2000 Subaru Legacy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great First Car

by Mommy-type 20-something from North Bay Area, CA | October 6, 2013

Got help financing my first car, I have no problems. The car handles wonderfully on the rural roads where I live, and in the town. Great gas economy for the type of car and the qualities available in the vehicle. I can't wait to go camping with my dog and my friends!

Solid

by NighthawkNathan from Denver, CO | September 26, 2011

My FWD Honda would always slide out and crash when going up the snow covered dirt roads to visit my parents near Twin Lake, Colorado. How let me be the first to say that AWD DOES NOT work on ice but if a little traction goes a LONG way on this car. Plus with a 5 Speed it is fun to drive. You take care of the Subbie and she will take care of you.

VERY GREAT CAR

by Derrick from Accident MD | September 20, 2011

Hello, if you are like me and have drove a lot of cars/trucks but wanted a good reliable car, with AWD for snow so you aren't the poor person on the side of the road freezing to death. Then this is the car for you, what I love about the car is it have a good sized engine, comes in manual, AWD, and because of that unlike other cars with RWD/FWD that have to much power and want to slide out from under itself, the Subaru has good power, the engine is lower along with AWD so it "hugs the pavement", it has amazing handling and control. The Exterior Design isn't the best so I got a body kit for it, but the Interior is GREAT, don't get my wrong its no leather high end sports car seating, but it is very comfortable (even the hump in the back). Everything inside works great and is very nice, and easy to figure out. This is the most reliable I have ever owned, we have a 94 legacy and nothing broke on it, it just got so rusted because of all the salt damage (we get 250-300' of snow a year) that it rusted out the body so badly we couldn't tell if the seats would just fall though. Bottom line, if you want an affordable car that will last forever and AWD, with some power to it, GET A SUBARU!!!

Great Value, Reliable Car

by Legacy Owner by Chance from Pennsylvania | October 6, 2010

I bought my Legacy when I was low on funds and without a vehicle. Have owned it for almost two years now. I've had no problems with the car at all. It gets great gas mileage for an AWD vehicle, and is built pretty solid. It may not be the most stylish car out there but certainly a great bang for your buck. Good performance in the snow too. Might not be your dream car, but is definately worth considering if you're looking for something reliable with good features and is easy on the budget.

nice car

by suburu fan from | September 13, 2010

i would recommend this car. it is a great car, especially in winter weather. its sporty, but still practical.

Better off with a new Subaru

by SubaruLover from Kent, WA | August 25, 2010

I've purchased a 2000 Subaru Legacy and a 1996 Accord and have driven each from the day I drove them off of the lot. Subaru has made significant design enhancements and improvements in overall reliability over the earlier motors. The Honda has only had routine maintenace but the 2000 Subaru has proven to be a rattle trap as well as a repair nightmare. The subaru suffers from poor motor design and frequently blows head gaskets and leaks both oil and transmission fluid due to low quality sealant products. A few years ago I had the windshield wiper motor go out as well as washer fluid pump - all a necessity in the northwest. As far as the interior, this model you sit very low, similar to that of Chevy automobiles that makes the vehicle difficult to drive and somewhat akward to view your blindspots. Electrical and rust issues are also more frequent than I would expect. At 150,000 you are best to get rid of the car and put your money into a new car and avoid the repair costs. On the plus side, the all-wheel-drive is fantastic in all weather conditions and aside from muddled handling, this vehice performs well in acceleration and braking (ABS) and gets decent gas mileage.

Featured Services for this Subaru Legacy