2015 Subaru Forester

2015 Subaru Forester
Available in 6 styles:  2014 Subaru Forester 4dr AWD shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

The car is not bad, but I'm not satisfied

by Volodymyr from Hawaii | August 23, 2015

The car is full of great features, but there is something that dismisses them all. This email, that I've sent to subaru.com with silly hope to get a valuable answer: I have bough Forster 2015 a week ago approx. After a couple of days I've noticed that after driving ~half and hour the worm car is producing unwelcome and annoying howling, that is coming from the back. It happens at low speed ~10 m/ph. I went to my dealership. The service guy was very friendly and gave me another vehicle to test. That vehicle produced exactly the same noise. So, at this moment I understand that I'm in trouble. The dealership is not going to deal with it because most likely the car is howling "by design". This is not a first car that I bought from this dealership and I never heard anything like that in previous Outback 2013.

Our 2nd Forester the First One Was Like Family

by Salmonkev from Portland, OR | August 15, 2015

Our 2002 Forester gave up the ghost at 132,000 miles, but we got our money's worth. Advice: if the repairs cost more than the car is worth, then it's time to find another car. We knew we were going to buy another Forester. We live in the PNW and that means all kinds of harsh weather throughout the year. We get blazing heat. We gets a lot of rain. We get black ice. We get snow at times. The old Forester handled all of that and sitting in the driveway all year. So yeah, the engine, fluid systems and paint held up for 13 years and in all that abusive weather. This is my wife's car as I drive a pickup. After a great experience with the 2012 model, then seeing all the upgrades and improvements on the 2015, she never had a doubt about another one. We didn't even bother to look at other automobile brands--Subaru was it for us. Surprisingly, the maintenance schedule and estimated costs to service this model won't change much. Another benefit of Subaru. Reasonable service intervals that won't break the bank. We have middle school kids and they will be driving very soon. As was the priority when our kids grew up in the first Forester, this one is just as safe--or more so. We actually like that the Forester isn't a sexy car. We love the fact that it is utilitarian and practical, given our kids will be behind the wheel of it one day. Like their mom knows, the visibility, handling, comfort, reliability will serve them well when they learn to drive. Fortunately, the Forester will be 3 or 4 years old by then and we won't be more worried about the car than them. Given the reputation of Subaru quality and the fact they proved it to us with the first Forester, we are happy we bought another one. The wife loves this car. Me too. I can honestly say, you can't go wrong. I hope this one goes 15 years and 150,000 miles.

Just the right size car for me

by On The Go! from Long Island, New York | July 24, 2015

This car has many useful features and is rated very safe. The heated front seats will be great for the winter. Having many features at my fingertips means I don't take my eyes off the road. It is very comfortable to drive with a whole selection of seat positions, that can be adjusted to each person. Plus, the backseat passengers have plenty of leg room!

Good vehicle

by ron from Cleveland, Ohio | July 19, 2015

The upgraded model has many safety abilities, but very confusing and complicated directions for all. Manual is way too long and complicated. The backup camera screen is much much too small.Exterior styling is bland. Nothing exciting about this vehicle.

Best car that I ever had and worth every cent

by New Subaro addicted from Australia | June 26, 2015

Bought the car few weeks ago. Amazing car. I should have bought years ago if I knew how good it is. One main advantage over other SUVs is that it can drive very steep incline.

Subaru Forester Limited 2015

by Lionelsb from Costa Mesa, CA, | June 14, 2015

My first SUV. Excellent visibility & seating. Good styling. I have driven it only a couple of hundred miles so far. Had it only for less than a month. So far no complaints.

2015 SUBARU FORESTER TURBO TOURING LOADED

by Hot Rod from Savannah, GA | June 12, 2015

I regularly drive to northern Canada in the winter and a Subaru is the only option. Subaru meets all expectations except the tires and brakes. Winter snow tires are a must in Canadian winters and a legal requirement in lieu of snow chains in many mountain passes. With Michelen Ice X2 tires I have gone everywhere without a single slippage incident. Total control due to the industrie's best AWD system. The 6 speed manual/automatic transmission is great and makes up for the shortcomings in the brake department in lesser models.

First new vehicle since 2001

by TailLight from DeFuniak Springs, Fl. | June 12, 2015

Only have a couple hundred miles on it. So far so good. It has some features I'm not that familiar with but I'll get used to all the do-dads. I am really impressed with the AWD. Handles beautifully in heavy rain.

My first Subaru, a 2014 Forester Premium

by Spryguy, value enthusiast! from Haddam, CT | June 11, 2015

Firstly, I was not looking for an AWD vehicle. I researched cars and compared a whole range that fit my needs/wants for 10 months. First was a VW Tiguan, very nice but mpg + Premium gas not so good. Then a Honda CRV, again very nice, but high seating was difficult to access. Then a Mazda CX-5, the front roof pillars blocked my view. In addition, I drove several very nice economy cars, but they too were hard to access. I drove a Subaru Impreza and the VW golf and liked them a lot, but access was too low for my bad back, so I tried a Subaru CrossTrek, essentially a raised Impreza, and it was higher, but...not quite to my liking. Back to researching. Initially, I felt the Forester was too large, yet it offered everything I wanted in an automobile investment. Value, reliability, mpg and livability. So I drove it, surprise, it was waiting for me all along. It has the CVT, which is a bit touchy on initial take-off, but get it going and it's far better than the competition in my view. My only gripe would be the Electric Power Steering. I like it for the kind of country or city driving I do 90% of the time., but it's the highway driving that bugs me. It just doesn't feel normal, until I get used to it. I wasn't looking for an AWD vehicle, as FWD is just fine, but based on the overall value I don't think there is a better choice out there within the price range! My mpg is 29.5 in 70% country roads, the rest city/highway I've owned a 2014 Subaru Forester Premium for two months, no oil consumption or other issues. I bought a reliable (so far) used Subaru from a dealer I trust!

First Subaru

by New Forester from Sutton, MA | June 7, 2015

I like the great views while driving. The cargo space is fantastic. Handles well. The sunroof is quite large.