2003 Subaru Legacy

21 city / 27 hwy

Overall

Great deal

by Mtch from Richmond me | June 23, 2013

I am lovingnthis car so far. That is probably due to the wonderful service I got at Acord Auto in Richmond ME. It is a ten year old car but the mileage is low and it has new gaskets belts and the brakes had been replaced fairly recently. In my experience Japanese cars can keep trucking for hundreds of thousands of miles so buying a car with under 100k miles that has been well maintained is the best way to go. It is old and i have to say it isnt the best looking car but I have a feeling it is going to last me a long time. I put seafoam engine treatment in the gas tank which I would highly recommend for any older car. It just cleans out the engine a bit and makes it run a little smoother. I got the hatchback which is amazing and can fit a ton of stuff in the back. I will say that the boxer engine did sound a little weird to me at first but It is an overall much more efficent design and the awd makes it great for the snow. I love my subie!

NOT RELIABLE

by COAL MAN from HURRICANE WV | August 20, 2010

POWER STEERING PUMP WENT OUT AT 75000 MILES ENGINE WENT OUT AT 125000 MILES REAR WINDOW LEAKED WATER IN THE TAIL LIGHTS

Great car!

by Greatcar from VA | July 6, 2010

Great car, very dependable and durable, love mine. Don't buy a Subaru if you like to have a new car often as you won't ever have a reason to trade it...they are that good!

A very good wagon

by A satisfied Subaru owner from Andover, MA | March 20, 2008

I like this small wagon with AWD. It has enough space in the back to put our two bikes or small pieces of furniture. It is an extremely useful car and the price was okay too. It is also very reliable. I like the AWD. It seems safer and I think is safer than non-AWD vehicles. The only drawback is that while the gas mileage is okay, I would like it to be better. The next time I buy a car, hopefully not for 3 or more years yet, gas mileage will be a very important consideration.

Excellent for the money

by Suby driver from West Chester, PA | January 21, 2007

I bought this car with 49K on the clock and it drives/looks brand new. Coming from three used Volkswagens (unreliable, but fun to drive), I must say I am very happy with this car. It is a little under powered, but I can seat 4+ of my friends very comfortably, and it is very practical. The AWD system is very helpful in slippery conditions, and holds to the pavement superbly in the dry. I think I will be sticking with Subaru for a very long time.

It needs!

by Avid car fan from New York | November 25, 2006

It Needs! More power... Performance is anemic when launched, look around and be careful pulling out! It needs! More features... One speed interminent wipers, no power seat, no extension on the window visor, poor interior lighting - no footwell lights, no heat vents or center arm rest in rear.... A nice size vechicle with AWD that has been very reliable

Subaru Legacy wagon

by Retired and still kicking from Seattle, WA and Bucerias, Mexico | June 1, 2006

I have now put over 40,000 miles on this car without a problem. The car is very versatile and practical. Great for hualing. Comfortable for long trips. Seats four. I was considering a mid-sized SUV and decided that I would be a fool to give up this great car with so few miles on it. Our other car is a Miata.

Featured Services for this Subaru Legacy