJ from Edison, NJ | November 10, 2013

it looks like a coupe, but its actually a hatchback with so much room that it acts like a sedan. I love this car, I've actually convinced 2 friends to purchase one because after they rode in mine they fell in love haha, i like that the back seats can lean back, so on long trips your passengers have more room to lay back and get comfortable. people always say my car has more room in the back seats then they thought it mite have had, the seats fold flat down too so if u need more trunk space to haul things around, no problem! MPG is ok, thats the only thing i can really complain about, not as good as a civic, but its not so bad for how the car performs. mines an automatic, can't complain it does the job. I didnt like how the stock suspension handled, so i had tein s tech coils installed. it takes turns so much better, and isn't that low that i can't make it in my drive way or over a speed bump. I also put in a Injen intake i read it helps a bit with mpg, and sounds so much better under heavy acceleration. i have 112,000 miles on mine, so far no problems, water pump seems to be a problem on alot of tc's, my power steering makes a weird noise when i turn it all the way, but thats about it. Make sure you check you oil on these cars, they tend to burn quickly. oh yeah these cars don't have traction control either but thats not a big deal i guess , Overall i love this car, if your looking to just get around in something functional then your looking at the right car :)

LOOOVE!

by GIGI from Dallas TX | September 8, 2012

I purchased my TC 4 years ago, brand new.. paid 20k with some extras, which is a great value! Im a single irresponsible 26 year old and whom couldnt picked a better car! My TC now has almost 50k miles and my only expenses have been a set of tires, break pads and oil changes.. such low maintenance and good gas mileage.. It has all the technology I need (ipod dock most importantly without all the weird cables) great speakers and lots of little compartments! I can fit all my ikea stuff in the back and my dogs crate! This is the perfect girls car, but dont get me wrong it can also speed! Now my only little complaint is that the moontoof tends to make a little bit of noise but I cannot really even hear it with my loud music ;)

good car for the money

by mike5514 from 06610 | September 1, 2012

Reliable, good looks, no problems with it. Bought a few months ago with 39000 miles.....................

The Car for me

by lerchka from Pittsburgh, PA | May 2, 2012

This is the second scion tC which I have purchased, being that the first time I sat in this vehicle I felt as if it was tailored to me. The scion has a the feel of a sports car but the reliability and comfort of a sedan. It has great gas mileage as well as can satisfy the need for speed. It is very safe in all weather conditions if driven appropriately. One of my favorite features is the trunk which can become HUGE if the back seats are put down. Also, although it is a two door, there is good leg room in the back and it is mostly comfortable.

Best car I have owned

by tuner from | April 30, 2012

I love how the Scion handles and the great gas mileage it gets. The hatchback is something that I have been searching for, and that is a plus with this car. I Love this Car. It is the best car that I have owned.

Never another Scion

by Never another Scion from Tampa, FL | November 21, 2011

I bought this car the day after Thanksgiving in 2008. I put 74000 miles on it within 2 years so I spent a fair deal of time in it. The major gripes I had with it were the brakes and the seating. Time after time the brakes would act up while applying them over any sort of bumps. So much so the ABS had to kick in. That was not acceptable. Additionally, the seating is terrible! There is no lumbar support. The first 10-15 minutes of the drive is ok, but after that you feel every bump. Although it was a reliable car, I would not recommend this to anyone. It is over-priced for what you get and the actual materials used are less than desirable.

I LOVE MY SCION TC

by yupp in my TC from white marsh, MD | July 13, 2011

The scion tc is my first car, and i have had mine for a month now! I dont regret my decision at all. It has a lot of space for it to be a coupe. I also love the panoramic roof. My step dad loves all the safety features!! This is a great car! the only issue i have ever had was with blindspots. Other than that i think this car is perfect!!

performs as great as it looks!

by YOOO from new york, NY | May 3, 2011

great car, great on gas and highly capable of many mods. definitely saved me a lot of money on gas since i commute long distances for school. LOVE IT.

Possibly the best?....yes!

by White Lightning TC lover from Los Angeles | March 25, 2011

I was 23 and after going from a 89 hatchback toyota tercel, to a 1994 Isuzu Rodeo, to another 1996 Isuzu rodeo.......and from car overheating, paycheck for gas, maintenance costs up the whazoo...I decided I've saved up enough money to pamper myself with a NEW car. I did tons of research and and decided the TC was for me. At first it felt too low, but after i took her home she was mine and i loved her and bathed her and put a little air freshener for her to feel welcomed. It ran great, couldn't feel the speed, did great on road trips (from LA to SF), the sunroof was great, iPod hook up was good but the already installed subwoofer?!...yay!, my dog LOVED it, hatchback was super roomy, my friends weren't cramped in the back, the mileage was awesome.....*sigh*..... Then......I got pregnant at 25 and traded my beauty for a Jeep Liberty..booo! I regret every minute of it and wish to have my white lightning back!!.....but i might just settle for the xB '08.

Love. It.

by Whaddup from New York, NY | February 8, 2011

I got my tc back in 2008 (new) and I still love it. It handles well and gets me where I need to go when I need to go. I also had touch screen navi put in mine so it's a sweet, sweet ride. My only nit pick is that I'm 6'0" tall so I fit perfectly in the driver seat (which you can adjust low) and that's it- everywhere else (especially the back seat) is pretty tight. Other than that, it's a keeper.