2006 Scion xB

30 city / 33 hwy

Overall

" Excellent Vehicle "

by Jojo from Georgia | July 14, 2015

This car is excellent. Very low maintenance. Handles the road very well, especially if your a good driver. I've taken this vehicle at high speeds on sharp turns and it hugs the pavement very well. The take off is a little slow, but once you get going you can hang with the bigger liter engines, without using a lot of gas. This is my second car that I've purchased using Cars.com. The navigation of this website is easy to use. Every testimony I've read about this vehicle has been very positive, so with that in mind, never judge a book by it's cover. I don't know much about the 08 ~ 15 models, but the 04 ~ 06 models owners brag about them.

Fun Cruzin Scion XB

by Marky Mark from Maui, HI. | June 6, 2015

Bought this car at a price could not walk away from. First I would have not thought I could own this type of boxy car. I see a lot of these cars on the road and felt was to square and small from the outside. When I sat in it there was a lot of head space and in the back was very roomy. The dash was so different but I got used to it. I love driving this car around town. The ride handle is OK, not the greatest. The gas mileage is awesome. You can by a lot of aftermarket parts for this car to customize it to your liking. This is a great economical ride.

scion xb 2006

by Angie from porter ranch, ca | August 31, 2014

I love the look of this car, but the engine hums and the blue light looks like a flashing bullet goes on and I don't know what the symbols are b/c the private dealership does not have the instruction book. The car does not go fast on freeways, but has a slow accerlation. Also, the brakes makes a funny sound.

Bigger inside than outside!

by ToasterFan from Indiana | August 14, 2014

We bought a 2006 Scion xB to be my daily driver and our main family car. As a 6'9" tall guy, I am always interested in the seating position and comfort available to someone of my size. My wife is much shorter (5'1"), so finding a car that can be driven by both of us comfortably is difficult. The xB fits that bill. Well, the first gen xB, last made in 2006. In 2007, they didn't make them. Then, in 2008, they came out with the ruined...er...new version. They made the car a few inches longer and wider, chopped the roof down, and filled in the rear panels. Basically, Toyota took the design from "awesome, very efficient use of space, quirky, and super comfortable" to "basically the same as 99% of the boxy crossovers out there." Get a first gen (2004-2006 in the US) model. They have a smaller engine (more efficient, and it still has plenty of power), more unique design, better use of internal space (why on earth would they change it the way they did in 2008? Argh.), etc. You know how many sub-compacts I can fit in, sitting in the backseat, with the front seat ALL THE WAY BACK (set so I can drive it)? One. The Toyota bB/Scion xB. We purchased a manual/standard transmission vehicle from a private seller (not listed on Cars.com), but found quite a few comparable sales on this website. Spend a few bucks and get a 30-day use with a VIN history check website. AutoCheck is great. CarFax is ok. When you're looking for a particular car, it saves you a lot of time and worry. Also, buy from a private seller if you know what to look for (you should check the same stuff even if the car is on a dealer's lot, btw); you'll save a ton of money vs. buying from a dealership.

2006 Scion xB

by Rob from So California | November 1, 2013

Great Car it may look small from the outside really roomie on the inside. Fun to drive great on gas and it looks very cool as well.

I love this car!!

by polly from teaneckNJ | March 30, 2013

I bought this car based on a friends recommendation... who owned one...because 2006 was the last year the "windows" went all the way back (no panels..better view) sorry they changed that for I would buy a new one...but 2006 has all the comforts I need and reliability I have had it for 4 years now...I just at 50k miles...winter snow in the north no problelm in fact I like the drive with the snow tires so much I use them all year round...smooth ride.

Best Cars Ever

by Scion xB Enthusiast from Central, LA | March 26, 2013

I already own a grey thunder cloud 2006 Scion xB. Recently purchased a Red Salsa Pearl 2006 Scion xB. I just love these cars. They are roomy, comfortable, get decent gas mileage and overall are just fun vehicles to own. I have already started customizing my Red xB with nice tailights, strut bar, rear spoiler, new matts, led interior glow kit, side window vents, center console. The sad part for me is there will never been anymore of these, which is why I latched on to another one. To be honest if I had the money I'd buy another, because I just love them so much. I did use Car.com to find my Scion xB. I live in Louisiana and found this one in Burnsville Minnesota. My experience with Cars.com was fantastic and provided me all the initial info I needed along with the car fax.

found it on cars.com and bought it!

by box lover from Rochester, ny | December 20, 2012

drove 300 miles from my house for the car. it was exactly as seen on cars.com love it!! thanks cars.com other wise i would have never found my stage 4 dream car

What a great car, sooo roomy.

by Emoroid from Louisville, KY | September 3, 2012

I really love this car. The interior is extremely roomy and the seats are very comfortable. Sure it does not have a ton of storage space when you have 4 passengers, but how often do you need to haul both people and gear? Tons of room for 2-3 people and gear. I cannot imagine what the auto transmission is like, but the manual has plenty of go. It handles pretty well, and I plan to put in lowering springs to get the center of gravity lower to help cornering. The only negatives are the high rpm's at highway speed and the general lack of sound insulation. Except for the tinniness of the doors, the materials used in the car are very good. Gas mileage has always been over 30 mpg, no matter how I have been driving. Reliability is supposed to be great, which is why I ditched my Audi A6 for this.

06 Scion XB best car ive ever owned,ive bought 7

by SCION XB NUT 2004-2006 BEST WAGON EVER MADE from LANTANA FLORIDA | July 3, 2012

2004-2006,only good years ....fun to drive ,comfortable ,easy to get in and out of,great gas mileage,no repairs from 50000 until 150,000 miles then i had to do some majors,all a/c onditioner parts,waterpump,rear shocks,,,front struts,2 front axles,brakes twice so far ,all 3 motor mounts,make sure you change cabin air filter to prevent a/c system from clogging up,i did not know my xb had a cabin filter to replace.Changed oil every 20000 miles and fliter every 5000 miles mobil one,enegine runs like a top.Time for Autotransmission fluid and filter change again.CANY find another vechile that works as well as XB

Featured Services for this Scion xB