2008 Scion xB

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Scion Xb 2008-09-10

by liskosd from california | March 24, 2014

This was my first Toyota after been a loyal Honda fan. Great car good ride and very reliable car. The cargo storage for me was a plus when you fold the passenger seats down. The car gets good mileage thru the city averaging about 23-25 mpg and about 32 on the highway. Serving has been cheap but that is thru a independent mechanic not Toyota.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Motor flaw in the 2.4 toyota motor

by dave from Md | December 3, 2013

big problem emerging with these vehicles. the 2.4 engine has issues burning oil after 60k. Toyota issued a TSB to fix these on the toyota's with this motor, Scion hasn't. Only way to fix is to tear engine apart and put new pistons and rings in , to the tune of about 4 grand. Its a shame, these are great little cars, but everyone I know has this issue. I baby my cars, change oil regularly with good synthetic oil. This is inexcusable in this day and age. No car should burn 2 quarts of oil every 1200 miles. No signs of visible leaks, not smoke in exhaust. You will not detect this problem until you realize how much oil you are dumping in it. Not good for long term. Stay away from purchasing a Scion until they step up and make this good to their customers. This is not a "rare" issue, google it, you'll find hundreds of people that have this problem.

Great first car for our daughter

by Looking for a reliable vehicle for our daughter from Terre Haute, IN | August 13, 2013

Love the car, and love Verity Auto in Westfield. Really enjoyed doing business with them. Would highly recommend them to all my friends.

by Stryker from G.P.TEXAS | February 16, 2013

Good resource.helpful search ,would recommend to help you find what you are looking for..!!!!!!!!!!!

Really Cool Car

by Old School Driver from InlandEmpire, So.Cal. | December 22, 2012

I purchased this Scion Xb used one owner it runs great, mileage is great and very comfortable. I am so very happy with the Xb and would recommend this vehicle to everyone. It is easy to drive has plenty of power, Parking is easy, and as for responce I give it a A+. In So.Cal. the freeways are tricky and with the Xb I have no trouble getting on and keeping pace with the traffic. The car rides smooth and is very fuel wise, features are fantastic, Radio system is great,all controls are easy to reach and well lit up at night. All in all the 08 Scion Xb is a fun car to drive and looks way better then the previous years with less windows it has a sleek and modern look to it, very roomy in the front seats and rear, The rear seat fold down to provide more then enought room for what ever you need to carry. Great car for family or single persons.

Better than expected

by 61 years to get to a Scion from Port Huron Mi | December 19, 2012

Lots of room for a big guy, 6'2" 210. Peppy and keeps up with freeway traffic easily @ 70 to 80mph. Huge cargo with seats down due to square box hatchback design. Decent mpg...twice what my Titan gets. Great stereo, comfortable seats and way cool design inside and out once you drive one for a while. Solid and quiet, not the tin can I expected. Good Toyota build quality should prove reliable

Why did I wait so long

by astroarchitect from North Shore of Long Island | April 23, 2012

I fell in love with the Scion xBs back in 2006. Loved the extreme boxy look. But I needed a larger, full size van for work and forgot about it. Years later I stopped doing construction work, but still needed a vehicle that would carry more than the average car. A friend of mine bought a new xB, I saw it and my old love for the car was brought back to life. Local dealer had a used 2008 for sale. Great price and it was one of the limited edition models (#15 of 2500). The color wasn't one that I would have chosen, but the price was right and the milage was low. I bit! Haven't had so much fun driving a car in many years. Very smooth 5 speed stick that syncro's the gears quietly and cleanly. Never a feeling that the ratio is wrong or you forgot to shift. Enough torque in the newer, more powerful engines that it pulls even if you didn't downshift two gears. The suspension is a bit on the tight side but I prefer that to the feeling of sitting on your living room couch. Acceleration is always satisfying and with prudent driving I'm getting 27 miles to the gallon. So much better than my old Ford E350 Super Duty. Great sound system and interior, though if I had my way, I'd have put more little storage compartments in than Scion (Toyota) did. Not enough room for stowing the GPS, the sun glasses, the extra sets of keys, the cell phone charger, the hands free bluetooth, etc. But the three position moon roof, reclining seats, fold down rear seats, the super CD changer and radio are wonderful. Should have bought one of these a long time ago. Own two Toyota Corollas and if this Scion is anything like them, I'll have the opportunity to drive this car for many, many years with little in the way of mechanical trouble. Would not hesitate to recommend this vehicle.

The best box on the road

by termtrip from Middletwon, PA. | March 23, 2012

I have owned this 2008 xb for 4 years and it has around 71000 miles with no issues at all, it handles like a car but with more room. the gas milage is great, and the performance is good as well.

xB is the best value on the market

by boxyblueB from NC | November 4, 2011

I've owned my 2008 Scion xB since Dec 2007 and have had no problems. Currently have 62k miles. The vehicle is very fast, handles well, can u-turn on a dime. The rear seat leg room is incredible - more than many full size cars. I've driven it on long trips (600 miles straight) and I was comfortable the entire way. My only complaints are the small and hard center arm rest, the shallow sun visor, and no automatic head lights.

Perfect all around auto

by Debo from Fl | June 30, 2011

I bought a 2008 used with 28000 mi on it. I noticed a little road noise so I change the orig Good Year tires to Mich Premacy MXV4 tires rated for ride comfort and handling and fuel saving, warranty is 60k mi. Not cheap $720. installed, But what a diff! It rides sooo smooth and handles like a dream! A lot of people do not realiaze how great tires impact a cars ride, handling, and performance, and fuel econ! Trust me on this, buy a high end tire, spend the money. A lot of tire mfg have a web site were they rec a certain tire for a certain auto, trust them on their recom! I love the XB. I put a Curt trailer hitch on, and it pulls my 5X10 open trailer With my Goldwing on it! To our vacation home, I get 27 city, 32-35 Hwy. Depending how fast I go 65-85, The MPG without a trailer of course. This 2.4ltr 4 cyl is the same engine as my wifes Camry Solara. GREAT ENGINE!!! GREAT CAR!!!