2013 Subaru Impreza

Available in 8 styles:  2013 Subaru Impreza 4dr Hatchback shown

Overall

Empreza Sport

by Buck from | February 4, 2016

Fun car to drive, with lots of extras (for a Subaru). Good pick-up and braking. Good style and comfort. A little low to the ground (good for performance but not super easy to get in and out of. Biggest drawback is the road noise. The car seem lighter and cheaper than other Subarus I have had, but I expect to get very good mileage out of it

Excessive Oil Consumption 2013 Impreza

by ButtrBoy from MA | January 26, 2016

I am appalled that Subaru refuses to address this well known problem with this model year. I have had to add a quart of oil between oil changes (synthetic, expensive oil). Now my Subaru is having "long start/cranking" issues and the dealership blames everything on "weather." I've owned plent yof other vehicles with no problems handling the New England weather. Will be taking in vehicle for oil consumption test per Subaru of America (30 minutes on hold) Concerned about the long term reliability given this car is 2 years old and having issues. Love my 4 wheel drive but miss my Honda.

Too much time in repair shop

by Subakim from Seattle WA | July 2, 2015

I have put in 50K in 2.5 years, have had the rings replaced and also the wheel bearings done.Very concerning to have such major issues so early on - I worry what happens when the warranty is up. This is my 4th Subaru and I've been very happy with my past cars (2003 forester was the best ever.) In 2013 the Impreza was the only new car I could find on the market that met my criteria - low mileage (excellent), awd (works great), hatchback, and a manual. I love everything about this car - except that I don't trust it not to have major expenses post warrantee. My other complaints: uses excessive oil, low clearance, terrible blue tooth, and the darn passenger seat belt ding comes on when I so much as put an apple on the seat.

2013 has Oil Consumption issues!!!

by 2nd subaru owner from Worcester, MA | May 13, 2015

I purchased my 2013 Impreza Limited with all the bells and whistles in May 2013. I wanted a reliable car to start my new job with and thought the impreza was the car. Here I am, in May of 2015 and I have 54000 on the car and it is consuming oil at the rate of about 1/3 of a quart every 1200 miles. Brought it to subaru and they said that's normal. IN WHAT WORLD IS THIS NORMAL???? To have a car that is only 2 years old that you have to add a quart of $10 a bottle oil to every 3600 miles!!! DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!! Don't believe me???? Think I'm bitter (well maybe), however, do yourself a favor and search Subaru Impreza Oil Consumption issues on the 2013 model and you'll see a lot folks who have it. Dont think it'll be sheer blind luck that yours wont, IT WILL EVENTUALLY!

Great car, to low

by rick from Tacoma, WA | January 5, 2015

I have had this car for 2 years now and just hit 27,000 and have it on several cross country trips from Washington to the Great Lakes, in summer and winter. The interior still looks good and the exterior paint is in original condition. Three main issues for this care is (1) low clearance resulting in front bumper damage on curbs, (2) snow plowing in snow over 6", and (3) CVT that allows care to rollback up to 2 feet when shifting from reverse to drive on a hill. They say this is part of the "design" for all CVT's. Is that is the case there should be a nation wide recall on all transmissions of this design since 2 ft is large enough to crush someone between the care and a hard place. MPG is running 29 city, 32-34 highway.

2013 subaru sport premium 5 door

by SAC/Ca from Sacramento | August 29, 2014

Handling is great, when on a mountain road a maxima wanted to go for it, well, I did, at 110 mph I hit high gear, I then noticed the wobbling maxima behind me, I slowed just to keep him from crashing,. My car was steady like a rock in a very tight turn at 110mph. 0 - 40 is slow but once moving it is very nice for passing. While in the mountains we were driving on a dirt and gravel road a local was with me and he stated he is surprised at hoe well it gripped the dirt road. With 2 adults and 5 days of camping gear and loaded with about 100 lbs of fresh produce it still handled like a go cart. It has a low HP rating, but the torque is unreal, its a boxer, if ya buy the turbo, your HP is increased but your torque is lost. Its a joy to drive, test one before you buy.

George's Trading Post

by Gemini222 from Pittsburgh, PA | July 31, 2014

The 2013 Impreza Limited was the4th Subaru that I've purchased, so I knew the exact car that I wanted and tracked it down with the help od cars.com. I wanted to give George's Trading Post a great review, first, for having the car that I was looking for and also great service and a great deal. So a shout out to George's Trading Post.

2014 Impreza (better ride than a 2013-14 Legacy)

by Btw77 from PA | May 22, 2014

I had a 2013 Legacy and HATED it which was a shame because I loved my 2012. The problem is that Subaru "improved" (hardened) the suspension for 2013 to eliminate body roll in the corners and improve steering feel. Well I wanted an AWD for the PA winter and could not find a good used Subaru plus my fillings were coming loose from the Legacy so I test drove and purchased the 2014 Impreza...WOW!!!! This is such a comfortable car that takes the rough Pennsylvania roads so much better than the Legacy. I have plenty of room and to top it all off I constantly average over 34mpg with a mostly highway drive up and down large hills. On a recent trip (100% mostly flat highway) I actually got 40mpg (not too bad for AWD!) Yes the audio system is not that great but we're not talking about a 35k luxury car. I also don't feel the car is overly noisy. Again it's an economy car which does what is designed to do and does it well. Will I ever win any drag race? NO but if I wanted that I would get a WRX or a Mitsubishi EVO. When the 15 Legacy/Outback comes out I will be curious to see if they still have that hardtail type chopper ride or if they decide to actually back off the stiffness a little which the 10-12 generation nailed perfectly (balance of road feel and comfort) Bottom line if you want a great little AWD car that has a nice ride and gets great MPG you owe it to yourself to at least test drive the impreza.

Highest Rated Compact by CR

by Solohitter from Santa Rosa, CA. | April 15, 2014

We went 75 miles to purchase this Subaru as we wanted a manual transmission, low miles, a sporty look, and a recent year. They are difficult to find and didn't want a WRX. It came with tinted windows and had that removed and visibility at night is normal now. It shifts smoothly, hugs the road, gets great mpg, and has all the tech stuff for nice audio/bluetooth. The only issue is ground clearance as it is fairly low so watch those dips coming out of or going into driveways; take it slow. Overall the car is a joy to drive and comfortable with adequate room in the rear seat. I love it and now have to give it up to my son!!

Seven months and 6000 miles

by Press on Regardless from Chicago metro area | April 4, 2014

6000 mi and seven months...2013 Subaru Impreza Limited hatchback Our first Subaru and we really like it. We have friends and neighbors who have Subies for years and now we know why. Likes: 1. Extremely solid build, great interior and exterior fit and finish; good support in seats 2. Good ride quality on poor and potholed roads 3. Nice interior materials, including the leather seats 4. Seat heaters on leather seats are so, so comfortable! 5. Good match between CVT and engine; CVT/engine combo performs very well in hilly terrain, including with cruise control set (road trip to/thru Pennsylvania last month proved this) 6. Radio and iPod music sync works great; Bluetooth complaints others have voiced mean nothing to me because I feel distracted driving is both morally wrong and extremely hazardous to myself and others -- so I don't do use it or do it EVER 7. Easy to drive in town and holds road well on the highway 8. Good visibility from front seats; and around/past side mirrors 9. Fabulous Subaru AWD system completely proved its' mettle in this Chicago's brutal winter 10. Thoughtful features throughout - specifically: --Roof rack mounting holes hidden in flush roof rails --Large outside mirrors shaped to see the road very well --Clear instrument displays and common sense and intuitive controls for radio/HVAC --Easy access to oil filter for self oil changes --Large storage in console and solid build for hinged and sliding cover/armrest --Center console w/USB plug-in accomodates a smart phone or iPod very well Dislikes: 1. Fuel economy not as great as we hoped, but have not driven yet thru a summer season, so it may improve with warmer weather and more break-in on drivetrain 2. OEM Yokohama tires - these have been trashed on forums as lacking traction in snow and the TireRack.com ratings confirmed it, so I replaced them as new with top traction-rated Pirelli Cinturato P7 all-season tires and had absolutely no problems getting around this very snowy winter...