2011 Subaru Forester

Available in 6 styles:  2011 Subaru Forester 4dr AWD shown

Overall

BEWARE!!!!

by Roman from Cleveland, OH | January 13, 2016

I own a 2011 Subaru Forrester Limited. I did my research and thought I would driving this vehicle until 200k at least. I change my oil religiously and exceed factory recommendations of every 6500 miles by changing on average every 4900. Factory specs call for full synthetic, so it's not cheap. After 147,000 I have been told by the dealer that I need a new small block replacement with an estimated cost of $8000. This vehicle burns oil like no ones business. It also appears that Subaru is aware of the problem and says nothing to their customers.

Forrester or Bust

by That one guy who bought a subaru from Castle Rock, Co | October 1, 2015

I love this car. I bought it for the fiancé, who had a 2001 Subi Forrester that would honestly run until the wheels fell off. The "newer" 2011 we purchased has it all, comfort, style, power... Everything. Living here in Colorado, we need a snow handling ride, and so far Forrester is answer the call, and kickin butt.

Subaru is the way to go!

by Lucy from Cornwall, NY | August 28, 2013

I recently bought my Subaru Forrester from Sarinsky's Fine Cars in New Windsor, NY and couldn't be happier. Dave and Anthony were great to deal with and sold me a very reliable car. I have been driving my car from Orange County to Westchester County for work since January and have not had one issue with my Subaru. It has great gas mileage, a smooth drive, and is great in snow or any other bad weather. This car has an amazing amount of storage and great visibility. I was very happy with where I got my car and will be buying my next car from Sarinsky's Fine Cars in the near future.

1st subaru

by subaru enthuisuast from | December 7, 2012

I have owned many cars, from porsche to mercedes and honda's to mercury's. this car was a true value with excellent reliability. it willl never have the horsepower that many of my other cars had but its sufficient. it handles well and while some reviewers think the brakes are a little slow I haven't found that to be the case.

most important factor was AWD

by determined from massachusetts | November 30, 2012

We knew what we wanted after test driving a new Subaru Forester for it drove like a sedan and had all the options we wanted on the subaru premium model. It had heated seats,AWD, blue tooth,ac, power seats,power moonroof etc. Thanks to Cars.com I was able to search within 100 miles all used vehicles of this particular model. Great tool for finding the vehicle of your choice.

2011 Forester- Exceptional Value

by Reston Jim from Reston Va | April 17, 2012

Besides the BEST crash rating, superior resale and reliability ratings, 2011 Forester is a smart family value. 24 avg MPG,I've reached up to 28 on all hwy. Astounding storage capability in it's market group, the AWD, Bluetooth is made to last 15 years. Fantastic car-like ride and easy manuvering and visability are my favorite features.

subrjunk

by cnoevil from ohio | January 26, 2012

just got a 2011 subaru forester , looks like a 10 yr old designed the interior handles like a wet bar of soap and the sales people lied about gas mileage this thing is junk junk junk can't wait to wreck it on a deer or tree , don't buy this model feels like its gonna roll over just pulling in the driveway, way overpriced for what your getting

Great Bang for the Buck

by Cliffc from Pittsburgh, Pa | January 2, 2012

I needed a small SUV or station wagon. I wanted to go to AWD as I am getting too old to get stuck in the snow. I typically keep a car 10+years and 100,000++ miles and I like to drive stick. The Forester is a good fit. Great visibility, comfortable. The sitck shift needs a kind of a truck clunk.. clunk kind of approach - you can't just pop it gear to gear but with a little diliberation it shifts fine. This is not a road racer or drag strip deamon but it's fine on the highway, between stop lights. Fit and finish are very good. Actually cheaper than the PT Cruiser it replaced -twice the car. While it can negotiate terrain, it's not an off the road vehicle. Getting a steady 21+ mpg around town. Radio is more than adequate but not premium (this was a very basic car in the Forester line). Still came with power windows and locks. Steers and brakes well. The AWD, antiskid and Traction Control all seem to be fine. Thought I was being clever buying the car and as I look around and see how many are on the road I've decided I was a little late getting into a good thing

Good value for money

by MC from Colorado | December 26, 2011

Not a BMW X5 but reliable, versatile, good in the wet and snow. The Premium package is well worth the additional expense and glad I upgraded.

perfect

by Abzats from Calgary, AB | December 18, 2011

Main reason I bought a Forester is that it has both - top safety and top reliablity ratings. In this class only CRV was at this level. Forester drives very well, with maximum confidence on snow roads. It has an automatic transmission, but if you want more control - you can switch to a sport mode and change gears manually. I like the modest size of the car. On the other hand, it is big enough for all my needs and has a generous cargo space with the back seats down. I have been driving it for 12 months, and have not had any problems.