2014 Subaru Forester

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Subaru Boo Hoo

by Kboy111 from Columbus, Ohio | July 30, 2014

I purchased this vehicle for my Mother because that was what she wanted. It got great reviews and Consumer Reports drooled all over it. I drove one, and for a little 4 cylinder with great mileage, it was very peppy. The CVT I, I think, gives it the mileage and acceleration it has relative to its size. It has substantial road noise on the highway(why don't companies put noise-dampening material in the wheel wells?). Overall, I quite liked it. Now the bad.; after purchasing, I find out there is a law suit against Subaru complaining of excessive oil-burning in the engine. Oil is getting past the rings and can cause damage to the o2 sensors and catalytic converter.Because of this I cannot recommend this vehicle.

Best purchase I've ever made!

by The Best! from Webster, NY | July 18, 2014

I've only had my Subaru Forester a month and I'm so happy with it! It is a very peppy car. Very smooth riding. Love all the features. Lots of storage space. I've been looking for a year for this car. They are in high demand. Found it on cars.com. It's great to have the fog lights for night time driving. Sun roof for sunny days is a great feature. Totally love it!

Almost Perfect

by BillPosters from Cleveland OH | July 7, 2014

I've had my 2014 Forester for almost a year now. Subaru has gotten most of the basics right: peppy performance, fun and safe to drive (especially in winter), great gas mileage, fantastic visibility, and an upgraded transmission (now CVT vs a 4-speed automatic in previous versions). Unlike some other Subaru models, the Forester has a manual rather than an electronic parking brake - - a big plus, in my opinion. Biggest disappointment: the navigation and backup camera screens are so tiny they are nearly unusable. Combined with a navigation system that is cumbersome and difficult to use, I generally use my iPhone for navigation. Also, the voice commands for using the bluetooth phone are non-intuitive and finicky, and the speed dial is unnecessarily difficult to access. If Subaru would increase the size of the navigation and backup screens, upgrade and simplify the navigation and bluetooth systems, and get rid of the power rear lift gate (mine has failed several times), this car gets five stars.

Great Car

by East Coast Mike from Omaha, NE | June 26, 2014

I bought a 2014 Forester Limited with Eye Sight and Navagation. Everything I wanted in a car, this has, and then some. Comfortable, roomy, tight fit and finish, and just a fun car to drive. Had it for over a year, the the only issue was a small bracket lever on the sunroof decided to stop working and raise the air dam. No big deal, it was winter anyway! Good gas mileage when you keep it at 55-60mph, but where do you find those road? Get around 29mpg on the interstate doing 70mph. Just a really nice car!

I'm doggone sure, Subaru paid for this to be rated

by 350 miles a day from Texas | June 19, 2014

I bought my 2014 in late January of this year. It is by far, bar none the most uncomfortable car I have ever driven on highways, country roads and brand new just got redone roads. It hates curves. I live in an area with hills and snake curves. Never understood how people hit guard rails before this vehicle, now I get it.. I know how to drive into a curve, been doing it for years. This thing slides almost like it's hydroplaning. Comfort, I haven't found a seat position in this vehicle that doesn't make my back hurt within 20 miles. Is it safe, yes. I have a great deal with my insurance company because of it's safety rating. Is Subaru helpful, pretty much NO! The dealership finally listened to me about my hood flapping around. Turns out it really did need to be tightened. Customer service with Subaru through their 800 number is laughable. My dealership isn't much better. Would I recommend this car to anyone? Not on your life.

Heating and A/C problems

by Back to the Dealer from Westchester, NY | June 3, 2014

Purchased the car in the fall of 2013. When the cold weather came there was mediocre heat and limited defrosting. Returned to the dealer several times before they contacted SOA. SOA stated that there was a replacement thermostat to solve the problem. Now its warm and the A/C doesn't work in traffic or at idle while in gear. Several visits to the dealer has now resulted in the dealer replacing the compressor. We will see if this works. The quality of the interior is unremarkable with unfinished areas. This is my 5th Subaru and 4th purchased new. It will, most likely, be my last.

Most Reliable Car We've Owned

by Fran from Beverly, MA | May 29, 2014

Bought this car from IRA Danvers and Maria S. was our salesperson. We were interested in the Subaru Forester due to it's consumer reports rating of safety and reliability. It is everything that has been written about it. Maria was great as was the entire IRA Subaru staff. For once it was a pleasure buying experience. The entire staff was truly excited for us, including Mike, the finance guru. So happy with our purchase.

great handling

by Red from greenville, nc | May 16, 2014

I got this car because of it's safety record and great ratings for a small SUV in consumer reports. Nice drive, pep, comfortable, handles great.

oil burner

by john from | May 16, 2014

Buyers Beware ! Constantly using oil between changes serviced every 5000 miles at Subaru dealer. Car is not abused. I buy extra oil at dealer to keep it full until next service. I constantly complain to dealer they tell me it's normal consumption they tell me some 2.5's consume oil and some don't. How can that be? Very disappointed. Will not buy another Subaru !

Worst Forester out of 4

by Steve from Richmond, Va | May 15, 2014

This is my 4th Forester. The worst one. The steering is electric, not hydraulic. Provides very little feedback. Feels numb. The seats are stiff, the bottom doesn't tilt enough. The dashboard isn't centered in front of the steering wheel. I have a perfect view of the tach, the speedometer is hidden by my hand. Why no gauges? The odometer and gas gauge are hopeless. I have 16K miles and plan to trade before 20K. My last Forester was a dream car - I should have kept it.