2006 Scion xA

2006 Scion xA
Available in 1 styles:  2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback shown

32 city / 37 hwy

Overall

It does what I bought it to do.

by frugal freddie from Pittsburgh, PA | October 30, 2013

I purchased a 2006 Scion xA after reviewing cars for 3 months. I needed a car that was comfortable for me, dependable, looked like a real car, and got very good gas mileage without being a hybrid or needing a drop cord. The Scion xA fits all of these categories. The car will seat 4 people for a quick trip to lunch or a movie, not much room for basketball players in the rear seats, but anyone under 6' can sit comfortably. Scion is sold at Toyota dealerships, that covers the dependability part. The styling on this model is smooth for such a short wheel base car, I am not going to say it is cute, but my wife and daughter both like it. The fuel mileage has been as good as anticipated, 34 mpg in city driving, twice what I was getting previously. I am looking forward to many years of satisfaction with this car, a little TLC, regular maintenance, and it will be around until I retire.

very pleased

by DT from Forney TX | August 12, 2013

I bought this car about 2 monthd ago with 148,000 miles and was amazed on how there were no rattles, no sqeeks, no noises in the interior. The car rides extremely smooth for a small car. Everything on the car works just like when it was new. Very pleased with the purchase

Adorable little car

by JamBones from Murray, KY | July 16, 2013

We bought a 2006 Scion last year for my daughter, and when she went on a 2 week vacation I drove hers and fell in love with the way that it handles, how you can park it anywhere, and the awesome gas mileage! Plus with the rear seats folded down, I was able to fit my bicycle in it! It is super fun to drive to, and the air conditioner is icy cold.So, I just bought myself one, and drove it home yesterday.

cute and eficient!!!!!!

by good mpg from koxville, tn | February 4, 2013

This car is soooo cute. Cuter than a bug***. the flint mica color (sparkley grey) is my favorite, but the black makes it look like a sports car. the inside has just enough compartments for all your car stuff, but not a console-that way you CANT JUNK UP your car very fast. I haven't had this car very long, but almost never fuel up. It's great! This car is perfect for driving on the freeway a lot or just going to work every day. With the back seats down( they fold straight down- 180*) there is just as much cargo room as anyother car. With the back seats up, it is still enough room for some groceries. The designers of this car were VERY SMART because even with 5 people in it, there is a lot of room and it still feels spacious. the steering wheel controls are also a plus for safety. And my car has 8 airbags! Also, since the car is so small on the outside, turning around is a BREEZE. You rarely have to go from R to D, then R to D more than just once! with a GiAnT SuV many turns the Scion XA makes are impossible. One PROBLEM with this car is that you can't sit in the back cargo area without hitting your head...

2006 Scion Xa

by LittleOl'Lady from Cape Vincent Ny | January 1, 2013

Great little car. Great on gas. A bit sluggish in the quarter mile, but I almost never go to the drags any more.

Pretty Hard to Beat

by sfiman from Dalarna, Sweden | November 25, 2012

For a car with a 1.5L engine, this thing was impressive performance-wise. In the four years I owned mine it did everything I asked of it with room to spare. Not a single issue of any sort with the car. It held it's "new" better than anything I've ever owned. The comfort of the whole driving experience surpassed what I expected in a car that size. So did the amount of cargo I was able to pack into it. Found it to be as enjoyable on road trips as it was to scoot around town.

Just had to have another.

by Believer in Scion from Denver, Co | July 4, 2012

Feels like a much bigger car than it is. Size does make it easy to get into small parking places. Very roomy in front. Rear cargo area more than adequate for basic storage needs. Easy to enter and exit. Standard equipment surpasses comparable vehicles. Good power for a small car and excellent gas mileage. Averaged 33 MPG in the city, haven't driven on the highway yet.

best used car out there

by lunyty from Knoxville,Tn | September 26, 2011

wasn't looking for a scion,just a car good on gas..i saw a couple listings for the scion xa,went and took a look and bought one..toyota quality at a fair price,36 mpg all day with auto,and a/c blasting ,who could ask for more....the newer model xb does not get near the mpg of the 04-06 xa,,,i dont know why toyota would make such a great car,like the xa ,then make it bigger ,with a bigger more thirsty motor,,,it does not make sense?,,if your looking for a small car with good mpg,you cant go wrong with the xa

Life Saver

by College Student from Wilkes Barre, PA | December 13, 2010

I had owned this my Xa for about 18 months and didn't have any issues with it (bought used). It was great on gas, spacious despite the deceiving overall size of vehicle, and visibility inside was amazing. I used it mostly for commuting to and from home and school, equaling about a 2 hour drive one way. Recently on my way back to school, I was in a nasty accident on a highway. I hit some ice on the road which caused the car to rolled twice and landed on the roof. I walked away with a scratch on my lip and a headache. The car maintained the shape well and maintained shape without a possible threat of crushing me inside. This is an extremely safe vehicle and well worth every dollar I spent on it.

2006 Scion xA

by mikhael from San Francisco & a Bay Area | November 17, 2010

Totally awesome around town kind of car (200 mile + radius)! Serves the purpose 100%. If you are thinking taking it to the mountains with 4x200 + lb passengers inside, I would think twice. Hello, it's 1.5 L car let's be reasonable. We also own 2004 xA. Same thing, totally awesome care! 2006 though got tons of extras, side air bags, side curtains, both front and rear, sound insulation was improved, iPod hook up and more. Before purchasing 2006 we've looked at a newer body of xA. Absolute lack of room inside!!! Toyota narrowed top portion of a care a bit, but that little translates in huge discomfort / turn off! Also, they stop putting 1.5L engines in it. It's 2.4L now. Not sure about Japan or Europe, but no 1.5L for US that's for sure. Why? Dumb move if you ask me. On top of all that 2.4 I test drove is way noisier that 1.5L I have in my both 2004 and 2006. With that in mind, we decided to go for another xA, same body style but newer year model.

Featured Services for this Scion xA