2013 Subaru Impreza

Starting MSRP

Overall

2013 subaru sport premium 5 door

by SAC/Ca from Sacramento | August 29, 2014

Handling is great, when on a mountain road a maxima wanted to go for it, well, I did, at 110 mph I hit high gear, I then noticed the wobbling maxima behind me, I slowed just to keep him from crashing,. My car was steady like a rock in a very tight turn at 110mph. 0 - 40 is slow but once moving it is very nice for passing. While in the mountains we were driving on a dirt and gravel road a local was with me and he stated he is surprised at hoe well it gripped the dirt road. With 2 adults and 5 days of camping gear and loaded with about 100 lbs of fresh produce it still handled like a go cart. It has a low HP rating, but the torque is unreal, its a boxer, if ya buy the turbo, your HP is increased but your torque is lost. Its a joy to drive, test one before you buy.

George's Trading Post

by Gemini222 from Pittsburgh, PA | July 31, 2014

The 2013 Impreza Limited was the4th Subaru that I've purchased, so I knew the exact car that I wanted and tracked it down with the help od cars.com. I wanted to give George's Trading Post a great review, first, for having the car that I was looking for and also great service and a great deal. So a shout out to George's Trading Post.

2014 Impreza (better ride than a 2013-14 Legacy)

by Btw77 from PA | May 22, 2014

I had a 2013 Legacy and HATED it which was a shame because I loved my 2012. The problem is that Subaru "improved" (hardened) the suspension for 2013 to eliminate body roll in the corners and improve steering feel. Well I wanted an AWD for the PA winter and could not find a good used Subaru plus my fillings were coming loose from the Legacy so I test drove and purchased the 2014 Impreza...WOW!!!! This is such a comfortable car that takes the rough Pennsylvania roads so much better than the Legacy. I have plenty of room and to top it all off I constantly average over 34mpg with a mostly highway drive up and down large hills. On a recent trip (100% mostly flat highway) I actually got 40mpg (not too bad for AWD!) Yes the audio system is not that great but we're not talking about a 35k luxury car. I also don't feel the car is overly noisy. Again it's an economy car which does what is designed to do and does it well. Will I ever win any drag race? NO but if I wanted that I would get a WRX or a Mitsubishi EVO. When the 15 Legacy/Outback comes out I will be curious to see if they still have that hardtail type chopper ride or if they decide to actually back off the stiffness a little which the 10-12 generation nailed perfectly (balance of road feel and comfort) Bottom line if you want a great little AWD car that has a nice ride and gets great MPG you owe it to yourself to at least test drive the impreza.

Highest Rated Compact by CR

by Solohitter from Santa Rosa, CA. | April 15, 2014

We went 75 miles to purchase this Subaru as we wanted a manual transmission, low miles, a sporty look, and a recent year. They are difficult to find and didn't want a WRX. It came with tinted windows and had that removed and visibility at night is normal now. It shifts smoothly, hugs the road, gets great mpg, and has all the tech stuff for nice audio/bluetooth. The only issue is ground clearance as it is fairly low so watch those dips coming out of or going into driveways; take it slow. Overall the car is a joy to drive and comfortable with adequate room in the rear seat. I love it and now have to give it up to my son!!

Seven months and 6000 miles

by Press on Regardless from Chicago metro area | April 4, 2014

6000 mi and seven months...2013 Subaru Impreza Limited hatchback Our first Subaru and we really like it. We have friends and neighbors who have Subies for years and now we know why. Likes: 1. Extremely solid build, great interior and exterior fit and finish; good support in seats 2. Good ride quality on poor and potholed roads 3. Nice interior materials, including the leather seats 4. Seat heaters on leather seats are so, so comfortable! 5. Good match between CVT and engine; CVT/engine combo performs very well in hilly terrain, including with cruise control set (road trip to/thru Pennsylvania last month proved this) 6. Radio and iPod music sync works great; Bluetooth complaints others have voiced mean nothing to me because I feel distracted driving is both morally wrong and extremely hazardous to myself and others -- so I don't do use it or do it EVER 7. Easy to drive in town and holds road well on the highway 8. Good visibility from front seats; and around/past side mirrors 9. Fabulous Subaru AWD system completely proved its' mettle in this Chicago's brutal winter 10. Thoughtful features throughout - specifically: --Roof rack mounting holes hidden in flush roof rails --Large outside mirrors shaped to see the road very well --Clear instrument displays and common sense and intuitive controls for radio/HVAC --Easy access to oil filter for self oil changes --Large storage in console and solid build for hinged and sliding cover/armrest --Center console w/USB plug-in accomodates a smart phone or iPod very well Dislikes: 1. Fuel economy not as great as we hoped, but have not driven yet thru a summer season, so it may improve with warmer weather and more break-in on drivetrain 2. OEM Yokohama tires - these have been trashed on forums as lacking traction in snow and the TireRack.com ratings confirmed it, so I replaced them as new with top traction-rated Pirelli Cinturato P7 all-season tires and had absolutely no problems getting around this very snowy winter...

Well-built as a real Subaru

by Foreigner from Long Island NY | February 26, 2014

In my 16th month and 16,000 miles, I have only one complaint - the front loudspeaker vibrates terrible and loud, especially over some road bumps and holes -and there are so many in NYC... I had a Subaru Legacy Wagon, which i was stupid enough not to move before Sandy...it got totally flooded. The greatest car ever had. This one is also very good, but a bit lighter - on some long bridges the wind can push you around in the lane! But it has great mileage compared to the old one. Don't fall for the "PZEV"(what's the sense for a 2.0l car when the monsters with the 5.7l don't have it?!) - get rid of the additional charcoal air filter (just break and remove it, no other way) and replace the original with a K&N filter. I can't describe the difference! The car accelerates much faster, you feel the power and on top of that - 3-5 mpg more, especially on the hwy! Had a 900 miles trip to Champaign-IL, averaged 38 mpg on a 65 mph average-how's that for the 36 mpg at 55 mph official data!? Absolutely no problems with the computer, if this is your next question. Interior is much better then the previous Impreza, 4 adults and lots of luggage sit very comfortable (well, we're all less than 6 ft!), same problems with the bluetooth as all others though. I also miss the horizontal reels-come only with the most expensive model- and the cruise control. Have a "comfort" package w/o cruise control?! nonsense. The tranny has some high-pitched noise over 60 mph but it goes away at 70 so no complains. Overall great car as a Subaru should be. Next time will buy a low-milage totally loaded Sports package with all extras...

2013 Impreza Premium Wagon

by Woodsman from Central PA | January 28, 2014

Had the car over a year now with 14,000 miles. SUV's and trucks were killing me on gas $$, Overall, the car is very practical SUV alternative and a good value if you don't splurge on the options. Easy to whip around in traffic and park! The engine is no rocket, but it gets you where you want to go. The gas mileage has been good but not as great as advertised. I average about 26-30 mpg in mixed driving. The AWD works very well. I had the car out on an unplowed road with about 10 inces of snow and it handled very well. However, the sedan-like 5.7" of ground clearance could become an issue on hard packed high snow and backwoods roads leading to camp grounds. The cargo capacity with the rear seats down is VERY good-like most people I wish it were a bit wider, but for a car this size, it's not bad, although I wish it was boxier like my old 2001 Forester. The seat fabric could be better. In fact, I wish they copied the Honda Element's seats. . The bluetooth can be a PITA and the radio sound quality reminds me of one I had in a 1979 Buick Regal. All in all, a good car but I think I may upgrade to a Forester or Outback for the extra ground clearance...maybe.

Impreza (and Subaru) have gone downhill

by Zed from Houston, TX | January 22, 2014

I had a 1997 Subaru Impreza Outback, and I LOVED it. It was comfortable, small (I like small), sporty, and reliable. Probably the only reason I'm not still driving it is because I wrecked it. Oops. So I decided to buy a 2013 Impreza. Oops again. Since 1997, the car itself has grown significantly larger. It appears to be as large as the 90s Foresters. I don't know why Subaru keeps inflating it's cars, but the ride shows it. The handling is NOTHING like in 1997. I don't trust the car around turns or over bumps. While I described my old Impreza as a "little tank," my new one is more like a hot air balloon. This is in part thanks to the weakling of an engine they stuck inside it. Making the car larger, and the engine less powerful is a winning combination for gas mileage (even though only a couple miles per gallon), and a pathetic combination for performance. The owners manual recommends shifting to 5th gear at 45mph for the best combination of mileage and performance, and I'm here to tell you that if you're in 5th at 45 and want to accelerate to 60 to, say, merge onto the highway, you have to floor the accelerator. Boh-oh-oh-gus! Furthermore, if someone in the passenger seat has sweaty shorts, like if they've been running, or cycling, or to the gym recently, it shorts out the airbag sensor and turns BOTH airbags off. I have another great idea, let's take our overgrown, under-powered car that's (theoretically) targeted towards outdoorsy and active people and design it such that the airbags won't work whenever said people have recently been outdoorsy and/or active. The dealer assured me this is normal operation. The engine noise on the highway is something like an airplane. It's LOUD-louder than any other car I've been in, other than a Wrangler. It's even louder than my friend's MiniCooper S Convertible. How is that even possible? And good luck using the BlueTooth--no one has even been able to hear me, even if I yell. I don't know why they bothered. I loved my old Subaru because it was practical AND fun. I got to own the car I wanted to drive, and also thought I should own. My new Subaru is neither. In an effort to go more mainstream and gain a larger market share, Subaru has destroyed everything I liked about them

Very solid and reliable car

by PS from | January 15, 2014

We bought a 2013 Impreza hatchback to be a steady performer in nasty Midwestern weather and it's performed admirably: careful handling, reliability, and decent MPG. It's a nice size for a young family and gets the job done without any hassle. There can be some road noise and I know lots of reviewers hate the Bluetooth/internal entertainment setup but these are low priorities for us and so largely irrelevant to the car achieving its main function.

Great car if you don't smoke...

by NY Commuter from Long Island, NY | January 9, 2014

I purchased this car in June '13 and have put 13,500 miles on it already, mostly commuting through NYC. The gas mileage has been very good (approx 30) considering the stop and go traffic I deal with everyday. Get closer to 34 on open highway. I spend a lot of time in this car and find interior comfortable and controls convenient. The CVT takes some getting use to and it definitely lacks a quick pick up on merges. BluTooth and audio technology is about a generation behind similar models for 2013 but sufficient for calls or listening to music. I have the hatch back and the storage is great, perfect compromise between a small SUV and a sedan. Clings to turns and rides smooth, if a little noisy.Just had our first snow storm and this car handled like a champ. Big complaint as a smoker is that due to the door design if you open the window even a crack in rain be prepared for a steady stream of water soaking your arm and door. Guess I will quit because otherwise I am very pleased with this car.