2001 Subaru Impreza

$474–$12,774

Overall

Great car in every way

by Happysubowner from Santa Cruz, ca | December 12, 2012

I purchased this car recently and I absolutely love it. Despite it being an older car it hasn't stopped amazing me. Super fun to drive, very reliable, and good looking.

Uses car for Off-roading

Best all wheel drive for money

by Subie lover from Pennsylvania | September 7, 2011

I have previously owned 3 2001 R/S. and now own a 2010 Impreza STI and my daughter owns an Impreza 2010 WRX. Bought first 2001 RS for New England College bound daughter. through snow and 8 hr drives home during breaks . This car was amazing. Gave to youngest daughter who had an accident but was not hurt. purchased another used 2001 RS. She drove this until we sold on line and got her a new Forester. I bought a 2001 RS two door stick on line. Loved it. Someone did some work on it . Header, custom intake, exhaust, lowered, etc. etc. Loved it but sold since it was my winter ride a few years back to orginal owner. Now own the 2010 STI. For the money, they are safe and amazing in snow. The 2000-2001 are highly sought after.

Turbo?

by Someoneyoudontknow from | April 28, 2011

Ummm... This car is not turbo! it's N/A so yea....... It's a great and awesome car but it is not a turbo car. There is no turbo anywhere in that shot of the engine bay. It's a completely bone stock N/A 2.5 motor. The seller needs to get that fixed. This is false advertising! Other than the misleading information, this car is a good winter car and fun to drive.

RS 2.5 Two Door

by One of a Kind from Calabasas, Ca | September 26, 2010

OK, I KNOW it isn't one of a kind, but I bought this car new and I've NEVER seen another one exactly like it. My son has a blue 1998, and I saw a white one once. I've lived in Washington State and California and it still works great. If I could find a new car I like as well, I'd buy it, but for now I'll just enjoy my cute red go cart with the friendly spoiler that waves at me in these large parking lots full of silver suv's.

Still Blazin'

by Tyr1 from NJ | September 17, 2009

I have only purchased 1 brand new car in my lifetime. I have owned a number of vehicles, but my first big buy was a 2001 Subaru Impreza RS coupe. I was and still am a bit peeved that Subaru released their first WRX the following year, but all in all I wouldn't, and haven't, trade my car for the world. I have owned my Impreza since December of 2000. It has been out of commission here and there, but for the most part it has been everything that I would want in a vehicle. Quick to move for a naturally aspirated engine, tight shifting, ultra-clean handling, and killer exterior styling. In my honest opinion, the 2001 coupe is the last HOT body style that Subaru really launched. The wagons, hatches, and sedans are alright, but nothing beats the aggressive edges and deep cuts of the 2001's nose. Cabin noise can be a bit high, depending on your suspension and mounts and bushing swaps, but that is what your stereo is for. This car is from a time when interior trim was secondary. The dash and bezels shy away from bells and whistles, but again this car is made for driving. Be wary of a few things: This vehicle is all wheel drive. It handles beautifully, but it has a few inherent problems because of this. At 106,000 miles my center differential has died, a swapped transmission is the only real answer. All of the wheel bearings, bushings, take a beating and from my experience have to be replaced at some point.

Unfortunate Lemon

by chump in ohio from Athens, Ohio | April 8, 2009

I think it must be just my car. I bought what I thought was going to be my "dream car." I was in love with my car when I bought it....until the second day I owned it. I bought it used with only 26,000 miles on it, but it had EVERYTHING go wrong with it in the first three years of owning it. Not to mention the fact that the cup holder is in a stupid place, the back is too small to sleep in (which I was looking forward to doing, but found it awful when I had to because it broke down out of state), and the hub caps all fell off the car over a period of 5 months. I just have not appreciated the insane amount of money I have put into this car which I was told, would be a "tank". Good luck if you are getting one.

Great Car!

by Super Suby Dude. from N. Florida | December 19, 2007

Owned a Subaru for over 8 years and have not had 1 issue. Ultra reliable car and very fun to drive! Would recomend this car to anyone. Especialy if you need an all wheel drive car.

Great Car

by Car Afficionado from Madison, WI | December 28, 2006

Terrific, reliable, sporty, fun to drive. Goes in the snow with AWD. A great value. I've owned it for three years (2001 model L) and it has been the best little all around car i've ever had,

Featured Services for this Subaru Impreza