The Subaru BRZ is a lightweight, rear-wheel-drive sports coupe with a four-cylinder engine. It's not a traditional offering from Subaru, which on every other model includes all-wheel drive and four doors. The BRZ was developed with Toyota, whose product from the partnership is the similar Scion FR-S. The BRZ competes with the Hyundai Genesis Coupe and Mazda MX-5 Miata.
New for 2015
There is a new limited-edition Series.Blue version of the BRZ. Only 1,000 will be sold in the U.S. — 500 painted blue and 500 painted white. The Series.Blue comes with a manual transmission only, and features aerodynamic modifications, black-painted 17-inch wheels, red brake calipers, blue leather seat bolsters and blue accent stitching.
The 2015 BRZ also gets revised shocks for improved handling, according to Subaru, and larger exhaust outlets.
Below is a list of highlighted features and not an exhaustive list. Features are standard unless otherwise noted.
- 17-inch alloy wheels with summer tires
- Aluminum hood
- Automatic high-intensity-discharge headlights
- Dual exhaust outlets
- Available fog lights
- Available trunk lid spoiler
- Seats four
- Front sport seats finished in cloth; Alcantara inserts and leather-covered side bolsters available
- Folding rear seat
- Tilt/telescoping leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Air conditioning; available dual-zone automatic climate control
- CD stereo with MP3 jack and iPod connectivity
- Bluetooth with streaming audio capability
- Touch-screen navigation system with 6.1-inch screen
- Available keyless access with push-button start
Under the Hood
- 200-horsepower, 2.0-liter horizontally opposed four-cylinder engine
- Six-speed manual transmission; available six-speed automatic with paddle shifters on the steering wheel
- Rear-wheel drive
- Limited-slip differential
- Required in every new car: front airbags, antilock brakes and an electronic stability system
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2015 Subaru BRZ.