2013 Subaru Impreza

2013 Subaru Impreza
Available in 8 styles:  2013 Subaru Impreza 4dr Hatchback shown

Overall

Too much time in repair shop

by Subakim from Seattle WA | July 2, 2015

I have put in 50K in 2.5 years, have had the rings replaced and also the wheel bearings done.Very concerning to have such major issues so early on - I worry what happens when the warranty is up. This is my 4th Subaru and I've been very happy with my past cars (2003 forester was the best ever.) In 2013 the Impreza was the only new car I could find on the market that met my criteria - low mileage (excellent), awd (works great), hatchback, and a manual. I love everything about this car - except that I don't trust it not to have major expenses post warrantee. My other complaints: uses excessive oil, low clearance, terrible blue tooth, and the darn passenger seat belt ding comes on when I so much as put an apple on the seat.

2013 has Oil Consumption issues!!!

by 2nd subaru owner from Worcester, MA | May 13, 2015

I purchased my 2013 Impreza Limited with all the bells and whistles in May 2013. I wanted a reliable car to start my new job with and thought the impreza was the car. Here I am, in May of 2015 and I have 54000 on the car and it is consuming oil at the rate of about 1/3 of a quart every 1200 miles. Brought it to subaru and they said that's normal. IN WHAT WORLD IS THIS NORMAL???? To have a car that is only 2 years old that you have to add a quart of $10 a bottle oil to every 3600 miles!!! DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!! Don't believe me???? Think I'm bitter (well maybe), however, do yourself a favor and search Subaru Impreza Oil Consumption issues on the 2013 model and you'll see a lot folks who have it. Dont think it'll be sheer blind luck that yours wont, IT WILL EVENTUALLY!

Great car, to low

by rick from Tacoma, WA | January 5, 2015

I have had this car for 2 years now and just hit 27,000 and have it on several cross country trips from Washington to the Great Lakes, in summer and winter. The interior still looks good and the exterior paint is in original condition. Three main issues for this care is (1) low clearance resulting in front bumper damage on curbs, (2) snow plowing in snow over 6", and (3) CVT that allows care to rollback up to 2 feet when shifting from reverse to drive on a hill. They say this is part of the "design" for all CVT's. Is that is the case there should be a nation wide recall on all transmissions of this design since 2 ft is large enough to crush someone between the care and a hard place. MPG is running 29 city, 32-34 highway.

2013 subaru sport premium 5 door

by SAC/Ca from Sacramento | August 29, 2014

Handling is great, when on a mountain road a maxima wanted to go for it, well, I did, at 110 mph I hit high gear, I then noticed the wobbling maxima behind me, I slowed just to keep him from crashing,. My car was steady like a rock in a very tight turn at 110mph. 0 - 40 is slow but once moving it is very nice for passing. While in the mountains we were driving on a dirt and gravel road a local was with me and he stated he is surprised at hoe well it gripped the dirt road. With 2 adults and 5 days of camping gear and loaded with about 100 lbs of fresh produce it still handled like a go cart. It has a low HP rating, but the torque is unreal, its a boxer, if ya buy the turbo, your HP is increased but your torque is lost. Its a joy to drive, test one before you buy.

George's Trading Post

by Gemini222 from Pittsburgh, PA | July 31, 2014

The 2013 Impreza Limited was the4th Subaru that I've purchased, so I knew the exact car that I wanted and tracked it down with the help od cars.com. I wanted to give George's Trading Post a great review, first, for having the car that I was looking for and also great service and a great deal. So a shout out to George's Trading Post.

2014 Impreza (better ride than a 2013-14 Legacy)

by Btw77 from PA | May 22, 2014

I had a 2013 Legacy and HATED it which was a shame because I loved my 2012. The problem is that Subaru "improved" (hardened) the suspension for 2013 to eliminate body roll in the corners and improve steering feel. Well I wanted an AWD for the PA winter and could not find a good used Subaru plus my fillings were coming loose from the Legacy so I test drove and purchased the 2014 Impreza...WOW!!!! This is such a comfortable car that takes the rough Pennsylvania roads so much better than the Legacy. I have plenty of room and to top it all off I constantly average over 34mpg with a mostly highway drive up and down large hills. On a recent trip (100% mostly flat highway) I actually got 40mpg (not too bad for AWD!) Yes the audio system is not that great but we're not talking about a 35k luxury car. I also don't feel the car is overly noisy. Again it's an economy car which does what is designed to do and does it well. Will I ever win any drag race? NO but if I wanted that I would get a WRX or a Mitsubishi EVO. When the 15 Legacy/Outback comes out I will be curious to see if they still have that hardtail type chopper ride or if they decide to actually back off the stiffness a little which the 10-12 generation nailed perfectly (balance of road feel and comfort) Bottom line if you want a great little AWD car that has a nice ride and gets great MPG you owe it to yourself to at least test drive the impreza.

Highest Rated Compact by CR

by Solohitter from Santa Rosa, CA. | April 15, 2014

We went 75 miles to purchase this Subaru as we wanted a manual transmission, low miles, a sporty look, and a recent year. They are difficult to find and didn't want a WRX. It came with tinted windows and had that removed and visibility at night is normal now. It shifts smoothly, hugs the road, gets great mpg, and has all the tech stuff for nice audio/bluetooth. The only issue is ground clearance as it is fairly low so watch those dips coming out of or going into driveways; take it slow. Overall the car is a joy to drive and comfortable with adequate room in the rear seat. I love it and now have to give it up to my son!!

Seven months and 6000 miles

by Press on Regardless from Chicago metro area | April 4, 2014

6000 mi and seven months...2013 Subaru Impreza Limited hatchback Our first Subaru and we really like it. We have friends and neighbors who have Subies for years and now we know why. Likes: 1. Extremely solid build, great interior and exterior fit and finish; good support in seats 2. Good ride quality on poor and potholed roads 3. Nice interior materials, including the leather seats 4. Seat heaters on leather seats are so, so comfortable! 5. Good match between CVT and engine; CVT/engine combo performs very well in hilly terrain, including with cruise control set (road trip to/thru Pennsylvania last month proved this) 6. Radio and iPod music sync works great; Bluetooth complaints others have voiced mean nothing to me because I feel distracted driving is both morally wrong and extremely hazardous to myself and others -- so I don't do use it or do it EVER 7. Easy to drive in town and holds road well on the highway 8. Good visibility from front seats; and around/past side mirrors 9. Fabulous Subaru AWD system completely proved its' mettle in this Chicago's brutal winter 10. Thoughtful features throughout - specifically: --Roof rack mounting holes hidden in flush roof rails --Large outside mirrors shaped to see the road very well --Clear instrument displays and common sense and intuitive controls for radio/HVAC --Easy access to oil filter for self oil changes --Large storage in console and solid build for hinged and sliding cover/armrest --Center console w/USB plug-in accomodates a smart phone or iPod very well Dislikes: 1. Fuel economy not as great as we hoped, but have not driven yet thru a summer season, so it may improve with warmer weather and more break-in on drivetrain 2. OEM Yokohama tires - these have been trashed on forums as lacking traction in snow and the TireRack.com ratings confirmed it, so I replaced them as new with top traction-rated Pirelli Cinturato P7 all-season tires and had absolutely no problems getting around this very snowy winter...

Well-built as a real Subaru

by Foreigner from Long Island NY | February 26, 2014

In my 16th month and 16,000 miles, I have only one complaint - the front loudspeaker vibrates terrible and loud, especially over some road bumps and holes -and there are so many in NYC... I had a Subaru Legacy Wagon, which i was stupid enough not to move before Sandy...it got totally flooded. The greatest car ever had. This one is also very good, but a bit lighter - on some long bridges the wind can push you around in the lane! But it has great mileage compared to the old one. Don't fall for the "PZEV"(what's the sense for a 2.0l car when the monsters with the 5.7l don't have it?!) - get rid of the additional charcoal air filter (just break and remove it, no other way) and replace the original with a K&N filter. I can't describe the difference! The car accelerates much faster, you feel the power and on top of that - 3-5 mpg more, especially on the hwy! Had a 900 miles trip to Champaign-IL, averaged 38 mpg on a 65 mph average-how's that for the 36 mpg at 55 mph official data!? Absolutely no problems with the computer, if this is your next question. Interior is much better then the previous Impreza, 4 adults and lots of luggage sit very comfortable (well, we're all less than 6 ft!), same problems with the bluetooth as all others though. I also miss the horizontal reels-come only with the most expensive model- and the cruise control. Have a "comfort" package w/o cruise control?! nonsense. The tranny has some high-pitched noise over 60 mph but it goes away at 70 so no complains. Overall great car as a Subaru should be. Next time will buy a low-milage totally loaded Sports package with all extras...

2013 Impreza Premium Wagon

by Woodsman from Central PA | January 28, 2014

Had the car over a year now with 14,000 miles. SUV's and trucks were killing me on gas $$, Overall, the car is very practical SUV alternative and a good value if you don't splurge on the options. Easy to whip around in traffic and park! The engine is no rocket, but it gets you where you want to go. The gas mileage has been good but not as great as advertised. I average about 26-30 mpg in mixed driving. The AWD works very well. I had the car out on an unplowed road with about 10 inces of snow and it handled very well. However, the sedan-like 5.7" of ground clearance could become an issue on hard packed high snow and backwoods roads leading to camp grounds. The cargo capacity with the rear seats down is VERY good-like most people I wish it were a bit wider, but for a car this size, it's not bad, although I wish it was boxier like my old 2001 Forester. The seat fabric could be better. In fact, I wish they copied the Honda Element's seats. . The bluetooth can be a PITA and the radio sound quality reminds me of one I had in a 1979 Buick Regal. All in all, a good car but I think I may upgrade to a Forester or Outback for the extra ground clearance...maybe.