The Scion xD is an entry-level car meant to compete with the Nissan Versa, Chevrolet Aveo5 and other small hatchbacks. It offers a variety of options and gets a newly standard electronic stability system for 2010.
New for 2010
For 2010, the xD gets updated optional and standard audio features, plus that standard electronic stability system.
The xD takes cues, like a boxy grille and vertical bumper portals, from the Scion xB. The headlights look similar to those on Toyota's RAV4.
- Body-colored door trim
- Side mirrors with integrated turn signals
- Standard 16-inch wheels with three available wheel-cover designs
- Chrome exhaust tip
- Rear-window wiper
- Roof-mounted antenna
The five-passenger interior includes a 60/40-split folding backseat that can recline 10 degrees and adjust 6 inches forward and back. A storage well sits below the cargo floor. Other places to stash things include a dual-compartment glove box and a tray below the steering wheel. On the dashboard, a single gauge integrates the tachometer and speedometer. The xD's standard Pioneer stereo includes an MP3 jack and a USB port. The USB port displays your MP3 player's track listings, and you can adjust the volume or skip ahead using steering-wheel controls.
- Standard USB port also charges mobile device
- Standard console screen displays track and artist information
- Standard air conditioning
- Standard power windows, locks and mirrors
- Standard first-aid kit
- Optional stereo upgrade includes a touch-screen faceplate
- Optional rearview camera and navigation system with stereo upgrade
Under the Hood
There's just one engine available for the xD, but there is a choice of transmissions.
- 128-horsepower, 1.8-liter four-cylinder
- Standard five-speed manual transmission
- Optional four-speed automatic
Antilock brakes are standard, but they use a disc/drum setup, not the stronger four-wheel-disc type. An electronic stability system is standard for 2010.
- Six standard airbags, including side-impact airbags for the front seats and side curtain airbags for both rows
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2010 Scion xD.
Asking Price Range