2015 Subaru Forester

Starting MSRP

Overall

Ready for the snow

by Another Subaru story from Hicksville | October 20, 2014

I recently purchased a Forester. I became interested in the Subaru Forester after hearing the commercials and reading reviews and decided to do a test drive. I loved how the car drove compared to other SUVs. I traded in my old car for the Forester and was concerned that I was downgrading but so far I am very happy with my decision and while I wasn't overjoyed with the interior design or seat color I think the pros out weigh the cons in this car. It handles very well and I feel connected to the car when I am driving it. I have not mastered the back up camera yet but I am sure I will love it soon.

Best Decision On A New Car I've Ever Made

by JJ from Carrollton, VA | October 14, 2014

This is the fifth new car I have bought for my family or myself, and I am very happy with my decision. I am consistently getter better than predicted gas mileage for my daily commute. My kids love the back seat room (I have 3 so all the seats are full when the family travels). They always want to take "Daddy's Car" instead of the minivan! The features for the money paid are an excellent value (I have the 2.5i Premium with MT, which comes standard with the All Weather Package). Although I am currently leasing the car, I am very seriously considering converting to a purchase, since I don't think I'll want to give the car up when my lease is over.

2015 Forester

by Buffalo Bob from Northern VA | September 28, 2014

The 2015 Subaru Forester has everything my wife wanted except for one item, which caused her to not want me to buy the car for her. The back up camera display screen was too small for her to easily see the image. It may sound like a low order problem but with one exception: buying a car with a back up camera was what started the effort to buy another Subaru in the first place. Her 2012 Subaru Legacy is perfect in all respects, except it does not have a backup camera. She decided to continue driving the Legacy and spend the money on a cruise to Aus/New Zealand this Jan.

New Forester purchase

by Retired Engineer from Volga, S.dak. | September 18, 2014

I spent more time considering the purchase than I have ever done previously. First, I studied new car rating with particular emphasis on smaller SUVs. The Forester stood out over all others. Secondly, I talked to other Subaru owners: 1. A real estate Agent (Forester) 2. A auto insurance executive ( 2 Legacies) 3. A Druggist that has a dayiy commute of nearly 50 miles. (outback). All owners praised their Subarus highly and recommended them unconditionally I also researched new car prices and went to the Blue book to learn the market value of my trade-in. I'm satisfied that all my research was profitable and that I got the best deal on a good, dependable Auto

L mode deficiency

by southbaydriver from Washington state | September 8, 2014

I have been driving for 60 years in all kinds of cars and light trucks. The 2015 Forester 2.5i Limited is the first vehicle I have ever owned or driven in which you cannot downshift effectively. Going downhill it is like a broken 1960 Buick--gravity prevails. The L mode works only at slow speeds and gentle slopes. Worthless! Those of us who live where there are hills, mountains and inclement weather need to able to downshift for safety and control. This car is not really a Subaru – it is a pretender and a huge disappointment. The salesman did not mention the deficiencies of the L-mode.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

A Happy Wife

by Lucy from Navasota, Tx | September 1, 2014

We bought a Subaru Forester about 4 weeks ago. My wife was pushing for a luxury vehicle because she has had 5 in the past. That was all I heard while we looked for a new vehicle. I selected a Subaru for several reasons. First, its safety record, and second was customer satisfaction, and third price. I looked it up on the internet using several sights and found it was the top in all categories in its class. Well my wife drove it for 4 weeks and I asked the question. Is the Forester going to work out for you? She said she loved the car and said it handled better then anything she has driven. She did say the road noise is more then the luxury car but not enough to make her want to give it up.

Great all around vehicle

by New subie owner from California | August 28, 2014

Planned to buy outback but after test driving forester my wife and I chose the forester. Very practical around town navigating tight spots.

Subaru Forester ... Again

by Birdie10 from Ohio | August 19, 2014

After owning a Forester for 12 years, I didn't need a lot of convincing. The car is reliable, well built, not full of unnecessary features. Visibility is great, it drives with more pep than my old model, turning radius is also improved. I feel safety is great in all ways, visibility, back up camera, all wheel control, ABS breaks and the solid body. They could include fish-eye side mirrors so you can see the car next to you, there is a big blind spot there. I wish they had added more comfortable seats, that was a complaint I had with the old one, too, and it still rides like a bumpy little truck. The mileage is just about what they predict. The dealers say the automatic gets better mileage than the manual, not sure I believe it and kind of wanted to drive that nifty 6-speed manual transmission, but I decided to act my age, since I expect to keep it until 2030.

Great motorhome tow behind!

by Motorhome guru from gulf coast Florida | August 16, 2014

We purchased our 2.5 Premium 6 speed manual to tow behind a motorhome and use as an extra car. All in all a great car for the money. With 3000 miles so far we have averaged 30 MPG. The safety record and overall quality is icing on the cake!

Most reliable car I've opened.

by Forester gal from Hyannis,Ma | August 16, 2014

The Ride is very quiet and comfortable and the steering Is very responsive . There is no road noise when driving .