2011 Scion xB

See Photos & Videos

Overall

I love my scion!!

by Allie from Wash, DC | June 8, 2014

This car is great! its easy to drive and easy to park! I can fit in really small spaces too! Its roomy and comfortable!!

Good Used Car

by TW from Chicago | January 30, 2014

I bought this car used from a loacal toyota dealer. It had 50K on the clock so it was well broken in. It handles well and has the interior room I need. It has a lot of the functionality of a small SUV without the high coast. Gas milage has been decent though not exceptional. I've had no problems starting the car during the recent cold spell (15 below). The ride is a little noisy but I suspect that is due to the snow tires that came on it. I'll try something different when the weather warms up.

worst car and service from Scion

by me from new york | July 25, 2013

they did not hold up for warranty on tires. clutch burnt out with less then 25000 miles had 3 years and was totally burnt out , I do know how to drive a clutch, I learned on a clutch, if you open windows while driving the noise hurts your ears, they are the worse people to try to deal with for warranties witch they should of gave me for my tires, clutch was a lemon, managers of scion and supervisors were no help I will never buy a scion again. also paid my new scion off early and received no money back, dealer was terrible after the sale,totally rude. car was a 2011 scion xB

Not a bad buy overall

by James from Cincinnati, OH | July 15, 2012

2011 XB currently has 46k miles on it. Cons: Interior plastic used on the dash, doors, etc is the cheapest I’ve ever seen and I’ve owned a lot of cars. With no exaggeration, I can scratch my dash with my fingernail without even trying. Very disappointed with this. Back hatch has a rattle to it started around 10k miles. Rear seats are hard to latch in the up position. Front seats are hard to get to slide forward and back. City mpg is 21-22, average is 23-24, full on 100% highway is 27 with full synthetic oil and fully inflated tires. There is an established problem with the engines burning oil. I got a good one but I know someone who needs to add 1 quart of oil every 2500 miles on a new car. The front tires wear really bad on the edges where the side wall turn into the part that touches the road. There are no alignment problems and both of the other guys I know that has this car (2008 and 2010) both have the same tire wear problem. Front paint chips supper easy so get a protective film for it. Cloth seats are nearly impossible to clean dog hair from. Spent 4 hours picking hair 1 by 1 from my back seat after having a dog in there 1 time. Vacuum and dog hair roller were no help a all. Although lots of passenger room there is little room in the back for things About 6 cubic feet to the window line. Half that of my civic sedans trunk. Stiff ride, I feel the bumps on the highway no matter how small they are. 4 Speed transmission runs at very high rmp at 70mph. There is NO OVERDIRIVE, despite cars.com specs. Pros: Lots of leg room in front and rear. Radio sounds good. Runs smooth. Somewhat peppy at the takeoff. Little body roll but handles ok overall. New car price is cheap compared to similar vehicles in the market. 2.4L is the same used in the Camry. No mechanical problems thus far at 46k Overall not a bad buy if you can find a way to not scratch up the interior.

Pleasantly Surprised

by Guy Smiley from Tempe, AZ | March 19, 2012

OK, I'll be honest. The Scion Xb was NOT on my list of dream cars. I drive tons of miles each year for work and it didn't make sense to invest big money in a vehicle. Fuel economy was critical due to gas prices and mileage driven, AND with a business and family I also needed space and utility. I am also 6 feet 4 inches tall and comfort was also imperative. There simply wasn't anything else out there I could find in the sub-$20k price range that offered all of the features, reliability, and fuel economy of the Scion Xb. Now that I own one I can say that I made a great choice. The car drives like a go kart. Yes, that is a good thing. It is quick, responsive, and extremely reliable. Seats are fairly comfortable and supportive and there is plenty of room for the family! It is by no means a Lexus or BMW, but it is paid for and has one of the best reliability ratings by all manufacturers.

best car for your money

by imnuts from Regina, Saskatchewan | February 10, 2012

first Scion i have owned and would be another for sure. Best over value for your money.very roomy interior especially the back seat. very comfortable to drive and also has a very peppy motor, great for passing.

Love it!

by Frank from Hawaii | September 6, 2011

Bought in January, driven daily for commute to\from work, mostly highway. Get about 30\31 mpg, higher than rated. ROOMY, comfortable, stylish and economical. My daughter loves the room as she can invite lots of friends for dad to pickup and they won't be squashed like my last car. Only extras I got were the rear spoiler, Rear Bumper Protector, interior rugs and the 19" alloy rims in gunmetal. Only reason I gave it a 4 in Value for money is they need more options available at a more reasonable price.

Awesome Courier Vehicle!

by Mr Mustang from Amarillo, TX | July 20, 2011

I am a Medical Courier for a large Hospital and received my new 2011 Scion xB 2 weeks ago. I was very scepticle at first, but after my first drive I was hooked! I love it. It is loaded with power everything, an Alpine stereo and aluminum wheels. It definitley turns heads as I drive around town. The exterior styling is much more refined then the previous models I have seen. The car has plenty of power and excellent brakes. The Alpine stereo system sounds incredible and even comes with a cable and holder for connecting my iPhone to it! I love that there is also a set of radio controls located on the steering wheel. It took a little getting used to the "dash" located in the center and no gages except a sppedometer. The interior room is amazing, especially with the back seats folded down. I haul 15 - 20 boxes of supplies at a time with no problems. Overall I think this is the perfect vehicle for my job. It has a great A/C, plenty of power and performance, great looks and excellent gas milage, all at a very reasonable price. I am thinking about buying one for my daughter next year when she starts driving. Today I surpassed 2000 miles with zero maintenace problems. Highly recommend this vehicle.

2011 Scion xB RS 8.0 VOODOO BLUE

by Anthony from Elgin, IL | May 24, 2011

I just bought my scion about a month ago. I love it!! It is the coolest car I have ever had. I can't believe how spacious it is on the inside. It rides great and is even fun to drive. I would defintily reccomend it to anyone looking for an affordable, versitle, and reliable car. It is great to see the look on people's face when they see it. Also, no matter how you drive the car it always gets over 30mpg even in the city.

I got the car I wanted!

by A New Scionic! from Houston, TX | January 23, 2011

I love its handling in tight corners, it's zippy pick up and it's roominess. If your looking for an alternative to a bulky SUV the xB is our answer. The first 1000 miles the car is adjusting it mpg's but after that the gas mileage is great. It's cute, sporty and handles great! I love the roominess, did I say that already? It easily and comfortably seats 5. The 2 yr free scheduled maintenance doesn't hurt either! Just wish Scion would allow negociating the price. That's my nly complaint.

Featured Services for this Scion xB