The Scion xB is part of a growing car segment: The small, SUV-like hatchback. It's the boxiest entrant in this field, which also includes the Honda Element, Chevrolet HHR and Suzuki SX4 Crossover.
New for 2010
There are no significant changes from the 2009 model.
Compared to the HHR and SX4, the xB slots right in the middle in terms of length; it's almost the same length as the Element, 9 inches shorter than the HHR and almost 5 inches longer than the SX4.
- Sizzling Crimson Mica paint replaces Blackberry Crush Metallic for 2010
- Standard black grille trim
- 16-inch wheels, with three wheel-cover designs, are standard
The xB has a center-mounted speedometer that some find hard to read. The gauges are red, which is easy on the eyes at night but hard to see during the day. Beyond that, the interior is fairly standard, with a lot of cargo room when the rear seat is folded.
- 160-watt Pioneer audio system with iPod connectivity and auxiliary port
- Optional Alpine Premium audio system with color touch-screen monitor and other enhancements
- 60/40-split rear seat has three-point seat belts and head restraints for three occupants
- Standard air conditioning
- Standard cruise control
Under the Hood
Toyota's workhorse 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine is standard. It makes 158 horsepower and 162 pounds-feet of torque.
- Standard five-speed manual transmission
- Optional four-speed automatic with manual-shift provision
The xB has a wide variety of standard safety features, including:
- Four-wheel antilock brakes
- Seat-mounted side-impact airbags
- Side curtain airbags for first and second rows
- Electronic brake-assist
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Scion xB
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.