2003 Subaru Baja

2003 Subaru Baja

Available in 2 styles:  2003 Subaru Baja 4dr Crew Cab shown

20 city / 25 hwy

Overall

2003 Subaru Baja Sport (Turbo)

by DJ from Fort Myers, FL | May 28, 2014

I have had a man crush on this vehicle for 5 years now. The problem was the cost. Used Bajas are still going for over 8k with 200k miles on them, but that just shows how great these vehicles are. I found one in Virginia with 200k miles for a little over 4 grand so I decided I would buy it. Rebuilt the entire engine, transmission, and even turbo'd this truck for under 6k. Vehicle had no issues when I bought it and the only issue it has now is that it causes me speeding tickets from a naturally lead foot problem, but overall this truck is phenomenal. Rides smooth. Even when I bought it used the only problem the truck had was the rust on the stock rotors, and the cruise control had disconnected. Overall if you are looking for a pickup truck with great gas milage, room for 4, and great performance than you have found it here. This truck lasts forever and repairs are cheap and quick.

It's that Good

by BajaLove from Ohio | February 13, 2014

I've owned my 2003 Baja for about a year, I was super blessed to find one with low miles (53k) and super shocked at how much I needed this vehicle. I previously owned a VW beetle convertible (up keep was insanely pricy and constant) needless to say I traded it in to help cover the cost of my Baja, no tears were shed to see it go. If you are an outdoor enthusiast, or like one commenter said need a truck occasionally seriously recommend this vehicle. What is it like owning a Baja? Gas Mileage: When I keep the oil changed, new tires, and do not "gun it" I get about 400 miles to the 12.5 (or 13 gallon tank) but I gun it and am seeing about 350 for a tank, I drive mostly country roads and highway. Never use cruise control but it works nicely. The Ride: Now this is the only con but it is fixable, there is an air sound in some models where you drive and it kind of sounds like your windows are down from air suction where the door mirrors are, there is a community online called the scooby truck and there is a fix. I will not do the fix for mine because I have speakers at that part of the door. Still I could care less (test drive it on an interstate to see if this will bother you). Also, the baja may one day idle hard, this happens in some but they are built to last. Interior: I have cloth seats, love them. They have plenty of compartments to store things, I have a sunroof and no leaks (it's always good to have it checked from time to time). I store my soft tonneau cover behind the seat. Air conditioning and heater has worked quickly and efficiently. Also, I have a lot of people ask about it. I thought in getting rid of my beetle I would loose the little fun moments seeing other people with beetles and exchanging peace signs. When you see other Baja owners it's hilarious, I was chanced down in ways in a parking lot by a fellow subaru owner and had such a wonderful conversation about subarus. Subaru has defiantly earned their reputation and there is a reason they advertise Subaru Love, along with reliability there is community. And if I could I would buy a second Baja as a back up. It's that good.

cool car

by Matt from Bath Maine | January 17, 2014

roomy interior is essential. drives smooth. good handling. fun to drive. could use some more storage for my knickknacks.

Just a FUN truck?

by Baja Buddy from Northern MI | March 23, 2013

Bought my Baja with 80,000 miles. Went through and changed all of the fluids just to be safe. I'm amazed at where this thing will go. I have an Outback also and it's nice when you have something a bit too big (or dirty) to put in the Outback. The "switchback" door allows me to haul 8 ft. lumber. I've got the Ozz Bros toneau cover and want a bed extender. I like the looks and versitility the Baja offers. Wish they would start making them again.

The perfect "occasional" vehicle

by Baja in Florida from Jacksonville, FL | November 22, 2011

The Baja is a good option for those that occasionally need a truck (my wife and I load up our bikes in the back on the weekend, and every now and then to haul the extra big box that wouldn't fit in her trunk)... its great when you occasionally need a 4WD (I'm in Florida and its good at the beach or in bad weather)... and its nice to have 4 doors for that occasional 3rd or 4th person; and I fold down the back seats and convert to a cargo area to haul my golf clubs to the course... The styling of the vehicle is unique - not for everyone but I've always liked it... It's extremely reliable and mine still looks as good today as when it came off the showroom.

BEST ALL ROUND CAR I EVER OWNED

by HAPPY from HOPEWELL JUNCTION NY | April 2, 2011

BEST ALL ROUND CAR I EVER OWNED. GOT ME TO WORK IN ALL KINDS OF WEATHER. AT A GOOD PRICE. 25 MILES PLUS AT A GAL. OF GAS.

good car so far

by gskibop from phila,pa | July 22, 2010

good car so far w 450000 miles but keep hearing about head gaskets problems lets c when we get to 1000000 miles

I'm in Love

by Brody Baja from Canandaigua, N.Y. | November 19, 2008

I just purchased my Baja from a friend . She purchased another used Baja.It has 100,000 miles. It handles great and I just drove it in our first winter storm. I live in Upstate N.Y. It did great. I truly enjoy driving it.I hope with loving care, I can drive it another 200,000 miles.

2003 Baja

by outdoors101 from | November 9, 2008

I am a proud owner of a 2003 Baja. It has been an amazing car. I have been the only owner and made minimal repairs. I have carried a canoe and gazebo weighing 900 lbs in this vehicle. I would definatly recommend this car to anyone.

I love this Truck, but Subaru missed out.

by dave from 22624 | October 30, 2007

They should bring it back. They just need to ad some extras. Also market it better. If they had the limited version like the outback, then they would have sold a lot more. Also an optional cap.

Featured Services for this Subaru Baja