2010 smart fortwo

2010 smart fortwo
Available in 3 styles:  2010 smart fortwo 2dr Coupe shown

33 city / 41 hwy

Overall

very enjoyable car for city driving

by KF from Dundas, Ontario, Canada. | October 31, 2015

I love & enjoy driving my 2010 Smart 4 2. I use it 6 X a week for mostly city-drives to the Golf-course & shopping. It's super good on gas miles with premium-gas as I only fill up once a Month with less than 30.00$ . It's not a sports-car but I'm over 80 & don't drive like when I was 25 or 45 Years old. Parking = never a problem & pot-holes - OK try to avoid them - they are rough on this car. I would buy one again anytime . Klaus Freudenreich, Dundas, Ontario.

A Great Little Car

by HSnev from Florida | December 25, 2012

Great mileage, great performance, great style, great to be seen in, great trade in, great for in town driving, great parking.

great on gas

by smsrt driver from visalia,ca | February 1, 2012

This is a great car for city driving and commuting, its fun and enjoyable. Enough room for daily shopping

more than i expected

by size matters from hobart in | July 30, 2011

i reseached this car for two years. it turned out to be better than expected. i would purchase another with out question. if you are looking for a micro size car, mercedes benz has designed the perfect one.

Very nice commuter car

by Always looking for a better car/truck/van from St Petersburg, FL | December 24, 2010

We've owned our 2009 Smart Passion Convertible for two years, and love it. We ordered ours with every available option. We're getting 36 mpg A/C ON, and 39 mpg A/C OFF in mostly city driving. It's not meant to be a sports car. It's a commuter car. Driving around town in the auto mode, the transmission shifts smoothly. If you like jack-rabbit starts and race-car shifting, look elsewhere. The best car ever for parking in tight spots. Raise or lower the top on-the-go. Best MPG's for a non-hybrid. We own a Sprinter Van and an Outback, but do 80% of our driving in the Smart Car.

Best car I have driven in over 40 years

by padi176715 from Norwalk, CT | December 20, 2010

If the car will fit your lifestyle, this is the best car going. Actual gas milage is much higher than epa and the comfort level is much better than expected. The fun factor is without equal. As for the highway, I drove mine from CT to Tucson, AZ and never had a highway, or any other, problem.

Perfect commuter vehicle

by Love My Smart from Houston, TX | November 15, 2010

My husband and I bought 2 Smarts in 2008, keeping our minivan for the times we need to carry more people. The 2 Smarts and the minivan all fit in our 2-car garage. The Smarts are so maneuverable and fun to drive, we find that we never get the van out. The ride is rough, but it is not a problem because I am not expecting a luxury car ride - and the car is small enough to avoid most of the potholes on my normal route. AC cuts 4 to 5 miles off the miles-per-gallon, but it does keep the car comfortable even in Houston. Cargo capacity is ample for normal shopping, and we have even carried large items by leaving the tailgate open and tying them down. Driving long distances would be better if it had cruise control.

A fun car to drive

by Jesse from Cary, North carolina | November 9, 2010

I have a 2008 passion. I have personally driven it 22 K both to commute to work and on trips. I have driven it on trips of 700, 1100, and 1300 miles. It never faltered or strained even though I was driving through the mountains of West Virginia. I is very much fun to drive as you fel as though you are part of the car since it is so small. It turns tight and handles very well. The acceleration is not so great but I use the manual shift function so I can wind it out to the next gear. The sound system is really good and the small cockpit acts as a sound chamber. Only problems I had had were (1) seat adjuster mechanism broke on driver's side as plastic license plate got stuck under the carpet (2) Latch on hatchback had to be replaced. Overall - I like the car and prefer to drive this versus my other car. One huge concern though is safety. Although the steel roll cage is very strong - I doubt anyone would survive any crash with a bigger car.

Love the car

by Teacher from Dallas, texas | October 9, 2010

had it a couple years, still love it. It is just a happy car, still gets stares from people all the time. We have taken it for long trips, and found it comfortable. We are averaging high 30's for overall use, easily getting over 40 on highway with air conditioner blowing. Only real knock would be road noise is a little high on the highway.

They paid me to test drive it.

by Silly Smart from Ft Lauderdale | September 23, 2010

I heard that Smart was paying people $50 to test drive their car, so I decided to try it out. Upon completion of my test drive, I felt ripped off. I wouldn't drive this thing again if thay offered me $500! Anybody who would pay around 15 grand for the smallest, lousiest driving, most imprctical vehicle on the road would have to be an idiot. Good luck to the suckers that own a Smart, they can use it as a nice casket after getting into an accident with a grown-up car.

Featured Services for this smart fortwo