2012 Scion tC

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Overall Excellent Car

by Tc Lover from Las Vegas, Nevada | August 5, 2013

Best car! I could not have asked for a better car. Has a great style, good price, great performance. The interior is perfect it has plenty of room and the sun roof AND moon roof make the car feel very opened. I don't think there is anything I don't like about this car. It rides really well and has a lot of power. I would highly recommend this car to anyone. I love my scion tc.

Very nice

by Mr Person from Fort Lauderdale, Florida | July 27, 2013

I've Has this tC for a year now and have 15K miles under the hood already. This car is one of the most beautiful and aggressive cars out there. With that said, it only has 186 hp, this is not a complaint because I bought it knowing it would be a commuter car for me. The mileage was advertised as 36 highway and 30 city which is not very accurate. I drive exclusively on the highway and I restrain from having the A/C on and get about 33 mpg, this is not a big difference but it is not what they advertised. I do get around 30 in city. The interior is also very nicely designed, but the materials are very thin and are not strong giving it a cheap fee. The Cloth armrest on the door has little to no padding and is uncomfortable towards the end of the week of driving. I don't know why Toyota didn't spend a couple more dollars on more padding and a little bit thicker material because I feel it would be a good investment. The seats are very nice and there is a lot of room for being a coupe. there is road noise that people have complained about to me but I do not notice it because I always have the amazing sound system turned up. This care is a great car for anyone who wants to make it their own, there are many things to do to modify it and give it flare. The tC is probably one of the best cars for the price and you should always test drive it before you drive it.

Least Reliable

by 2012tC from Corpus Christi | June 2, 2013

I had 3 miles on my 2012 Scion tC when I bought it. I was driving a 2010 V8 mustang before purchasing the tC. I was told by someone at a dealership that was "Scion Certified" that the car was amazing on gas which I really needed a vehicle that didn't eat gas like the Cookie Monster eats cookies. And no one had issues with their vehicles. Since driving off the lot that day I have regretted every moment of purchasing my tC. My vehicle has never been into an accident. But the bumper clips keep popping out and causing my bumper to come loose. The tC uses more gas than the V8 mustang I had. The seats are terribly uncomfortable. My back always hurts when I get out after driving. My paddle shifter has never worked. And under my dash board vibrates and makes a loud noise. My 36,000 mile warranty is almost up and the dealership I purchased my vehicle from seems to want to stall fixing my vehicles issues under warranty. -Not everyone has problems with their Scions but I just want them to know how many bad experiences I've had with mine. -If you purchase a scion tC be sure to check for an AC cabin filter bc mine was missing when I purchased my vehicle and some other people I know who own Scions had theirs missing too.

very reliable

by 2006 tc from honolulu, HI | December 25, 2012

brought it 2nd hand salvage title, but it is still very reliable. didn't really give me any major problems, just the rear trunk has a hydralic leak so it always closes it self. very good MPG average 22.xx to 24.xx miles per gallon.

Highly Recommend!

by Flip321 from NJ | June 26, 2012

The 2012 tC is a truly great car. I have always been into Scion tC's, and I am a fan of the new redesign, when compared to the first generation. Personally, I like that the car is bolder, but not too overdone. I liked the original design, and making it a bit bolder and boxier made it just perfect for me. I got the car in black, and I also added the five axis body kit. I love that at such a low price, the car comes standard with a sunroof. I also love the sound system. I'm into car audio as well, and I will probably leave it as is for a while. Down the line, I may add a sub or amp. I bought the car with the Navigation System, and I love it to be completely honest. I also wired a backup camera to it, and it works wonderfully. On the inside, I love how much room there is, both in the front and back seats, which is surprising for a two-door car. I also like the generous trunk space. I do have a few gripes with the interior. I wish the interior quality was a bit better. Soft touch plastics would have even been better than the cheap hard "rice paper" surface and plastic throughout the interior. I also find the dashboard and center console area with the AC and radio controls a bit clunky-looking. I prefer the style of the first-gen tC in that sense. I did purchase a dash kit and added a silver trim over the center console area, dash, and door handles. I was going to do a red carbon fiber, but thought it was too over the top for my tastes. The seats, however, are very comfortable and nicely bolstered. I had the dealership install leather seats (preference) and they were able to make them heated as well. I had concerns of the heated seats interfering with the seat airbags, but was re-assured that there would be no problems. I wish the tC offered these features as options, in addition to dual-zone AC, and a more high-tech looking console, especially when compared to similarly priced cars such as the Hyundai Elantra Coupe, but its a sacrifice I make for a more reliable car, and for better performance. My car came with the TRD Exhaust and Cold Air Intake, so I got a bit more of a power boost. It is nothing too spectacular, but it is more than perfect for my needs. I would have liked better fuel economy more of the range of 26/34, but it is still pretty decent. The car rides pretty nicely also. It is no Lexus, but the ride is pretty smooth, and the cabin is fairly quiet. You can hear more noise and feel more bumps at higher speeds, but I have no problem going on long car rides with it. I was torn between this car, the Hyundai Elantra, thought about the Hyundai Veloster, but did not like the styling, the Civic Coupe, and Altima Coupe. I ended up narrowing it down to the tC and Altima. My main question was if I wanted something more sophisticated at a much higher price point, or something more spirited and youth-oriented (I am 18 years old). I work hard to earn my money, so I decided to go with the tC, use some money to spruce it up, and have money left over, and I do not regret it one bit. Other cool things I did to it, I had the rims painted black to match the black exterior, and I added a red lip around the rims, inspired by the 2209 tC RS 5.0 which I liked a lot. I was going to buy the RS 7.0 for the smart key and push button start, but wasn't a fan of the yellow color, and didn't want to pay to have it re-painted, which I feel would kill its re-sale value. Three years from now if someone was looking for a RS 7.0, I'm sure they'd rather have a more original version. Like I said, I highly recommend this car. I drove my parents' 2003 Honda Civic and 2004 Ford Focus before this car, and drove my brother's 2010 Lexus IS250 AWD quite a bit, and I can say I like this car a lot. I compare it a lot to the Lexus. No, it is not as smooth of a ride or as feature rich, but for the price, you cannot go wrong!

Easy to Buy, Easy to Enjoy

by MikeM from Denver, CO | April 8, 2012

This is a very accomplished car for the price. It is very easy to buy and finance a Scion with thier "same price everywhere" policy. I didn't have to shop from one dealer to another to get the same deal; I just had to find the model with the color and features I wanted. There are a ton of features available on all TC's, so it's just fine tuning the small things (like fog lights or spoiler) or selecting the transmission. It is nimble and has good power, and I love the bluetooth and standard moonroof. Its sporting looking but a little more refined then cheaper sports models. The one thing I'd like is a little more noise reduction, as it can be a little loud at highway speed, especially with the moonroof or windows open. Overall I am very pleased with my TC.

Love This Car

by ZPG from Northern Utah | February 19, 2012

I love this car. I bought it brand new with 29 miles and an automatic transmission. It's got aggressive styling, an engine that will get the job done pretty fast, nice handling, and a boat load of features for a car in its class. It rides smooth for a two-door coupe. A lot of others have said that the interior is cheap. Of course it's not leather with wood panel inlays but what is in the interior feels well built and very solid. No loose spots anywhere in the interior. The stock sound system is great. It has three speakers in both doors and it sounds great. I love this car and I think it's a great buy for the money. Sure, you can find a more fancy interior and a faster engine in other cars, but those other cars are also high end luxury models.

Hobopoet

by Hobopoet from Central Michigan | December 3, 2011

I have the manual transmission; for the most part, it shifts smoothly. The accelerator is a bit touchy, though and steering at highway speeds is a little twitchy. In some situations, road noise is evident but this is not a major problem. Overall, this car is as advertised: absolutely great value for the money!

Scion 2011

by Bobby from Naples, FL | August 15, 2011

This is one of Toyotas best!! It responds like a BMW, has a great turning radius and is incredibly safe with a 5 star safety rating