2015 Subaru Forester

Starting MSRP

Overall

great service

by Jing from Colorado | November 21, 2014

My husband's car damaged on the road, so we decided to buy an awd suv good for snow. From cars.com, we found a reasonable price subaru forester listed by autonation subaru west. We called there and met the salesman named Mitchell Hyder. He is a very kind person and knowledgeable for subarus. We were told the car listed had been sold, and Mr Hyder searched on his computer and found another same model one and he tryed to match the price the same with what we mentioned on the advertizement. On the way home, we found this car drove not smooth enough, the next day, we called about this problem, Mr Hyder just let ue drive back and exchange another one. Thanks to Mr Hyder for his kind help.

dents

by fireman 370 from conway, nh | November 14, 2014

we love everything about the forrester, except for the fact that the aluminum used on the hood is so thin that it dents when hit by acorns falling from trees. mine is only 3 months old and has 5 dents that happened before we knew what was doing it. we now have to drape a quilt over it. living in new England it is impossible to avoid oak trees.

Worst car I have ever driven

by 1cooldaddyo from Minnesota | November 12, 2014

I took delivery of a 2015 Forester as my company fleet vehicle 3 months ago. 18,000 miles later I remain unimpressed. Where to begin? The seats. This car is a base model with manual seats. A park bench is more comfortable and probably more supportive. I have driven my Chevy Silverado for 10 hours straight with no issue, but now I have to stop and walk around every two hours. The power? It sort of seems like it there might be some in there somewhere, but it's never around when you want it. Floor it to scoot across an intersection and torque management comes on so hard you can take a nap while it decides whether or not to move. Four wheel drive is unpredictable, shifting torque around seemingly at random. Once it sent so mush torque to the front that the steering effectively locked due to torque steer. In snow it slips, skids, and fishtails all over the place. It took every bit of 4x4 traction control just to get up my driveway (wife's 2014 Mazda 6 with summer tires had no trouble). But best of all is the heat...or lack of it. It was 25 today. With the grill completely blocked by duck tape, it never got above 190^. I drove all day with the temp turned all the way up, wearing long underwear and 3 shirts and never broke a sweat. Hopefully the company will let me switch to a minivan before it gets below zero!

Love my Forester

by New Subaru owner from Phoenix, AZ | November 3, 2014

After trying out an Outback, which I had thought I wanted, I bought a Forester. I Love this car. The Visibility is awesome, handling good, ride a bit rough (I had bmw's before) perky and responsive. Most of all I feel safe and stable. Backup camera nice feature. If you can - get upgraded model. Overall, Very pleased.

best car I have ever bought

by car lover from florida | October 25, 2014

Too bad all the U S cars aren't made like this. many things standard on this car you pay extra for on others. Like all wheel drive

Awesome

by mocacan from Mead, WA | October 23, 2014

I love this car. It has been 30 years since I bought a new car and I am glad I found the Forester. The windows are what sold me. I can see everywhere without a struggle. It is a smooth ride and it handles great.

Ready for the snow

by Another Subaru story from Hicksville | October 20, 2014

I recently purchased a Forester. I became interested in the Subaru Forester after hearing the commercials and reading reviews and decided to do a test drive. I loved how the car drove compared to other SUVs. I traded in my old car for the Forester and was concerned that I was downgrading but so far I am very happy with my decision and while I wasn't overjoyed with the interior design or seat color I think the pros out weigh the cons in this car. It handles very well and I feel connected to the car when I am driving it. I have not mastered the back up camera yet but I am sure I will love it soon.

Best Decision On A New Car I've Ever Made

by JJ from Carrollton, VA | October 14, 2014

This is the fifth new car I have bought for my family or myself, and I am very happy with my decision. I am consistently getter better than predicted gas mileage for my daily commute. My kids love the back seat room (I have 3 so all the seats are full when the family travels). They always want to take "Daddy's Car" instead of the minivan! The features for the money paid are an excellent value (I have the 2.5i Premium with MT, which comes standard with the All Weather Package). Although I am currently leasing the car, I am very seriously considering converting to a purchase, since I don't think I'll want to give the car up when my lease is over.

2015 Forester

by Buffalo Bob from Northern VA | September 28, 2014

The 2015 Subaru Forester has everything my wife wanted except for one item, which caused her to not want me to buy the car for her. The back up camera display screen was too small for her to easily see the image. It may sound like a low order problem but with one exception: buying a car with a back up camera was what started the effort to buy another Subaru in the first place. Her 2012 Subaru Legacy is perfect in all respects, except it does not have a backup camera. She decided to continue driving the Legacy and spend the money on a cruise to Aus/New Zealand this Jan.

New Forester purchase

by Retired Engineer from Volga, S.dak. | September 18, 2014

I spent more time considering the purchase than I have ever done previously. First, I studied new car rating with particular emphasis on smaller SUVs. The Forester stood out over all others. Secondly, I talked to other Subaru owners: 1. A real estate Agent (Forester) 2. A auto insurance executive ( 2 Legacies) 3. A Druggist that has a dayiy commute of nearly 50 miles. (outback). All owners praised their Subarus highly and recommended them unconditionally I also researched new car prices and went to the Blue book to learn the market value of my trade-in. I'm satisfied that all my research was profitable and that I got the best deal on a good, dependable Auto