2014 Subaru Forester

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Love my brand new car

by mamallama from Baltimore , MD | April 15, 2014

Since this is a new car, I can't speak to mileage or durability yet, but I fully expect it to excel in both. So far, I love everything about it except that there is no place for my pocketbook. The seat adjustments are great, the back up camera is great, the bluetooth is great, visibility throughout the car is great. It's an excellent car!

Best Made Car We've Owned

by Super Senior from Atlanta GA | April 8, 2014

We compared the Mazda and Honda small SUV'S and this one exceeded them all. Very comfortable seats, terrific window views, especially the rear back window for seeing objects as you back up and for on-coming traffic. It also has a very peppy engine, great turning ratio and very economical gas mileage (30 +/gal). We've owned it for 30 days are really glad we purchased the Subaru Forester. This is our first Subaru but it won't be our last.

My 2nd Forester

by Safety First from Canyon Country, CA | April 1, 2014

I own a 2001 forester with 257K + miles on it. It is still on the road. I use it as a work car. Just bought a new 2014 of the same model. We love the new Subaru. It's larger interior makes for a more pleasurable driving experience. With the optional sun roof it gives you the fun of the outdoors without the trouble of a rag top. The 4 wheel disk brake system is big improvement over the rear drums of the older model. It stops on a dime. The digital read out on the dash is slightly cumbersome to set. It takes some study and not very intuitive. The gas mileage is good from the get go. But slightly below what is advertised. Overall I love the car.

The Only Vehicle for Mountain Driving

by Mountain Fotoman from Running Springs California | March 31, 2014

Since I live in the San Bernardino mountains with snow, ice and foggy driving conditions a four wheel vehicle is a must. My 2014 Subaru Forester is the perfect vehicle for me. It is big enough to carry my photographic equipment in any driving condition and economical too as it gets over 30 miles to the gallon. The Subaru Forester pricing is a great value as you get as standard in the Limited model off the Forester heated leather seats, fog lights, heated side mirrors and windshield wiper holder along with power windows s=driver seat moon roof etc. I highly recommend this vehicle to anybody who wants a all weather vehicle and a realistic price.

Fourth family member to own a Subaru, a second car

by Retired but high mileage driver from Palm Springs, CA | March 26, 2014

So far in 2000 miles we are quite happy. We were disappointed at the small selection of models the dealer had in stock and more disappointed at the lack of a discount. We wanted an Outback but the Forrester was far better equipped (we wanted a fairly "loaded" model" ) bit still settled for one without Sirius (our Mercedes has it all). But it will be a good "grocery car" and is very well suited for in-town running. Very happy with the purchase and the Forrester is much improved from the past models, and quite acceptable.

No parts

by Chief from Werstchester, NY | March 17, 2014

The car purchased in November ran cold with little heat. Repeated visits to the dealer resulted in a "specialist" determining that the thermostat needed replacement. After waiting for the part, the thermostat was replaced. The car now has heat. The supply system for Subaru has tuned into a quagmire.

It's a Subie! Enough said!

by Loyal Subaru Owner from Virginia | March 9, 2014

I own a 2001 Forester which my son uses as a daily driver so I decided to get a second one when the 2014 won the Motortrend SUV of the year. This car is basic in design with excellent exterior styling. The interior is very basic which is a plus to me because there are not 50 switches to push just to get the radio to work. Overall, with the 5star crash rating and Rock solid Subaru AWD system, this is a phenomenal car which will be in my family for a very long time.

Value for money

by Anupam from Dublin, CA | March 7, 2014

We test drove CR-V, RAV4, CX5 & Forester. Finally we went for forester Limited version with Option 1, Popular package 2. It's really best value for money. Best part is high safety, great rear view, simple controls, mileage, cabin room, all wheel drive & high ground clearance. More over shape of 2014 forester is great. Other cars looked strange.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Still brand new to us.

by Boater from Pollock, Idaho | March 5, 2014

Lots of computerized features that seem like overkill to someone whose last new truck was 2005. Love the all-wheel drive for the slushy , icy and snowy roads we have had lately. We had had an 02 Forester several years ago, and this one is so much more comfortable and larger. So far,(500 miles ) we have been getting 27 miles per gallon.

Buy it!

by Love my Suba-blue! from Indianapolis, IN | March 4, 2014

Really great handling and logical placement of controls. Sight lines are perfect, I can see everything. Great ride, great gas mileage, great for my dogs. I cannot imagine driving anything else.