2015 Subaru Forester

2015 Subaru Forester
Available in 6 styles:  2015 Subaru Forester 4dr AWD shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

this is a good car for family travel

by Subaru lover from Miami | May 25, 2015

perfect car, spacious comfortable and reliable. However the Bluetooth for the phone book to make hand free calls is not sink with the names in your phone book but only the numbers.

BUY IT, BUT WHATEVER YOU DO, SKIP THE AUTOMATIC

by Gonzopab from FL | May 24, 2015

Even though I'm giving it a recommendation, this is only for the manual transmission. I had a 2013 with a normal automatic transmission and it performed fine, even though it used a lot of oil. Traded it for a 2015 and made the mistake of getting the CVT transmission. The car bucked/hesitated from day one. Dealer said this was normal to CVT's but I have found this not to be the case with others. My CVT auto transmission would hesitate badly and bucked all the time. Even passenger would notice and ask about this. It also had what I call a delay in acceleration. Sometimes if I pressed the accelerator to move out fast, it would just sit there for a couple of seconds before responding. This was annoying and I believe a safety issue. Anyway, afte 18 months of this. I gave up on it. People told me that the transmission needed to warm up...what? Never had a car that needed this, and anyways, even after warm I would still buck. I like Subaru's, but until they fix the transmission issues, will not consider getting another. My recommendation, want one? Get a manual transmission. Skip the CVT at all cost.

2015 Subaru Forester Premium

by Longdriver from Georgia | May 20, 2015

This is my 3rd Subaru Forester: 2005, 2010 and now 2015. I varied the speed to break it in the first 1000 miles, following the owner's manual recommendations, didn't exceed 3000 rpm and subsequently drove the car halfway across the country and back (about 2000 miles), getting around 33 mpg. It didn't use a drop of oil and was quiet and comfortable, with improved insulation from the 2010. The CVT transmission shifts smoothly and is responsive in hilly terrain. Very pleased with the Forester, a responsive, safe and practical vehicle.

Exceeds Expectations

by North Fork Lady from Southold, NY | May 9, 2015

From the smooth, solid ride, to the stylish design, my second Subaru not only met but exceeded my expectations. I purchased a 6 speed manual transmission this time, having driven only one automatic in my 25+ years of driving....and that was my first Subaru - a 2009 Forester. Getting into the rhythm of a standard shift again took about 30 seconds with the 2015 Forester and I'm really enjoying it. The seats are much more comfortable and the handling is excellent. The backup camera is a fun new accessory for me, but a great safety feature. If the 2015 handles snow and ice like my 2009 did (meaning...exceptionally well) then I have no worries when the next blizzard strikes. Great job, Subaru!

BEST CAR I EVER BROUGHT

by Rosewood from Smithtown, New York | May 9, 2015

The honeymoon, had the car for six months now and just plain love everything about it. Gets great gas mileage, has good power and the all wheel drive just keeps you moving forward. Even the buying process was great at East hills Subaru in Roslyn, my salesman Norris Capobianco was the best, no pushy sales people there. They were all very friendly and helpful. I would recommend them to my family and friends for sure.

by KJ from Prescott Valley, AZ | May 4, 2015

This is a follow-up review to my earlier review. I have now owned my new Forester for nearly 5 months now. One problem that hasn't been resolved is numerous rattles in the dash. After 2 visits to my dealer, pulling apart the dash, several calls to Subaru Corp, I continue to have very irritating dash noises. This is very concerning to me since my car has under 7k miles and it rattles like a car with many more miles on it; totally unacceptable. The dealer indicated to me they have had many problems with rattles such as mine. Another issue was the rear view mirror moving by itself into a lower position. After 2 days of driving the mirror is nearly impossible to see out the back window. The dealer fixed that problem. Aside from rattles, etc. my Forester still drives great. Like other reviews the seats are a bit uncomfortable. It took me several weeks to finally get them adjusted just right. This SUV is fun to drive, has super great visibility, easy to get in and out off, and is a great road-trip car. Got to drive it once in slushy snow and it did great. Will have to wait until next winter to experience a big snow storm to truly test out the AWD. I find the steering in the Forester to be very tight, which helps on windy days for the car can get pushed during a side wind. For all practical and safety reasons the Subaru Forester offers great value and security, especially when paired with the Eye Sight cameras.

36 months to go!

by Florida bound vehicle from Amherst, NY | May 1, 2015

Looking forward to many years of dependable, reliable, and comfortable transportation. Great leg rooms and easy to get in and out of. Will recommend the Subaru Forester to my friends and relatives.

Subaru vs Rav 4

by former Rav 4 owner from dubuque ia | April 28, 2015

After enjoying my Rav 4 for 5 yrs but not enjoying the customer service in the local Toyota Dealership, I went Subaru. It has a little smaller cargo space but I am delighted with the drive, gas mileage, dealership treatment and reputation of Subaru using environmentally sound practices.

Wonderful!

by First SUV from Lords valley pa | April 19, 2015

I love my first SUV. I Chose A Subaru Forester and it was the perfect choice. It is the perfect size and is very stylish and comfortable.

enjoyable new vehicle

by slowdriver from wakefield ma. | April 14, 2015

enjoy this vehicle very much. never owned and suv before and for the price and options we received very reasonable priced. have only owned vehicle for 2 weeks so far so good.