See Also: 2005 Subaru Impreza

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Available in 1 styles:  2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi 4dr AWD Sedan shown

18 city / 24 hwy

Overall

LOOOOOOOOOVE MY STi ! ! ! ! !

by SIK STI from Bellingham, WA | May 30, 2014

She'll be ten years old this December... total cost in repairs thus far, $40 bucks ! Haven't even had a lightbulb go out on her yet... unbelievable ! I could not be happier with my STi... Subie's Rule ! Can't wait to buy myself a Forester as well and keep them both FOREVER ! ! !

Back roads burner

by Juan Miguel from Santa Rosa, ca | February 3, 2014

Fantastic performing, practical, and reliable car! The 2005 is still a raw, driver oriented performance car unlike later versions that cater more to being quieter and more comfortable, but have less feedback and feel.

awesome car

by sube lover from New Hampshire | March 3, 2013

I bought this car new in 2005. It was just me and my dog then. I now use it to drive my two kids around, and my dog can fit in the back (mines a wagon/hatch back). It's not the prettiest car, or the quietest, it doesn't really have any extra options, but the all wheel drive is amazing. I live in New England in the middle of nowhere and I need to get to work no matter what the weather. I've never gotten stuck, in fact I've passed 4x4 SUVs and trucks who have slid off the road. In fact, the only times I've really slid is when I've done it on purpose. I would never go out in the snow with my kids unless I think they'll be safe, and I never worry taking them out in my Impreza. It now has well over 120,000 miles on it and it's still going strong. However, I'm a 5'4' female with a smallish frame. My 6' tall slightly overweight husband feels a little cramped driving it, and with one of the kids behind him, his knees touch the dashboard, but for a single small to average size person who likes to go off road or drives in the snow, I would highly recommend this car.

2.5RS Impreza

by Impreza Enthusiast from | December 17, 2012

If you are looking for a reliable and economical AWD car - this is a great choice. We really have enjoyed the car and recommend it for someone who wants something a bit sporty in a 4 door style. if you want more power go WRX, but reliability and adequate power can be found in the base model Impreza. if you are lucky to find a 2005 like we did - it is a RS 2.5 model - nice torque, styling and RS features. I recommend this for sure.

Incredible Car

by Clay from Coopersburg, PA | June 11, 2012

I previously owned a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX that I got as my first car. I fell in love with that car and thought, how much better can the WRX Sti be? So for graduation I got a 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti and I, again, was amazed by the quality of the vehicle. Never had a single problem (beyond normal wear and tear) with either of the vehicles. I wouldn't want any other car, not even a Ferrari or Lamborghini. This is an amazing car.

amazing

by dk from Clearwater fl | November 10, 2011

Awesome ride!!! Beautiful, really fast!!!Love the boxer engine. Has a great potential for upgrades. Highly recommend

Best Car Ever

by WRX lover from Missouri | May 31, 2011

Both my wife and I own Subaru's and wouldn't trade them for the world. They provide a fun car that is very safe. In the winter driving in the snow is not a scary adventure. I will never drive a car from another maker again. I have been driving Subaru's since the impreza 2.5 RS came out in 1998.

Great small car

by Gspeed262 from Wisconsin | March 11, 2010

I own the WRX wagon and its a GREAT all around vehicle. It's very sporty, very reliable, gets decent gas mileage, and with the wagon body style it can fit almost anything in the back with the seats folded down (i've hauled 8foot 2x4's). The luggage rack can also hold several hundred pounds of cargo if necessary. The All-Wheel-Drive system is amazing. Feels surefooted rain or snow. My only complaints are rear seat room (but I'm 6'2") and the ride is just a touch too stiff. But that's a sporty car for you. Get compliments everywhere I go :)

2005 wrx sti

by Suby from chicago | October 31, 2009

Orignal owner here... i have 204,000 miles on the orignal engine! its unbeleivable how reliable this car is.. NEVER had a problem, orignal turbo still spools awesome. My sti still runs like the day i bought it.. I would HIGHLY reccommend a 2005 subaru wrx sti.

just bought it!

by wrxturbowagonblue from Norwalk, CT | June 9, 2009

SO happy. Have heard great things. Fun to drive, powerful. Functional. Great looking car. Hope to have it for a long time.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Featured Services for this Subaru Impreza WRX STi