2004 Scion xA

31 city / 37 hwy

Overall

GREAT First Car!

by ATL Scion Fan from Atlanta area, GA | January 3, 2010

This is my first car, and I have to say that it has set my expectations pretty high for future cars. I bought it used last October with only 44,000 miles on it, and I haven't had any problems with it. Aside from the expected wear-n-tear, the car still looks great on the outside AND inside, and the owner before me had put a body kit and a 6-disc CD player in it, so I definitely got my money's worth. The little thing is a gas sipper, even though I almost exclusively drive in the city - I get gas every 9 or 10 days. My only complaint is the size of the trunk, but I'll learn to deal with it. I love it to pieces, I intend to keep it until it falls to pieces, and when I do have to get rid of it I would love another Scion!

Awesome Value

by From v8 to 4 cyl. from washington D.C. | October 29, 2009

During this tough economy I had to make some sacrifices. Giving up my 04 Audi A8 with all of the bells and whisles to a Scion Xa is one of them. But to see insurance rates, gas, taxes, and maintenance fees drop Tremendously is a dream come true. I'm a v8 lover myself having owned cadillacs and audi's, but this little car trumps them all. I work in D.C. and this car just so easy to park in tight spaces. Car is 4 cylinder which i'm not a fan of, but it does it's duty to get me to and from work. Everyone thinks I downgraded my vehicle, but there's no denying the benefits to owning a little car like this. My only regret is that i didn't see this car sooner.

x a wonderful car

by Kate from Eagle, ID | August 30, 2009

Parking is a dream....slide right in. Even those little triangles on the end of the parking row...great at christmas at the mall. You will zip around without a care and once in awhile you will have to put gas in it.l

04 XA Was Best Bang For The Buck

by Always With Car Fever from Spartanburg, S.C. | June 18, 2008

I purchased it new 2004 for my daughter. I travel in Asia and knew it was based on the Echo which is popular there. We looked at all comparable price points and the Scion was the last one we tested and it won hands down. We ordered it with side impact air bags that were nearly impossible to find at this price point at the time. Standard equipment was plentiful and it is a lot of fun to drive with the most true steering that I have ever experienced. It is now 4 years old with abot 35,000 miles with no repairs to date (still original tires and battery) and it gets 35+ mile per gallon. I have purchased 14 new cars over the years and find the little xa to to be the best value of the bunch...and my daughter still loves it. I regret that I could not get my son to go with the xb a few years later.

I LOVE this car!

by Caffine Addict from Windsor, CA | May 7, 2008

The moment i drove it off the lot, i fell in love. It's really reliable, i've owned it for 4 1/2 years and it still feels like brand new every time i drive it. The only complaint i have is that i wish it had a little more horsepower. I like to drive fast and i wish i wouldn't have to push the car as much to make it go faster especially trying to merge on the freeway. Overall, I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who is considering buying one.

Great for the money, but not much else!

by Scion xA driver from New Jersey | May 3, 2008

I bought my black Scion xA in 2004 with one mile on it. Now, in 2008, it has 81,000 miles and still running great. Even though I haven't had a problem mechanically, I have a lot of gripes with this car. First off, the gas mileage isn't that good. When I put gas, in another two days it's already at a half a tank (I travel about 10 miles to the train station to go to work). On the highway, the car does do pretty good MPG, probably around 30-32. But, during city driving, it likes to drink! Another gripe I have are the uncomfortable seats. They are very stiff and my back feels a bit pained after I get out of the car. The trunk on this car is very small. It's hard to even fit groceries inside of it. Those are the main gripes I have with this car. The big plus is the price. Just under $14,000 for a brand new car with no mileage on it. Plus, it's a Toyota engine, so it's going to be reliable. I would recommend this car to a teenager, or someone who doesn't drive it much. Otherwise, get something a little bit bigger (the xB is an option)

Fun to drive

by Scion fan from Beautiful Massachusetts | June 29, 2007

I would definitely recommend the Scion Xa to a friend. It looks great on the exterior (somewhat like a funky hippo), the back seats fold down for a fair amount of cargo room, and the standard is a lot of fun to drive. The sound system is very nice and the features (a/c, auto windows etc.) make for a comfortable commute. Drawbacks are: noisy engine at high speeds, you have to take the headrests off of the backseats to fold them down, and the front seats are not very comfortable for a long drive. Oh, one major plus is excellent gas mileage. Overall, very reliable and fun to cruise around in.

GO OUT AND BUY ONE YOU'LL LOVE IT

by JOHN ( CAR ENTHUSIAST ) from ATLANTA GA | May 9, 2007

SO I STARTED LOOKING FOR A CAR FOR MY LITTLE SISTER IN 2003 SHE IS IN COLLEGE AND WAS ON A BUDGET. WE FOUND THE XA TO BE A GOOD BUY. THIS CAR HAS HAD NOT ONE PROBLEM IN THE FOUR YEARS THAT SHE HAS HAD IT. IT HAS BEEN RELIABLE, FUN TO DRIVE AND IS FILLED WITH EVERY THING A COLLEGE STUDENT NEEDS AND WANTS.

Featured Services for this Scion xA