2010 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

17 city / 23 hwy

Overall

Not sure if Dealer or Car let me down

by Another Subaru from Denver, Co | August 1, 2013

I bought this "Subaru certified" car from a large dealership in Centennial Co. The first day I brought the car home they had to tow it back for the antifreeze coming out all over the engine and not having enough in it to drive back. When it got back to the dealer they also fixed the warped brakes. Went back again to replace the air scoop and a/c compressor since they were bad. The car still makes a horrible noise occasionally when the a/c is on making the car vibrate. My last Subaru never gave me this many problems in 7 years.

Zippy and grippy - it's good

by OnTheRoadUphill from North jersey | January 19, 2012

I've had it 2 months. Wish it had power seats. Love the heated seats and how it performs so well in inclement weather but Havent had to test it in snow yet. I think it will do well. Love the way it can maneuver in tight spots. It was mistaken for an Audi! Over all I love it.

2010 Subaru Impressa WRX Hatchback 5 Speen

by shermtek from Seacoast, NH | January 9, 2012

I purchased the premium model which has leather seating, sunroof, satelite radio. This vehicle is impressive. I enjoy the styling and performance. I am an older driver and found the 2011 styling a bit much..so I opted for the 2010. I also was not looking forward to the 2012 model. I love the hatchback. I can fit plenty of items by folding down the rear seats. Inside is pretty plain as one might expect in this class of car. Heater controls work well. I wish there was a ramp option when you use the auto climate control as it blasts hot air when initially activated. Models such as this should come with at least 3 auxiliary power ports...This car has two. My vehicle came with the leather trim seating. The seats are less supportive with sharp side to side movement..softer than I would imagine but I have a 6'2" 200 pound frame. Headroom is excellent for this class. Audio controls are nice. The double din style is great for upgrading. Shifter is acceptable..I have trouble hitting fourth gear for some reason during spirited driving. Steering is excellent, turn in is very precise. Braking is not as progressive as I would like..but decent. I carry 4 passengers without issues. Leather seats are easy to clean. Stuff seems to fly around the interior of this car due to the slippery leather seats and flat footwells for the rear passengers. Acceleration is excellent. I hit the rev limiter quite a bit because the engine spins up super fast. I achieved 26 mpg on the highway, 21 ish with my mostly in town driving. Front window seems to have issues with moisture during start up on a cold mornings. There is ALOT of road noise with this car..but you get to hear the engine and transmission more..which I absolutely love. Not sure I would enjoy as much if I had a long highway commute each day. Limited storage space between front seats and on dashboard...quite common with Subarus of this year. Nice storage spots in lower doors for drinks and stuff...of course it flies around during spirited driving..lol..

MY WRX Premuim: A Real Blast

by SOLD ON WRX from OHIO | November 15, 2011

My wife has a 2009 WRX. After I hit a deer with my old car, I drove a number of vehicles but realized I wanted a WRX of my own. This vehicle is full of technology including all wheel drive, vehicle dynamic stability control, air bags all over. It's 265 hp turbo-charged flat-4 cylinder engine delivers instant smiles while keeping a low center of gravity for excellent handling. I have driven this car from Ohio to Wyoming twice and Georgia and back, enjoying it's firm, comfortable ride through mountain passes and on the highway. HWY 28mpg, mixed 23-25mpg. I have 35000 miles with NO maintenence issues. I am a satisfied driver!

A more perfect vehicle would be hard to find

by All-Wheel-Willie from chicago, IL | October 20, 2011

This car handles like a dream, has a killer sound system, is extremely reliable and gets great gas mileage.

Great Little Car

by Subaru got me from New York | June 18, 2011

My 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium hatch is a great car. I had a 2003 Civic which I loved and was a solid car but I wanted AWD and I didn't want a big car so the Impreza was the most logical choice. Most things about this car are great. For its price it has a nice peppy engine. Styling outside is nice.. especially the back half in hatch form. With that, I do like the body improvements of the 2011 WRX. Interior features are great but the styling is just okay. I do like the sunroof, heated seats, and steering wheel radio controls. That being said, the speakers from the radio are awful. When I said something to the dealership about it they said it's just a stock radio and I could upgrade with aftermarket stuff if I wanted to... The other thing is that the inside panels of the doors are a solid, lame piece of plastic. Disappointing but I keep telling myself this car would be more expensive and heaver with more elaborate panels. Lastly, I have noticed a lot of squeaking from different parts of the car. Mostly, the dashboard and radio screen. It's not all the time and it's only at certain temperatures... Overall, I think this is an awesome car (even with my whiney gripes) and for it's value it's a no brainer (especially for a young teacher). My biggest complaint about this car is now I have one less reason not to go to work when it's snowing out. I can't say I can't drive in the snow! Oh well :)

First car but the best ever!

by Cool reliable sports car from Tacoma, wa | May 7, 2011

This was my first time buying a car and its been the best so far. I'm pleased that its working fine with no issues at all. I love the fact that even when it has tons of room in the car its very sporty. I would not trade this car for anything else.

Bitter-Sweet

by DSL from Salt Lake City, Utah | April 27, 2011

I bought my 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium Hatchback last June, and have put nine-thousand miles on it. I've always loved Imprezas, but never owned one, and before purchasing one had heard nothing but great things about the car. Unfortunately, I had not heard about the general dissapointment with the 2009 and later models. I love the overall exterior look of the car, but the front end could be more aggressive, and the tailpipe and grill look and feel cheap. The interir is attractive, but there is a very dissapointing over-use of plastic, and cheap console components (several plastic parts are already vibrating when the volume is at 25). The seats are very comortable, and the visibility is excellent in the hatchback, but the cabin styling is very boring and cheap. Performance is average, with 170 hp and 170 ft-lbs on a four speed automatic, there are some RPM ranges wherethe car is very zippy, but usually there is saddening throttle lagand sluggish proggression through the gears. Braking and Handling, however, is superb! Often I drive down the canyons of N.E. Utah, and am shocked to find I'm going fifty, navigating the corners and bends like I was going twenty-five. The turning radius is also quite impressive, and the symmetrical AWD is impeccable (and has savd my life once or twice). All in all, if Subaru had only spent more time and money on the interior quality, and putting a six-speed on the non-turbo models and kicking up the ponies a bit, this car would've been the best in its class and a competitor in higher price ranges. A solid 7 out of 10.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best looking Impreza yet

by Impreza Owner from LA, CA | April 21, 2011

I bought this car mainly because it's a best looking mid size wagon within my affordability. Impreza is known for its performance but this standard Impreza is lack of it. It takes lots of gas because to its all wheel drive yet you still don't get the performance. Interior is not that roomy considering I'm not a large guy. Over all I'd give it a 4 star for its look and affordability.

My first Subaru

by 1st sube from Daly City | January 16, 2011

Well impreza offers more bangs for your buck than civic with more hps and more standard equipment such as AWD and so on.