2014 Subaru Forester

See Photos & Videos

Overall

First Time Subaru Owner

by Amy from Logan, UT | April 21, 2014

This is my very first Subaru and I love it. Some of my favorite features are the CVT, back up camera and the huge sun roof. It runs great, very smooth and quiet. Gets great gas mileage, couldn't be happier.

Subaru Knows How to Build to Last!

by I Luv My Subaru from Lexington, KY | April 15, 2014

This car has SPUNK & responds very well! It corners like a dream. The only things I would like that it doesn't have are easier stereo controls; keyless entry/start; and, seats that are cushier (but then I'd fall asleep). I liked the Subaru back in the 70s when it first hit America & I like it still--it has a lasting power that you don't find in most cars today!

Love my brand new car

by mamallama from Baltimore , MD | April 15, 2014

Since this is a new car, I can't speak to mileage or durability yet, but I fully expect it to excel in both. So far, I love everything about it except that there is no place for my pocketbook. The seat adjustments are great, the back up camera is great, the bluetooth is great, visibility throughout the car is great. It's an excellent car!

Most comfortable car I've owned

by New to SUV Market from Redlands, CA | April 15, 2014

Let's talk about lumbar support. Once my husband and I started having back problems, good seats with good lumbar support became important. The driver's seat has adjustable lumbar support (in addition to 9 other adjusts). While the passenger's side isn't 10-way adjustable, it still features good lumbar support. The back seats recline as well. The seat warmers are closer to the lower back, rather than the actual seat or upper back, so it functions like a heating pad. Seat warmers are standard on all versions except the basic. While the exterior is nothing to write home about, the interior functions well and is clearly designed for the driver. For example, the latch for the glove box is off-center towards the driver to make it easier for the driver to reach. The moon roof (standard on all models) is large so the passengers in the back seat can enjoy it. The car has "pep" and handles really well. The turning radius is incredible for an SUV. I can easily make a U-turn on my street without having to do a three-point (and my street is narrow, having been built pre-1940s). Gas mileage is as advertised. Absolutely no complaints about this car.

Best Made Car We've Owned

by Super Senior from Atlanta GA | April 8, 2014

We compared the Mazda and Honda small SUV'S and this one exceeded them all. Very comfortable seats, terrific window views, especially the rear back window for seeing objects as you back up and for on-coming traffic. It also has a very peppy engine, great turning ratio and very economical gas mileage (30 +/gal). We've owned it for 30 days are really glad we purchased the Subaru Forester. This is our first Subaru but it won't be our last.

My 2nd Forester

by Safety First from Canyon Country, CA | April 1, 2014

I own a 2001 forester with 257K + miles on it. It is still on the road. I use it as a work car. Just bought a new 2014 of the same model. We love the new Subaru. It's larger interior makes for a more pleasurable driving experience. With the optional sun roof it gives you the fun of the outdoors without the trouble of a rag top. The 4 wheel disk brake system is big improvement over the rear drums of the older model. It stops on a dime. The digital read out on the dash is slightly cumbersome to set. It takes some study and not very intuitive. The gas mileage is good from the get go. But slightly below what is advertised. Overall I love the car.

The Only Vehicle for Mountain Driving

by Mountain Fotoman from Running Springs California | March 31, 2014

Since I live in the San Bernardino mountains with snow, ice and foggy driving conditions a four wheel vehicle is a must. My 2014 Subaru Forester is the perfect vehicle for me. It is big enough to carry my photographic equipment in any driving condition and economical too as it gets over 30 miles to the gallon. The Subaru Forester pricing is a great value as you get as standard in the Limited model off the Forester heated leather seats, fog lights, heated side mirrors and windshield wiper holder along with power windows s=driver seat moon roof etc. I highly recommend this vehicle to anybody who wants a all weather vehicle and a realistic price.

Fourth family member to own a Subaru, a second car

by Retired but high mileage driver from Palm Springs, CA | March 26, 2014

So far in 2000 miles we are quite happy. We were disappointed at the small selection of models the dealer had in stock and more disappointed at the lack of a discount. We wanted an Outback but the Forrester was far better equipped (we wanted a fairly "loaded" model" ) bit still settled for one without Sirius (our Mercedes has it all). But it will be a good "grocery car" and is very well suited for in-town running. Very happy with the purchase and the Forrester is much improved from the past models, and quite acceptable.

No parts

by Chief from Werstchester, NY | March 17, 2014

The car purchased in November ran cold with little heat. Repeated visits to the dealer resulted in a "specialist" determining that the thermostat needed replacement. After waiting for the part, the thermostat was replaced. The car now has heat. The supply system for Subaru has tuned into a quagmire.

It's a Subie! Enough said!

by Loyal Subaru Owner from Virginia | March 9, 2014

I own a 2001 Forester which my son uses as a daily driver so I decided to get a second one when the 2014 won the Motortrend SUV of the year. This car is basic in design with excellent exterior styling. The interior is very basic which is a plus to me because there are not 50 switches to push just to get the radio to work. Overall, with the 5star crash rating and Rock solid Subaru AWD system, this is a phenomenal car which will be in my family for a very long time.