2011 Subaru Forester

2011 Subaru Forester

Available in 6 styles:  2011 Subaru Forester 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Subaru is the way to go!

by Lucy from Cornwall, NY | August 28, 2013

I recently bought my Subaru Forrester from Sarinsky's Fine Cars in New Windsor, NY and couldn't be happier. Dave and Anthony were great to deal with and sold me a very reliable car. I have been driving my car from Orange County to Westchester County for work since January and have not had one issue with my Subaru. It has great gas mileage, a smooth drive, and is great in snow or any other bad weather. This car has an amazing amount of storage and great visibility. I was very happy with where I got my car and will be buying my next car from Sarinsky's Fine Cars in the near future.

1st subaru

by subaru enthuisuast from | December 7, 2012

I have owned many cars, from porsche to mercedes and honda's to mercury's. this car was a true value with excellent reliability. it willl never have the horsepower that many of my other cars had but its sufficient. it handles well and while some reviewers think the brakes are a little slow I haven't found that to be the case.

most important factor was AWD

by determined from massachusetts | November 30, 2012

We knew what we wanted after test driving a new Subaru Forester for it drove like a sedan and had all the options we wanted on the subaru premium model. It had heated seats,AWD, blue tooth,ac, power seats,power moonroof etc. Thanks to Cars.com I was able to search within 100 miles all used vehicles of this particular model. Great tool for finding the vehicle of your choice.

2011 Forester- Exceptional Value

by Reston Jim from Reston Va | April 17, 2012

Besides the BEST crash rating, superior resale and reliability ratings, 2011 Forester is a smart family value. 24 avg MPG,I've reached up to 28 on all hwy. Astounding storage capability in it's market group, the AWD, Bluetooth is made to last 15 years. Fantastic car-like ride and easy manuvering and visability are my favorite features.

subrjunk

by cnoevil from ohio | January 26, 2012

just got a 2011 subaru forester , looks like a 10 yr old designed the interior handles like a wet bar of soap and the sales people lied about gas mileage this thing is junk junk junk can't wait to wreck it on a deer or tree , don't buy this model feels like its gonna roll over just pulling in the driveway, way overpriced for what your getting

Great Bang for the Buck

by Cliffc from Pittsburgh, Pa | January 2, 2012

I needed a small SUV or station wagon. I wanted to go to AWD as I am getting too old to get stuck in the snow. I typically keep a car 10+years and 100,000++ miles and I like to drive stick. The Forester is a good fit. Great visibility, comfortable. The sitck shift needs a kind of a truck clunk.. clunk kind of approach - you can't just pop it gear to gear but with a little diliberation it shifts fine. This is not a road racer or drag strip deamon but it's fine on the highway, between stop lights. Fit and finish are very good. Actually cheaper than the PT Cruiser it replaced -twice the car. While it can negotiate terrain, it's not an off the road vehicle. Getting a steady 21+ mpg around town. Radio is more than adequate but not premium (this was a very basic car in the Forester line). Still came with power windows and locks. Steers and brakes well. The AWD, antiskid and Traction Control all seem to be fine. Thought I was being clever buying the car and as I look around and see how many are on the road I've decided I was a little late getting into a good thing

Good value for money

by MC from Colorado | December 26, 2011

Not a BMW X5 but reliable, versatile, good in the wet and snow. The Premium package is well worth the additional expense and glad I upgraded.

perfect

by Abzats from Calgary, AB | December 18, 2011

Main reason I bought a Forester is that it has both - top safety and top reliablity ratings. In this class only CRV was at this level. Forester drives very well, with maximum confidence on snow roads. It has an automatic transmission, but if you want more control - you can switch to a sport mode and change gears manually. I like the modest size of the car. On the other hand, it is big enough for all my needs and has a generous cargo space with the back seats down. I have been driving it for 12 months, and have not had any problems.

Very solid all around vehicle

by Exploring from Denver, CO | December 12, 2011

I purchased my first new car last year the 2011 Subaru Forester. I love this ride! It handles very nicely on these Colorado mountain roads and the snow doesn't faze it. For its class the fuel efficiency is solid. It is very comfortable for a taller person and has better ground clearance than some jeeps for off roading (doesn't have skid plates so don't go crazy). Overall I am very happy with this purchase, it seems to be holding its value very well too! I recommend you go for it if you are considering this vehicle.

Great practical car

by Curtis from Hampton Roads | December 5, 2011

2011 Forester Premium with All Weax Pkg: Excellent visibility and ride. Drives great. While it is definitely not a race car, it performs well around town and has plenty of power to get onto the freeway in traffic. The combination of visibility and tight turning radius make it EXTREMELY maneuverable in a parking lot. Fuel economy is good (~22-26) and cargo room is fantastic. Seats are supportive and reasonably comfortable, though not plush. Interior is somewhat quiet on the highway and over bumps. All weax pkg adds heated seats which are very nice (also adds heated mirrors and heated windshield wipers). Ample rear legroom and reclining rear seats (recline about 15 degrees) allow a comfortable resting position for long trips. Interior fit and finish is excellent, though materials (including seat cloth) are definitely not high-end. Styling gets a lot of looks. I don't have the "auto headlamps" option but can leave the standard headlights on continuously, they automatically shut off whenever the remote key fob is used to lock the doors. The standard bluetooth is easy to sync with an iPhone, and allows bluetooth music streaming from the iPhone without hooking up the charging/sync cord to the stereo. Factory stereo is very poor on radio, but is noticeably better with iPod/iPhone music streaming. Bluetooth speaker phone works well and gives a clear call on both ends. 4 spd auto transmission works well enough, but a 5 or 6 speed would definitely be an improvement. I spent $500 to buy another matching wheel and tire, so I don't have to short out the AWD system (as per owner's manual) if I ever need to run the factory spare tire. A full-size wheel and tire fits into the spare tire well without disturbing the cargo area or the placement of the cargo tray. One thing I have noticed is that this car does "catch the wind" - it gets blown around more than many other cars I've driven. Overall, I would definitely recommend this car to others. The combination of safety, options, and reliability would be very tough to beat in this price point.