2013 smart fortwo

Available in 3 styles:  2013 smart fortwo 2dr Coupe shown
Starting MSRP

34 city / 38 hwy

Overall

This is my 27th vehicle to own.

by marisag from San Diego, CA | September 3, 2014

I don't understand why the general public has such anger towards this car. I've heard all over the place about the glitchy gearbox (YES, it's a tiny engine, you have to drive it differently than you drive a larger car). My first few days were full of lurching as I struggled with the proper amount of gas to give it. "But this is a Daimler-designed gearbox, if it's not working right, it's not the gearbox, it's the operator. After about a week, I was in tune with how the car operates, and it's really zippy. It rides like a 1980's era Toyota pickup, for whatever reason, MB decided to put a very tight suspension in this car, I can only imagine it's for a really good reason (read SAFETY). I've heard people complain about the price. $15k? It's cheaper than the Fiat 1400 (let's face it, Fiat 500 is just plain lying). It's comparable in price to some of the other cars out there like the Honda Fit and Scion Q-whatever. If you are a current Merdedes owner (as I am, you are eligible for MB loyalty program - I got $1,000 or 6% of the vehicle cost...not shabby). I ended up leasing mine because of all the bad reviews, etc. I was afraid I'd hate it and be stuck with it. Well, it's 6 months on, and I LOVE MY FORTWO! I drive it 40 miles every day in my commute. My monthly gas bill is half of what it was. I'm doing a little bit to help the environment, but I'm not missing much. Sure, it's not as peppy as the Honda Prelude I gave up for it, but I can sit in it without banging my head on the door jam. It's incredibly roomy and comfy inside. I love it so much, that when I was on vacation in Denver last month, I joined Car2Go instead of renting a car. Once that turbo kicks in, it can get up to speed in a very timely manner. The amount of technology that is built into this car is also truly amazing. Just a read through the owners manual was a real eye-opening experience. Anti-lock breaks, electronic stability control, 8 standard air bags (2014 model), rain sensor, tire pressure sensors, and the 2015 model, just announced in Germany is even MORE packed with technology from Mercedes' luxury line. I love my Fortwo, but when the lease is up, I will turn it in and BUY a brand new one. The shine has not left this vehicle for me.

Ignorance is Bliss

by Mike from Fairborn, Ohio | May 19, 2014

I have had my wonderful 2013 bright red Passion Cabriolet for a year and a half now. I am half way through the lease already, where does the time go? In that time I have met countless people while driving the Smart. Most are just inquisitive great people looking to see if a Smart would fit there needs. There is one type though that are fixated that if they get a Smart, and get into an accident they are going to be killed. As though they do not have a chance to be killed in or on any other vehicle. Case in point, Today, while sitting in the car at Kroger's waiting on my wife to finish shopping. A man walked up to my open window and asked "Don't you worry that you will be the first person to the scene of the accident"? I replied, no I don't think that way, I told him that I rode a Harley most of my life and would rather be in the car in case of an accident with 8 air bags and a roll cage. He replied that he would rather be on the bike. It is as though these type of ignorant people have taken leave of their common sense. I watched as he walked away and got in his rusty Honda Civic.

I gave up looks for economy, it's not economical

by Frazt from Queens NY | May 7, 2014

It's a great car if you otherwise feel you don't get attention on the road, you think you're a little girl and you should be wearing pink, saying "Umm's" when you speak, or if you think car named Smart makes you look smart (it doesn't). It's not for you if you are looking for great fuel economy, thinking of the environment, safety of yourself or your passenger or looking to save overall with car maintenance. This car has less space, takes more gas, has a larger carbon footprint than it's competitors. The tires are small so it's by far the most uncomfortable ride I've ever had. No mechanic will touch your car so you have to bring to dealer for everything. Make sure you never travel too far away because it will let you down.

2013 smart cabriolet

by Greenbug8 from Sweeny texas | May 6, 2014

I got this car for my 44th birthday previously enjoyed with 2425 miles I must say I am VERY impressed I haven't had a car in years that I actually look forward to driving daily and want to get in and just drive , and with the great gas millage it gets I can do that

Love My Smarty

by Ilgendolls from Hobart, IN | December 20, 2013

I've only had my Smart Car for a week, but find myself making excuses to go somewhere! I love it! It handles & drives like my old VW Bug, which I loved, but with all the conviences of this Smart, it's great to have HEAT & AIR CONDITIONING! We will be pulling her behind our motorhome next year, since she weighs only 1800 pounds. I bought this one from the St. Charles, Illinois Mercedes dealership, and got a good deal on this 2013 slightly used car. I am impressed with the safety features of this car too. Can't find anything I don't like about it, except maybe the left drivers armrest is too close, but I'll get used to it, I'm sure. This is just cute, convienent and SMART.

Got a rare Brabus Tailor Made Cocoa this month.

by Cocoa from Wilmington, DE | November 29, 2013

Always wanted a Smart, but for whatever reasons never got one until this month. And, I love my new Cocoa Bean. It has all I need, and is so cute, cool and unique.

Ladybug (Black with Red panels)

by Tall guy loves small cars! from Florida | November 12, 2013

I leased the 2013 smart fortwo in April 2013. I was a little apprehensive about leasing, but thought the price was budget friendly. I find myself looking for any reason to drive Ladybug. She is my first manual (even though I don't manually shift with the clutch). I have the pure. I did not want power windows. Thankfully power door locks are standard. I love that this vehicle came with air conditioning and cruise control. I was certain I needed cruise control, but quickly found it was more fun to drive without using it. City driving is best when traffic is not congested. Highway driving is a bit like a roller coaster, in that the vehicle and I are thrown around with high winds. I achieved 40 MPG combined city and highway on the first tank. The second tank was all city driving; I achieved 45 MPG by starting slowly and slowing early. Cruise control helped. After the first 1000 miles, I began driving a bit faster- taking off quicker and slowing later. The MPGs dropped a little and were closer to the 34 city and 38 highway EPA estimates. Smart doesn't offer a complimentary maintenance plan, but I love the recommended one (1) year or 10,000 mile oil changes. I have yet to need an oil change. I absolutely love driving the smart fortwo. I am considering a convertible when my lease in complete.

dodge neon

by baby from galesburg,il. | October 12, 2013

I just want a car that is nice looking according to my opinion. easy to drive and little maintence.good enough

CUTIEST MOST ATTENTION GETTING CAR IVE OWNED

by TERIBERI from RICHMOND HILL,NY | September 25, 2013

ITS A BLAST ON THE HIGHWAY AND OFF HAVING A REAL GOOD TIME . GREAT DRIVE OVERALL FOR CUMMUTING TO WORK. HAVE CAR OVER TWO WEEKS AND STILL HAVE A HALF TANK OF GAS

Great value and fun

by Fun car driver from Falls church, va | September 20, 2013

Ok here are the decisions you need to answer yes to. iIf you do say yes to each of these then get this car. Do I need a car? I want a low cost car to both buy and operate? I want low mpg and don't trust hybrids. Do I realize hybrids, although they offer great mpg, are more expensive in the long run due to higher cost of purchase and maintainable. I know the fiat 500 is a lot more expensive once I get the options I want, and the scion IQ backseat is a joke. I can get by with two seats since most of the time I could use a different car or get a ride if it's more than two folks. Two seats are OK. I hate camping and outdoors stuff. I like going to restaurants and parking easily and close. I want alloy wheels, leather, AC, a sky roof, a stereo, push, and heated seats. I prefer to have the control and fun of a manual, but when (insert name) drives it they can't drive and need an automatic. I want to always find a parking spot quickly, and hate bumping into parking garage pillars. Most of my driving is done between 10-50 mph. I only drive infrequently on long road trips or on interstates. I live near a Smart center. I don't buy Japanese. It's either USA or European for me! This one is optional but if yes a huge plus: my other car is a Mercedes. This is the car for you then if you answered yes to the above. Get the passion model with comfort package.