2015 Subaru Forester

2015 Subaru Forester
Available in 6 styles:  2015 Subaru Forester 4dr AWD shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Best car that I ever had and worth every cent

by New Subaro addicted from Australia | June 26, 2015

Bought the car few weeks ago. Amazing car. I should have bought years ago if I knew how good it is. One main advantage over other SUVs is that it can drive very steep incline.

Subaru Forester Limited 2015

by Lionelsb from Costa Mesa, CA, | June 14, 2015

My first SUV. Excellent visibility & seating. Good styling. I have driven it only a couple of hundred miles so far. Had it only for less than a month. So far no complaints.

2015 SUBARU FORESTER TURBO TOURING LOADED

by Hot Rod from Savannah, GA | June 12, 2015

I regularly drive to northern Canada in the winter and a Subaru is the only option. Subaru meets all expectations except the tires and brakes. Winter snow tires are a must in Canadian winters and a legal requirement in lieu of snow chains in many mountain passes. With Michelen Ice X2 tires I have gone everywhere without a single slippage incident. Total control due to the industrie's best AWD system. The 6 speed manual/automatic transmission is great and makes up for the shortcomings in the brake department in lesser models.

First new vehicle since 2001

by TailLight from DeFuniak Springs, Fl. | June 12, 2015

Only have a couple hundred miles on it. So far so good. It has some features I'm not that familiar with but I'll get used to all the do-dads. I am really impressed with the AWD. Handles beautifully in heavy rain.

My first Subaru, a 2014 Forester Premium

by Spryguy, value enthusiast! from Haddam, CT | June 11, 2015

Firstly, I was not looking for an AWD vehicle. I researched cars and compared a whole range that fit my needs/wants for 10 months. First was a VW Tiguan, very nice but mpg + Premium gas not so good. Then a Honda CRV, again very nice, but high seating was difficult to access. Then a Mazda CX-5, the front roof pillars blocked my view. In addition, I drove several very nice economy cars, but they too were hard to access. I drove a Subaru Impreza and the VW golf and liked them a lot, but access was too low for my bad back, so I tried a Subaru CrossTrek, essentially a raised Impreza, and it was higher, but...not quite to my liking. Back to researching. Initially, I felt the Forester was too large, yet it offered everything I wanted in an automobile investment. Value, reliability, mpg and livability. So I drove it, surprise, it was waiting for me all along. It has the CVT, which is a bit touchy on initial take-off, but get it going and it's far better than the competition in my view. My only gripe would be the Electric Power Steering. I like it for the kind of country or city driving I do 90% of the time., but it's the highway driving that bugs me. It just doesn't feel normal, until I get used to it. I wasn't looking for an AWD vehicle, as FWD is just fine, but based on the overall value I don't think there is a better choice out there within the price range! My mpg is 29.5 in 70% country roads, the rest city/highway I've owned a 2014 Subaru Forester Premium for two months, no oil consumption or other issues. I bought a reliable (so far) used Subaru from a dealer I trust!

First Subaru

by New Forester from Sutton, MA | June 7, 2015

I like the great views while driving. The cargo space is fantastic. Handles well. The sunroof is quite large.

Love it but lacking in some basic equipment

by New Subaru from Texas | June 2, 2015

I drove a mini cooper for the past 8 years. I just bought a 2015 Forester 2.5i Limited. Love the ride, the feel inside the room. The windows, the backup camera. The seats to me are very comfortable. Pickup on highway is good, feels sturdy and smooth. Things I can't believe ARE NOT in car. Automatic locking of doors when you start to drive, This is a safety issue for me. I will have to retrain myself after 8 years of my car doing it for me. Even in my Mini I could turn off the function if I didn't like it, on the Forester not even an option. The vanity mirrors not lit..Why? My 3 biggest pet peeves are that there is NO digital readout of speed while driving. The speedometer is in 2 mph makes it hard to distinguish between 55 and 60 or 65, really really miss it, the second pet peeve is none of the outlets for charging are live when the car is turn off. Why? The blue tooth is not user friendly at all.

this is a good car for family travel

by Subaru lover from Miami | May 25, 2015

perfect car, spacious comfortable and reliable. However the Bluetooth for the phone book to make hand free calls is not sink with the names in your phone book but only the numbers.

BUY IT, BUT WHATEVER YOU DO, SKIP THE AUTOMATIC

by Gonzopab from FL | May 24, 2015

Even though I'm giving it a recommendation, this is only for the manual transmission. I had a 2013 with a normal automatic transmission and it performed fine, even though it used a lot of oil. Traded it for a 2015 and made the mistake of getting the CVT transmission. The car bucked/hesitated from day one. Dealer said this was normal to CVT's but I have found this not to be the case with others. My CVT auto transmission would hesitate badly and bucked all the time. Even passenger would notice and ask about this. It also had what I call a delay in acceleration. Sometimes if I pressed the accelerator to move out fast, it would just sit there for a couple of seconds before responding. This was annoying and I believe a safety issue. Anyway, afte 18 months of this. I gave up on it. People told me that the transmission needed to warm up...what? Never had a car that needed this, and anyways, even after warm I would still buck. I like Subaru's, but until they fix the transmission issues, will not consider getting another. My recommendation, want one? Get a manual transmission. Skip the CVT at all cost.

2015 Subaru Forester Premium

by Longdriver from Georgia | May 20, 2015

This is my 3rd Subaru Forester: 2005, 2010 and now 2015. I varied the speed to break it in the first 1000 miles, following the owner's manual recommendations, didn't exceed 3000 rpm and subsequently drove the car halfway across the country and back (about 2000 miles), getting around 33 mpg. It didn't use a drop of oil and was quiet and comfortable, with improved insulation from the 2010. The CVT transmission shifts smoothly and is responsive in hilly terrain. Very pleased with the Forester, a responsive, safe and practical vehicle.