2015 Subaru Forester

Starting MSRP

Overall

New Forester purchase

by Retired Engineer from Volga, S.dak. | September 18, 2014

I spent more time considering the purchase than I have ever done previously. First, I studied new car rating with particular emphasis on smaller SUVs. The Forester stood out over all others. Secondly, I talked to other Subaru owners: 1. A real estate Agent (Forester) 2. A auto insurance executive ( 2 Legacies) 3. A Druggist that has a dayiy commute of nearly 50 miles. (outback). All owners praised their Subarus highly and recommended them unconditionally I also researched new car prices and went to the Blue book to learn the market value of my trade-in. I'm satisfied that all my research was profitable and that I got the best deal on a good, dependable Auto

L mode deficiency

by southbaydriver from Washington state | September 8, 2014

I have been driving for 60 years in all kinds of cars and light trucks. The 2015 Forester 2.5i Limited is the first vehicle I have ever owned or driven in which you cannot downshift effectively. Going downhill it is like a broken 1960 Buick--gravity prevails. The L mode works only at slow speeds and gentle slopes. Worthless! Those of us who live where there are hills, mountains and inclement weather need to able to downshift for safety and control. This car is not really a Subaru – it is a pretender and a huge disappointment. The salesman did not mention the deficiencies of the L-mode.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

A Happy Wife

by Lucy from Navasota, Tx | September 1, 2014

We bought a Subaru Forester about 4 weeks ago. My wife was pushing for a luxury vehicle because she has had 5 in the past. That was all I heard while we looked for a new vehicle. I selected a Subaru for several reasons. First, its safety record, and second was customer satisfaction, and third price. I looked it up on the internet using several sights and found it was the top in all categories in its class. Well my wife drove it for 4 weeks and I asked the question. Is the Forester going to work out for you? She said she loved the car and said it handled better then anything she has driven. She did say the road noise is more then the luxury car but not enough to make her want to give it up.

Great all around vehicle

by New subie owner from California | August 28, 2014

Planned to buy outback but after test driving forester my wife and I chose the forester. Very practical around town navigating tight spots.

Subaru Forester ... Again

by Birdie10 from Ohio | August 19, 2014

After owning a Forester for 12 years, I didn't need a lot of convincing. The car is reliable, well built, not full of unnecessary features. Visibility is great, it drives with more pep than my old model, turning radius is also improved. I feel safety is great in all ways, visibility, back up camera, all wheel control, ABS breaks and the solid body. They could include fish-eye side mirrors so you can see the car next to you, there is a big blind spot there. I wish they had added more comfortable seats, that was a complaint I had with the old one, too, and it still rides like a bumpy little truck. The mileage is just about what they predict. The dealers say the automatic gets better mileage than the manual, not sure I believe it and kind of wanted to drive that nifty 6-speed manual transmission, but I decided to act my age, since I expect to keep it until 2030.

Great motorhome tow behind!

by Motorhome guru from gulf coast Florida | August 16, 2014

We purchased our 2.5 Premium 6 speed manual to tow behind a motorhome and use as an extra car. All in all a great car for the money. With 3000 miles so far we have averaged 30 MPG. The safety record and overall quality is icing on the cake!

Most reliable car I've opened.

by Forester gal from Hyannis,Ma | August 16, 2014

The Ride is very quiet and comfortable and the steering Is very responsive . There is no road noise when driving .

Big Bang for the Buck

by Forester lover from Casper Wyoming | August 15, 2014

Great car seems to get 22mpg city havent really taken it on the hwy yet starts and runs loud until it warms up. great speed. great handling. smooth ride4. Just wished it sounded better when you start it.

love my firester

by vermonter from Vermont | August 2, 2014

After loving my Toyota Rav 4 for 14 years, 2000k I am surprised how easy it was to love another car just s much. There are so many outbacks around here I was determined not to have such a low car. I was not a fan of the Suburu family and wanted to stick to a RAV 4 The Honda CRV caught my eye and that seemed very cool like my cute little 2002 RAV 4. But the 2015 Forester is everything and more and I am so glad to be driving this great car. Now it seems like I live in it and I really hate driving. .I haul everything in it- bikes, grand children, farm produce and the rubber liner is great. Love the sun roof. ,

Great value for the money

by barnowl from CT | July 28, 2014

really like everything about this car. More time will tell, especially winter driving, but so far so good.