2013 smart fortwo

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Love My Smarty

by Ilgendolls from Hobart, IN | December 20, 2013

I've only had my Smart Car for a week, but find myself making excuses to go somewhere! I love it! It handles & drives like my old VW Bug, which I loved, but with all the conviences of this Smart, it's great to have HEAT & AIR CONDITIONING! We will be pulling her behind our motorhome next year, since she weighs only 1800 pounds. I bought this one from the St. Charles, Illinois Mercedes dealership, and got a good deal on this 2013 slightly used car. I am impressed with the safety features of this car too. Can't find anything I don't like about it, except maybe the left drivers armrest is too close, but I'll get used to it, I'm sure. This is just cute, convienent and SMART.

Got a rare Brabus Tailor Made Cocoa this month.

by Cocoa from Wilmington, DE | November 29, 2013

Always wanted a Smart, but for whatever reasons never got one until this month. And, I love my new Cocoa Bean. It has all I need, and is so cute, cool and unique.

Ladybug (Black with Red panels)

by Tall guy loves small cars! from Florida | November 12, 2013

I leased the 2013 smart fortwo in April 2013. I was a little apprehensive about leasing, but thought the price was budget friendly. I find myself looking for any reason to drive Ladybug. She is my first manual (even though I don't manually shift with the clutch). I have the pure. I did not want power windows. Thankfully power door locks are standard. I love that this vehicle came with air conditioning and cruise control. I was certain I needed cruise control, but quickly found it was more fun to drive without using it. City driving is best when traffic is not congested. Highway driving is a bit like a roller coaster, in that the vehicle and I are thrown around with high winds. I achieved 40 MPG combined city and highway on the first tank. The second tank was all city driving; I achieved 45 MPG by starting slowly and slowing early. Cruise control helped. After the first 1000 miles, I began driving a bit faster- taking off quicker and slowing later. The MPGs dropped a little and were closer to the 34 city and 38 highway EPA estimates. Smart doesn't offer a complimentary maintenance plan, but I love the recommended one (1) year or 10,000 mile oil changes. I have yet to need an oil change. I absolutely love driving the smart fortwo. I am considering a convertible when my lease in complete.

dodge neon

by baby from galesburg,il. | October 12, 2013

I just want a car that is nice looking according to my opinion. easy to drive and little maintence.good enough

CUTIEST MOST ATTENTION GETTING CAR IVE OWNED

by TERIBERI from RICHMOND HILL,NY | September 25, 2013

ITS A BLAST ON THE HIGHWAY AND OFF HAVING A REAL GOOD TIME . GREAT DRIVE OVERALL FOR CUMMUTING TO WORK. HAVE CAR OVER TWO WEEKS AND STILL HAVE A HALF TANK OF GAS

Great value and fun

by Fun car driver from Falls church, va | September 20, 2013

Ok here are the decisions you need to answer yes to. iIf you do say yes to each of these then get this car. Do I need a car? I want a low cost car to both buy and operate? I want low mpg and don't trust hybrids. Do I realize hybrids, although they offer great mpg, are more expensive in the long run due to higher cost of purchase and maintainable. I know the fiat 500 is a lot more expensive once I get the options I want, and the scion IQ backseat is a joke. I can get by with two seats since most of the time I could use a different car or get a ride if it's more than two folks. Two seats are OK. I hate camping and outdoors stuff. I like going to restaurants and parking easily and close. I want alloy wheels, leather, AC, a sky roof, a stereo, push, and heated seats. I prefer to have the control and fun of a manual, but when (insert name) drives it they can't drive and need an automatic. I want to always find a parking spot quickly, and hate bumping into parking garage pillars. Most of my driving is done between 10-50 mph. I only drive infrequently on long road trips or on interstates. I live near a Smart center. I don't buy Japanese. It's either USA or European for me! This one is optional but if yes a huge plus: my other car is a Mercedes. This is the car for you then if you answered yes to the above. Get the passion model with comfort package.

Had my Passion Cabrio 5+ years, LOVE IT!

by Eleanor from San Jose, CA | September 5, 2013

I'd been wanting one of these since they were first announced way back in the 90's, waited eagerly for them to start really coming to the U.S. I'm one of those folks who ordered as soon as I could, and had to wait almost a year. It was worth it! I just got back a few weeks ago from a 4400+ mile roadtrip with my 13 year old son, and Pearl was great! I was a bit nervous how well she'd do at altitude, but she bombed past semis and RVs with no problem! Unfortunately, she did also bomb past a Washington trooper, who was amused but gave me a ticket anyway. To me, this car has been a total dream. Yanno, sometimes you just don't need all that testosterone to get the job done!

We look for an excuse to drive it.

by Retired Couple from Fairborn, Ohio | August 23, 2013

We, my wife(65) and I(60), leased a 2013 Smart Passion Cabriolet this past January. It is now August and we look for an excuse to take it out. We were avid Harley-Davidson riders but she started getting the weeble wobbles and I was thinking maybe the time had come to give our motorcycles a fond farewell. We still crave that open air feeling and thought we would try a Smart Convertible. We are extremely glad we did. Much safer with a roll cage and 8 air bags, 4 wheels(no falling over), motorcycle gas mileage(42 average), and a blast to drive, and at $199 a month much cheaper than a new Harley, much less two of them, in other words a perfect old retired couples vehicle for it's intended purpose of running errands around town, cruising to a restaurant, and a Sunday cruise, much the same as we did with the bikes. We also have a new Impala for longer trips in soft ridding comfort as a Smart would beat you up on a vacation drive. So with it's intended usage in mind, I highly recommend this fun little car. As a side note, if you get one be ready to meet lots of strangers as mine draws crowds and questions almost everywhere we go...Hope this helps you, Mike

BEST DEAL WE"VE EVER HAD. WE LOVE THIS CAR!

by SMART FER TWO from MOBILE,ALABAMA | July 31, 2013

THIS CAR PERFORMS GREAT. WE WERE SO SURPRISED AT HOW MUCH ROOM THERE IS AS WE ARE FAIRLY TALL. ALSO IT REALLY GETS UP THERE AS TO SPEED AND LEAVES OTHERS IN THE DUST. PROBABLY THE BEST IS THE GREAT GAS MILEAGE. WE HAVE ALWAYS DRIVEN TRUCKS SO THIS WAS A REAL BONUS.

Not worth it at all

by Commuter from Rochester MN | July 31, 2013

I tried a Smart and thought the fit and performance was lacking a lot. I test drove one for a day and then decided to look at other small cars. I ended up with a Ford Fiesta and it was the same price, virtually same MPG, and twice the car. I am happy with my Fiesta but now wished I had given the Nissan Versa another look. Simply put, you can get more car in terms of fuel economy, performace, seating, and quality for the the same price or less than a Smart fortwo. Plus to be honest, I felt like a dork driving it. Sad but true.